Was There a Double Suicide on Magic?

Lace

Wow... I'm sure next time someone is in so much pain and despair that they want to end their life they will hang in there long enough to jump out of a plane to even out the bad press..

Seriously. Heartless.

Someone that commits suicide in a public fashion or in such a way that disrupts others vacations voids their right to sympathy. They took the coward way out and are inflicting their problems on others - be it friends, family or total strangers.

I support people having the right to end their life - in the right way. Not on a cruise ship.

Something we can agree on!

So far, from what I/we have read:

1.) 2 suicides-suspected?

2.) 2 bodies removed, covered in sheets head to toe.

3.) Passengers were officially told 2 passengers had life threatening illnesses

4.) Someone's sister was on the Magic, who reported one passenger had a heart attack and another had a stroke

5.) Another report made that one passenger had a heart attack and another had a broken leg-and both were alive when they were removed from the ship.

Have I missed anything?! Think we'll ever find out what really happened?

No we won't be told because it's really none of our business. This is a personal matter for the families involved.

As for some of the snarky remarks on this thread it's best to just ignore and hope the poster will find something else to do.

Again Police Departments in the USA have no jurisdiction over incidents at sea, its a USCG problem, they wouldn't rush back to have an investigation done by local cops.

I believe that the FBI tends to investigate such incidents. They would need to investigate the cabin as a crime scene before it could be used. The FBI tends to be involved in the case of ships leaving from or returning to US ports, as well as cases involving US citizens. In the case where the ship was sailing from a foreign port the FBI would not be primary and would be dealing with second hand information from the agency that did have jurisdiction. I believe that the other agency that would be involved is from whatever country the ship was registered in.

I believe that the FBI tends to investigate such incidents. They would need to investigate the cabin as a crime scene before it could be used. The FBI tends to be involved in the case of ships leaving from or returning to US ports, as well as cases involving US citizens. In the case where the ship was sailing from a foreign port the FBI would not be primary and would be dealing with second hand information from the agency that did have jurisdiction. I believe that the other agency that would be involved is from whatever country the ship was registered in.

This is truthful.

It is on the books that the U.S. has authority to investigate any incidents involving U.S. citizens.

No we won't be told because it's really none of our business. This is a personal matter for the families involved.

As for some of the snarky remarks on this thread it's best to just ignore and hope the poster will find something else to do.

You are righton both counts-it is none of our business to know. (I was asking a rhetorical question, btw), and that some of the remarks have been very snarky) Thanks for pointing this way.

Something we can agree on!

So far, from what I/we have read:

1.) 2 suicides-suspected?

2.) 2 bodies removed, covered in sheets head to toe.

3.) Passengers were officially told 2 passengers had life threatening illnesses

4.) Someone's sister was on the Magic, who reported one passenger had a heart attack and another had a stroke

5.) Another report made that one passenger had a heart attack and another had a broken leg-and both were alive when they were removed from the ship.

Have I missed anything?! Think we'll ever find out what really happened?

I blame Obama Care