Carnival Glory w/Infant Cruise Review from 12/8

Sunkissed Mommy

Like everyone has said, your son is a doll. Loved your pictures. Silly me. I skipped looking at the food pictures and zoomed into where your son was.

Wow You have gone on a lot of cruises. Wish we were that close to a ocean (at times anyhow).

So what picture was your favorite of your son?

So what picture was your favorite of your son?

I have to say it's a tie. I LOVE the one where he is in just a diaper with his back to the camera out on our balcony. I just think it's adorable!

IMG_3705_zps54836675.jpg

My other favorite is one that I had mentioned, but forgot to post!

On formal night we were running around taking pictures. While we stopped in front of the xmas tree backdrop the assistant cruise director stopped us in the middle of the pictures and interviewed us. He thought our son was adorable and spoke with us for a while. We ended up making it on to the cruise in review dvd.

Anyhow, my son was in an elf outfit. This is my other favorite :)

IMG_4065_zps9593f975.jpg

Was your tour in Grand Cayman through the cruise ship or did you book it on your own?? That's what we wanna do in April with the exception of the Submarine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The tour in Grand Cayman was booked through the ship, sadly. This was the tour that the Shore Excursion staff recommended we take as a replacement for the canceled Stingray City, Hell, and Turtle Farm excursion.

Another note about that tour. I wrote a review for the Carnival website when we returned form the cruise. The exact name is Explore Cayman by Land and Sea. I have checked the Carnival website multiple times and my review is nowhere to be found. I'm not sure if they screen which reviews end up on their site or what, but I am disappointed that my honest assessment of the submarine portion is not there for others so hear about. I don't see other reviewers commenting on the lack of air, so perhaps we had a fluke crappy experience?? I still would have appreciated some sort of response or acknowledgment of the fact.

Thanks so much for the awesome review. We leave Sunday with our 7 month old. She's very hapy laid back baby, as yours seems, so we are hoping it'll be as much fun as you had. Thanks again for the detailed review and pics!! :)

Are they still doing white night in the club?

I do not remember seeing any advertisement for a White Party on this ship. I know NCL does White Hot Night. Let me check the Fun Times...

Well I guess a baby will keep us in the dark about night time activities! There was a White Party!

Electric White Night After Party 11pm in White Heat on Night 1 (Leaving Miami)

I do not remember seeing any advertisement for a White Party on this ship. I know NCL does White Hot Night. Let me check the Fun Times...

Well I guess a baby will keep us in the dark about night time activities! There was a White Party!

Electric White Night After Party 11pm in White Heat on Night 1 (Leaving Miami)

Lol yes babies have a way of doing that. Great thanks a lot. Great review.

Hi there! Loved your review! I am debating on taking my son on his first cruise next month. But I have been hesitant about it because he also has a milk protein intolerance. If we do end up going it will be the week after he turns 1 so I am not sure if we would test to see if he still has the allergy until after we get back. Which finally brings me to my question. Did you find it hard to have food for your son to eat? I am constantly worried he wont have food to eat. I make all of his food at home. I just wouldnt want him to get sick on board.

Hi there! Loved your review! I am debating on taking my son on his first cruise next month. But I have been hesitant about it because he also has a milk protein intolerance. If we do end up going it will be the week after he turns 1 so I am not sure if we would test to see if he still has the allergy until after we get back. Which finally brings me to my question. Did you find it hard to have food for your son to eat? I am constantly worried he wont have food to eat. I make all of his food at home. I just wouldn't want him to get sick on board.

My son is an eater. So we had no problem getting veggies every night at dinner time for him to munch on. We specifically asked for no salt or butter on any of the food we ordered for him. We brought some organic baby food pouches but he started to reject all purees at that point! I also brought some teething snacks for him on the trip that didn't get used very much either.

I'm not a doctor but I'd keep him on whichever formula he is currently on until after the trip. Delaying the switch by a week is nothing in the grand scheme of things!

I was worried about bringing him on a cruise... I'm taking him in May and October, so it wasn't so scary after all!

Do you have any more pictures of around the ship? Thanks in advance! Loved the review!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I have a few that I can upload at some point. Unfortunately/fortunately as a new parent my camera seems to focus on my son more than anything! I tried my best to get in the experience and things I thought people might like to know about baby-travel. Then the food once we found out about the new menus.

I caught this link in another Glory thread, so glad I did. We are expecting so sometime in the not so distant future I hope to be travelling with a young child as well so I really enjoyed the tips and stroller review. I will definitely remember the inflatable tub.

Your son is so adorable.

So here is some history. I have been to Grand Cayman twice before this trip. Both times we had a horrible experience.

The first time was when my husband and I got engaged in 2008. We didn't know what to do in this port so we decided to walk around and maybe just grab a bite to eat. We had settled on the Hard Rock because we knew it from back home. We had some waters and nachos. Thats it! For whatever reason, maybe we didnt pay attention to exchange rates or something, but when we got the bill it came to $50 before tip! The nachos were good, but not $50 good! Shame on us for not doing our research!

I'm sorry but I had to laugh. DH and I stopped in Grand Caymen in 2009. We did an outside excursion to Stingray City (loved it) and stopped at 7 Mile Beach on the way back. After the beach we wandered around downtown. I noticed a lot of people had this huge plastic drink glasses from Señor Frogs. We stopped in to check it out. After making sure that we were allowed to actually take liquor outside and checking the menu, we ordered one each. The drinks were huge and there was several shots of liquor in it. After the drinks were made, my husband paid the bartender. When he was done, he turned to me and said "do you know how much those drinks were". I said "yes", he said "no, really, do you know how much they were?". Turns out we had a) looked at the wrong drink size on the menu. The drinks were more than we thought to start with. We also b) didn't realize it was in CI$, which is worth more than USD. Turns out our drinks cost us $50 USD (and we are Canadian, so even more in CAD!). LOL.

We did get to keep the cups and I had a good buzz by the time I was done.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry if you mentioned this and I missed it, but how did the pack and play fit in your cabin? You were in a normal balcony right? I know some ships have cribs but it looks like they brought you a pack n play so we're considering just bringing our own.

I caught this link in another Glory thread, so glad I did. We are expecting so sometime in the not so distant future I hope to be travelling with a young child as well so I really enjoyed the tips and stroller review. I will definitely remember the inflatable tub.

Your son is so adorable.

I'm sorry but I had to laugh. DH and I stopped in Grand Caymen in 2009. We did an outside excursion to Stingray City (loved it) and stopped at 7 Mile Beach on the way back. After the beach we wandered around downtown. I noticed a lot of people had this huge plastic drink glasses from Señor Frogs. We stopped in to check it out. After making sure that we were allowed to actually take liquor outside and checking the menu, we ordered one each. The drinks were huge and there was several shots of liquor in it. After the drinks were made, my husband paid the bartender. When he was done, he turned to me and said "do you know how much those drinks were". I said "yes", he said "no, really, do you know how much they were?". Turns out we had a) looked at the wrong drink size on the menu. The drinks were more than we thought to start with. We also b) didn't realize it was in CI$, which is worth more than USD. Turns out our drinks cost us $50 USD (and we are Canadian, so even more in CAD!). LOL.

We did get to keep the cups and I had a good buzz by the time I was done.

Omg..I hope you had a buzz after spending $50. :eek: When we were in Cabo the bill came in pesos so was some ridiculously high number, but all was good after our credit card bill came. ;)