Letter from Adventure Of the Seas Concierge

JimAOk1945

I'm kind of excited about this and wanted to share it with you. Although we have cruised in suites before, this is the first time we have ever received a welcome letter from a concierge.

How does this work? Is it up to the concierge or is it only done only on certain ships?

Have any of you received a welcome letter from a concierge? If so, which ship were you on?

Have you ever sent the concierge an email with requests? Thanks for your reply!

Yes and they have been handled, from reservations to Chops or Portofinos, or a Cabanna at Labadee, they have always responded promptly and provided what we requested.

Have you ever sent the concierge an email with requests? Thanks for your reply!

We did. We sent an email to the concierge about two to three weeks before our cruise. We wanted to know how many children would be on board in our son' s

age group - he was three, and we were curious to see if there would be other kids his age. The concierge answered promptly that he would find out from AO manager as soon as the ship received the final tallies from corporate. About a week before our cruise he sent us a follow-up email with the numbers.

I'm kind of excited about this and wanted to share it with you. Although we have cruised in suites before, this is the first time we have ever received a welcome letter from a concierge.

How does this work? Is it up to the concierge or is it only done only on certain ships?

Have any of you received a welcome letter from a concierge? If so, which ship were you on?

half the time we have gotten an email, the other half we have not.. and we had the same concierge and the same ship multiple times. if you have any questions or requests, by all means email them and they will almost certainly reply.

This is certainly a mystery. I guess there is no consistency. As a suite guest, I think it would be nice if I would get a letter from the concierge each time I sail. But it's not a deal breaker. I will definitely send her a reply with a few questions.

Hi

On my first cruise on Allure in a GS I got a welcome email. On my 2nd Allure cruise, same Concierge staff, no email. However, once on board the 2nd cruise I seemed inundated with calls and messages from them whereas this did not happen on the first cruise!

Not entirely related but I received a bottle of champagne and thank you note from the Hotel Director on my 3rd cruise after meeting him 4 days earlier at the welcome back party and telling him that it was my 3rd cruise on Allure in 10 months and my birthday that week - thought it was a lovely touch :)

Jo :)

Hi

On my first cruise on Allure in a GS I got a welcome email. On my 2nd Allure cruise, same Concierge staff, no email. However, once on board the 2nd cruise I seemed inundated with calls and messages from them whereas this did not happen on the first cruise!

Not entirely related but I received a bottle of champagne and thank you note from the Hotel Director on my 3rd cruise after meeting him 4 days earlier at the welcome back party and telling him that it was my 3rd cruise on Allure in 10 months and my birthday that week - thought it was a lovely touch :)

That was a very nice gesture!

That was a very nice gesture!

I thought so too. Concierge might not always be consistent but sometimes you can be surprised at the little touches that others go to, just to make your cruise a little more special :) Considering the 6000+ people on board, that gesture made me feel like I wasn't just another number :)

I thought so too. Concierge might not always be consistent but sometimes you can be surprised at the little touches that others go to, just to make your cruise a little more special :) Considering the 6000+ people on board, that gesture made me feel like I wasn't just another number :)

It is the little things that RCCL seem to do very well and the big things always fall into place. Makes us go back to RCCL time and again

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.

Don

There is inconsistency, but part of it depends on how many people the concierge is needing to tend to. Sucel is the concierge on the Adventure and she is terrific! She is sweet, kind and willing to help any way she can. We found a life long friend with her. Enjoy your Adventure cruise! It will be even betterbecause of Sucel!

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

It is the little things that RCCL seem to do very well and the big things always fall into place. Makes us go back to RCCL time and again

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.

Don

I quite agree. Couldn't agree more.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

There is inconsistency, but part of it depends on how many people the concierge is needing to tend to. Sucel is the concierge on the Adventure and she is terrific! She is sweet, kind and willing to help any way she can. We found a life long friend with her. Enjoy your Adventure cruise! It will be even betterbecause of Sucel!

Thanks for your comments. It's great to know we will be in such capable hands!

Not same thing but on last cruise I always stopped to talk to a lady at customer service, after one stop she asked what we had done and i said we went in town and hubby bought me a beautiful ring , she wanted to send us a treat but i said no . Well she checked every female onboard until she found me and send a nice gift to our cabin . That is going above and beyond ! On the card she wrote , I FOUND YOU !

Absolutely agree with all of this! Sucel is marvelous! I also believe the inconsistency depends on how many folks they are working with /preparing for each cruise.