Off Marina Nov 20 Comments

jertom

I had an idea to post a lot of detailed comments, since this was our first cruise on Oceania after only cruising on NCL.

But we have another Oceania cruise coming up January 6 on Regatta, so I thought I would wait on some more specific comments until after that.

Anyway, for what it is worth, here are the great things that stood out from our November cruise:

The low noise levels.

The uncrowded feeling.

The absence of photographers.

The passengers.

The bread.

The croissants.

The art and furnishings.

The beds.

I hope this strikes a chord for some of you.

We really enjoyed meeting a lot of nice people on the cruise.

Tom and Jerie

It does indeed strike a chord, at least for us.

We did an NCL cruise (on the DREAM, no longer in the fleet) when Ren went bankrupt, back in Jan '02. Then we did another one, a TA leaving from NYC (where we leave) to Venice in 2010 and while we enjoyed it, it didn't compare to our Oceania experiences.

So we have a family debate ...my husband loves the cheaper prices on NCL and if you're in a higher cabin, you get treated better ... while I prefer Oceania, no question. I suppose it will depend on the itinerary in the future.

I really hate the paint jobs on the NCL ships ... not that I expect them to change them because *I* don't like them!

Welcome to the clan. I await your future review.

Mura

What about the food everyone seems to rave about ??

No comments ;)

Ice cream, milk shakes, lamb chops, sticky buns

you can see where my priorities are

Edited by LHT28

It does indeed strike a chord, at least for us.

We did an NCL cruise (on the DREAM, no longer in the fleet) when Ren went bankrupt, back in Jan '02. Then we did another one, a TA leaving from NYC (where we leave) to Venice in 2010 and while we enjoyed it, it didn't compare to our Oceania experiences.

So we have a family debate ...my husband loves the cheaper prices on NCL and if you're in a higher cabin, you get treated better ... while I prefer Oceania, no question. I suppose it will depend on the itinerary in the future.

I really hate the paint jobs on the NCL ships ... not that I expect them to change them because *I* don't like them!

Welcome to the clan. I await your future review.

Mura

Hi Mura,

Thanks for the comments. What a coincidence, our first ocean cruise was on the Dream in May 2002 in the Baltic. The funnel folded down to go thru the Kiel Canal. A great cruise.

We have enjoyed NCL but have some debate like in your family. Jerie still likes NCL and I like O, but we will wait till our January cruise for further opinions.

As you say, the itinerary can be the decider.

Tom

What about the food everyone seems to rave about ??

No comments ;)

Ice cream, milk shakes, lamb chops, sticky buns

you can see where my priorities are

Sorry !

Beyond the perfection of the bread and the croissants, the food is so good that I don't know where to start. We didn't even have a chance to try everything that looked good. So I wanted to wait for the next cruise to try more things and to make more informed comments.

Sorry !

Beyond the perfection of the bread and the croissants, the food is so good that I don't know where to start. We didn't even have a chance to try everything that looked good. So I wanted to wait for the next cruise to try more things and to make more informed comments.

I was just kidding usually people rave about the food :D

Enjoy the Regatta cruise ..it is a bit different experience that the O class ships

Still a good one though

Lyn