Root Beer Floats

sea_u_onboard

Yes! We love root beer and have been able to get it on our last few cruises. Usually it is only in cans. I always buy one soda sticker for my son so I am just relating his experience. On one cruise, since they didn't have RB from the fountain or gun as some refer to it, he was given a can at no additional charge. On the other two he was charged extra because it was not from the fountain. The cruise that the bartenders gave him the can was a long one where all the guys knew him and there were very few kids on board. I am not sure if that impacted how he was treated, but I suspect that was the case.

Barq's is the brand of root beer they have.

Also, the cans of root beer are available under the Ultimate (mocktails) sticker package, while the other soda available on this plan comes from the bar/fountain gun, rather than from cans.

Where would you get a root beer float? Its one of my favorites. :o

This is what I've done... go to the bar and ask for an empty glass. Fill it with the ice cream (soft serve works but scoop ice cream is better) then grab your root beer and pour it into your ice cream. It's a self creation but an enjoyable one.