Yes there is a Santa Claus

Kokomo_Man

Thank you all for your very kind comments. I've just gotten back to my daughter's house.

I've got pics I'll be posting soon, and I think video stuff. I'll be posting it soon. You won't believe what the elementary school did!

If you want to find me most often on the Sunshine during sea days, I usually spend time with my laptop in the Red Frog Pub writing about the goings on. I go there after sail-away too to write about stuff.

Bob

Searching for Kokomo

Bob

I'm an Army mom who missed a couple years of time from my son (Afghanistan & Iraq) so I can so appreciate your blog and pictures.

Please extend our thanks for not only your soldiers service, but to his wife and children who kept those home fires burning while he was away.

I am so happy that he is home safe, and in time to be with his family for the holidays. We have many memories of tea parties and lego building via Skype, but nothing can replace the real life hugs we saw in your pictures.

Edited by Rob&Bonnie

I just read your blog and I must say you made me cry, we ourselves have had "santa" visits but nothing that will compare to yours this year.

I am the mother of a soldier, a sister to a couple of soldiers and a daughter to a retired soldier and I just want to say thank you to your SIL and Welcome Home! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Loved your blog!...but I think (generally) it was more about your determination than Santa and that's a great thing:) You've created great memories and experiences for your family, you should be very proud of that!! Have a great Christmas.

I would be remiss if I didn't say that we should remember all our men and women serving around the world that Santa couldn't bring home. Keep them in your thoughts through the holiday season.

And... when you see a service person in uniform, shake their hand and say thank you.

Bob

Searching for Kokomo

Loved reading your blog entry. Brought tears to my eyes! My ex-husband is currently in Kuwait and our son has asked numerous times if he would be back for Christmas. Unfortunately he won't as he just left for a year tour but I'm so happy for your family and those kids! What an amazing Christmas gift. I am one who still believes. Enjoy your cruise!!

YES !!!! There really is a SANTA....thank you for sharing.

Please tell your family (and anyone else that is serving in the military)

THANK YOU!!!! for your service to our country...

may everyone have a wonderful Christmas and that Santa is able to fulfill their wishes...

Cathy

Bob, thank you for sharing your story. I'm a Navy Mom, and it's our first Christmas without DS being home since - well, since he was born. We're hoping for Skype time on Wednesday. Merry Christmas, and many thanks to your son-in-law for his service - and your daughter for her support of him.

Bob, thank you for sharing your story. I'm a Navy Mom, and it's our first Christmas without DS being home since - well, since he was born. We're hoping for Skype time on Wednesday. Merry Christmas, and many thanks to your son-in-law for his service - and your daughter for her support of him.

This will be us next year. We got our son home from the Middle East in September. He leaves again in July for another overseas deployment. My heart aches for you and others that don't have their loved ones home. I will give mine an extra squeeze in thoughts of all of you without your babies or spouses.

That was truly amazing! My wish is that every little child could believe that Santa is real and they will get what they want! I have spent way too much time reading a lot of sad, sad stories of people whose children's Christmas will not turn out like that. But I do believe that your story is one of the most precious ones I've ever read. P. S. My eyes were leaking as I read it.