What's Up Blue and Gold ?

mysusie45

Husband and I have never sailed Princess before. Are currently booked for cruise in May. Captain's Circle is blue for husband and gold for me. Blue isn't even mentioned on Captain's circle web page. So what's up? We're confused but not concerned. Thanks for any information.

Hi,

Blue indicates first time cruisers on Princess. I guess you might have cruised on P&O before which would make you Gold or previous cruiser. Must be hubby's first cruise on either P & O or Princess. Nothing to worry about - won't stop you getting on and having a great time:)!!

Ted

The only real perk (and not much at that) of being gold is an invitation to the repeat passenger cocktail party.

For someone who has never been to the cocktail party it might be fun once. We enjoyed going the first few years we started cruising. Not so much any more. :)

Cocktail party? Maybe it depends on the ship but our Gold invitation was a meeting in the Princess Theater to watch a promo video, a couple "raffle-type" offerings, and then a card is offered as you leave the theater that offers a free cocktail of your choice on the ship.

Cocktail party? Maybe it depends on the ship but our Gold invitation was a meeting in the Princess Theater to watch a promo video, a couple "raffle-type" offerings, and then a card is offered as you leave the theater that offers a free cocktail of your choice on the ship.

Because of the large number of returning passengers, Princess now offers the gold/ruby passengers the type of getogether you had on many voyages. If there are a lessor number of returning passengers, then the gold/ruby passengers get invited to the same receptions that platinum/elite passengers go to on all cruises.

Husband and I have never sailed Princess before. Are currently booked for cruise in May. Captain's Circle is blue for husband and gold for me. Blue isn't even mentioned on Captain's circle web page. So what's up? We're confused but not concerned. Thanks for any information.

Not a big deal .