Petrified - Royal Carribean

Traveler559

Dear People,

Petrified is the word I would use at this point in time.

This is my second cruise - my last cruise was about 10+ years ago or more.

The ship that I am traveling on is the "Quantum of the seas" leaving 1st December from NYC

Why am I petrified? I think its going to be completely lowsy :(

when i was doing my initial research for a cruise I came across "oasis class" of ship and that looked really awesome

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/findacruise/ships/home.do?cS=NAVBAR

but when i realised that I had booked into the Quantum, I feel i have made a big big mistake..

From what I can tell the quantum is a smaller ship, with only half the facilities, only 1 wave rider, a crappy ball on the end of a crane, no carosel, no board walk, crappy wall projector screens, three squatty pools

I am also fearful that the cruise will charge me extras for stuff like the wave rider, the fake sky diving etc

on top of that it is extremely expensive :( i mean to get from Australia it will cost me an extra $4K(for flights) on top of the $5K(cruise costs) i will be spending on...then they are demanding gratuities, and I got a crap cabin stuck at the back of the ship on a deck....

Would someone please be able to shed a glimmer of hope?

Thanks heaps in advance for responses.

Regards

Traveler

PS sorry if this post sticks of negativity

You may want to post this on the Royal Caribbean board.

With that said, I think they are still building Quantum. As I don't sail RCL, I can't comment on the ship itself. I know I personally have no desire to sail either Oasis or Allure. Way too big for me.

Mr/Ms 1025Cruise

Thank you for the response, I do not know how to move it to that spot - perhaps an administrator would be able to help me with your suggestion

I placed this thread here simple because I am brand new to he community and - in all essence brand new to cruising and wished to be polite and post in the correct spot.

I will continue to monitor this thread for responses

Dear People,

Petrified is the word I would use at this point in time.

This is my second cruise - my last cruise was about 10+ years ago or more.

The ship that I am traveling on is the "Quantum of the seas" leaving 1st December from NYC

Why am I petrified? I think its going to be completely lowsy :(

when i was doing my initial research for a cruise I came across "oasis class" of ship and that looked really awesome

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/findacruise/ships/home.do?cS=NAVBAR

but when i realised that I had booked into the Quantum, I feel i have made a big big mistake..

From what I can tell the quantum is a smaller ship, with only half the facilities, only 1 wave rider, a crappy ball on the end of a crane, no carosel, no board walk, crappy wall projector screens, three squatty pools

I am also fearful that the cruise will charge me extras for stuff like the wave rider, the fake sky diving etc

on top of that it is extremely expensive :( i mean to get from Australia it will cost me an extra $4K(for flights) on top of the $5K(cruise costs) i will be spending on...then they are demanding gratuities, and I got a crap cabin stuck at the back of the ship on a deck....

Would someone please be able to shed a glimmer of hope?

Thanks heaps in advance for responses.

Regards

Traveler

PS sorry if this post sticks of negativity

Since you say you are sailing December 1st I do hope you mean in 2014 or you have literally missed the boat.

Did you book through a travel agent directly with RCI? Since you are this far out you should be able to rebook and transfer your deposit to a ship with more amenities.

I do question what attracted you to Quantum in the first place. All you have to say about it now is crap, crap, and crap. Suppose you rebook and later find nothing but fault with the second ship?

Sir or Madam BlueRiband

Thank you for your response.

My apologies, yes 2014-12-01 is my departure date

I booked directly through Royal Carribean

What attracted me to the Quantum was this, "lack of information" the information on the official website (which has a broken menu).

Being brand new to cruising I thought that all the ships had all the same amenities, there was no difference between ship classes, with that said - what really attracted me to the ship was that it will be brand spanking new, and that all the amenities on the oasis class would be on the new ship as well as some extra stuff

I cannot rebook because the flights are already locked in, and accommodation paid for, it would cost me more now to change everything.

Im not saying "Crap crap crap" im just saying - for a brand new ship compared to an old one, it looks, second rate (smaller ship, fewer things to do etc), and I have some serious fears about it...

and I am hoping that someone who has been on Royal carribean could share a light at the end of the tunnel - and hopefully relieve my fears a little..

The Royal Caribbean board is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php

As the Quantum has not even had a passenger on it, it is very difficult to know just how the ship will be. But I would be seriously surprised if Quantum is somehow inferior to Oasis or Allure. That would be a very odd decrease in quality in a new ship.

No disrespect intended, but you seem to have gotten yourself into a rut of doubt, for no real reason. New ships will have new things.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Mr CruiserBruce

Am I able to move the post or will a moderator help me with this?

That is the only thing that is saving me from complete panic - is that the ship will be brand new.

That is fair enough comment, perhaps only knowing a small amount about the ship is not helping either

I cannot even get a night schedule for the ship so that I know what to bring.

Mr CruiserBruce

Am I able to move the post or will a moderator help me with this?

That is the only thing that is saving me from complete panic - is that the ship will be brand new.

That is fair enough comment, perhaps only knowing a small amount about the ship is not helping either

I cannot even get a night schedule for the ship so that I know what to bring.

Just click on the link I provided, which will take you over there, and start doing some reading. There is mountains of info over there, including the general evening schedule for entertainment.

Traveler, click on the link I will provide below; it will take you directly to the Quantum board where people are only discussing this new ship. Read through the threads and re-post if you want.. but I think once you see the excitement about this new ship your fears will be quelled. :)

Best to you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=872 <---click here for Quantum

I will no longer monitor this thread

and have started a duplicate thread here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41030404#post41030404

I will monitor this new thread in the link above from now on.

May I please request that no-one adds to this thread so this last post remains the link to the continuing conversation

Thank you all