Elite benefit question

waterbug123

I could swear that in the past, one of the elite benefits was a complimentary specialty dining voucher. I recall getting two of these on our last cruise, one for being elite and one for being in a sky suite. However, I don't see it on the list of elite benefits. Am I mistaken, and we got it for something else? Or was that actually a benefit that was dropped? It's not a big deal, just trying to decide whether to get the 4 night or 5 night dining package for our next cruise. (have already booked and prepaid for 1, and will get one free since in a Sky suite. That leaves 5 nights, or 4 if I remember correctly about a voucher for elite.)

There was never a specialty dining perk for elite - at least not as far back as I remember. Suites (aside from on Century and Xpedition) do receive 1-2 free specialty dinners per cruise (depends on length of cruise whether 1 or 2).

Has never been a benefit associated with having attained Elite status in Captain's Club and, even with the recent changes, is still not a benefit at Elite level... Those who now have Elite + status do get a specialty dining discount and those who now have Zenith status do--I believe--get some sort of complimentary specialty dining consideration...

Complimentary specialty dining has been offered to those sailing in suites [with the level of benefit varying--I believe--by level of suite and/or length of sailing]... You may want to check out the specifics appropriate to you at Celebrity's website...

There was never a specialty dining perk for elite - at least not as far back as I remember. Suites (aside from on Century and Xpedition) do receive 1-2 free specialty dinners per cruise (depends on length of cruise whether 1 or 2).

It was a 7 night cruise, so the 2nd dining perk we got wasn't for being in a suite, which would have required 8+ nights. Darn, just wish I could remember why we got that 2nd one if it wasn't an elite thing. :confused:

I could swear that in the past, one of the elite benefits was a complimentary specialty dining voucher.

One of the benefits was a free specialty coffee when dining in a specialty restaurant on board.

There has never been a complimentary dining voucher for being elite.

Now if you were the top cruiser you would not get a voucher but a complimentary meal there.

It was a 7 night cruise, so the 2nd dining perk we got wasn't for being in a suite, which would have required 8+ nights. Darn, just wish I could remember why we got that 2nd one if it wasn't an elite thing. :confused:

We just returned from Silhouette, and although there was no voucher for specialty dining, the specialty restaurants were trying to get business throughout the cruise with buy one get one half off sales. You may be getting Celebrity confused with Royal Caribbean. RC does have bogo coupon for the first night on D+ benefits.

Edited by cruising grandma

We just returned from Silhouette, and although there was no voucher for specialty dining, the specialty restaurants were trying to get business throughout the cruise with buy one get one half off sales. You may be getting Celebrity confused with Royal Caribbean. RC does have bogo coupon for the first night on D+ benefits.

Nope, it was not Royal, it was Reflection last Feb.

Did you use a travel agent? Some travel agents give vouchers for specialty meals as a perk.

Nope, wasn't a TA perk either.

Oh well, as I said it's puzzling, but it really doesn't matter.

One of the benefits was a free specialty coffee when dining in a specialty restaurant on board.

There has never been a complimentary dining voucher for being elite.

Now if you were the top cruiser you would not get a voucher but a complimentary meal there.

Well, I said "voucher" but that was just a word. I don't know whether it's most properly called a voucher, a coupon, an invitation or what. I just know we had 2 included in the "mail" in our cabin... one that referenced it being given as a sky suite perk and the other I apparently remembered incorrectly as being an elite thing. And since we only had 1 Celebrity cruise under our belts at the time, I don't think we were the top cruisers, LOL. :D

I guess it will remain a mystery!

One other possibility - was one for the first night only? Sometimes suites guests receive a freebie in the specialties on the first night of the cruise if the restaurants are not booked up - though more often this is allotted to the larger suites versus Sky Suites.

Did you have an Amex Platinum at the time, and book with the Cruise Privileges Program?

• 1 month later...
Did you have an Amex Platinum at the time, and book with the Cruise Privileges Program?

Yes, that was it!! I guess I never saw your reply previously, but then the other day I was looking at Amex stuff for an upcoming cruise and realized that's what the 2nd dining voucher was from. Mystery solved! :D