Our very 1st Cruise and Vacation - Miami/Conquest/Orlando with pics

Orpheo

Great review so far! You were so brave going to Walmart on Black Friday. :eek: Also you have me googling Suriname to learn more about your country. Looking forward to reading about the rest of your first cruise. :)

Thank you so much! I always enjoy reading your reviews also. And thanks, yes, Suriname is a very beautiful country!

I just found your review and am really enjoying reading and your beautiful pictures. I don't know when will get an opportunity to cruise again so I'm getting my "cruise fix" by reading reviews. I love reading reviews of all itineraries so I can get ideas of possible future cruises I'd like to go on. Believe it or not I've heard of Suriname and actually know where it is! :) I'm looking forward to the rest of your review and thank you for taking the time to do it.

Your welcome! It's always great to hear that Suriname is known. It's a small and not so very popular country in South-America. It's the only Dutch speaking country in S-A. Keep on reading, that's how I got all the info I needed.

Hello, thank you for the review. I also like reading all reviews, but especially Conquest, as I am booked in October 2014. You appear to be having a lot of fun up to this point! Hope the rest of your trip was a blast. Am looking forward to reading all about it.

I also am a very curious type of person and am going to google Suriname to learn more. Maybe someday I will visit there! :)

Your welcome! We are a very 'touristy' type of country, lots and lots to do here! We loved the Conquest for a first ship. Lets see when our next cruise will be now....mmmm ;)

Marrie, I love the New Years picture. I'm from New York....you have a small scale version if what goes on in Times Square!

I'm waiting to eat dinner and your pics were making me starved.

What construction were they doing on the water slide? That had better be open when I go Sunday. Hubby will not be happy if it is closed!

H, Bragstarr....I think you already are on the Conquest. I didn't really know what kind of construction they were doing. Maybe it was said, but we didn't hear that. And yes, as I heard from some people on the ship, it would be open on the day we disembarked, that was on the 8th of Dec '13.

I too am enjoying your review. I am been fascinated with Suriname ever since I learned of it. What would be a good time to visit your country?

Thank you!

December!!! Believe me, a lot of people, mostly from the Caribbean and Holland, especially come to Suriname just for spending 31st december here. It's a blast!

Bummer, your review is so popular :), can't see your pics anymore. :(

Yes, I saw that too...:(. I don't know what happened. I've been checking it everyday since. But yesterday I could see the pictures again. I'm just a member on photobucket and I will have to upgrade, so I've already did that.

Internet

DSCF0816_zpsd4ea3b26.jpg

DSCF0551_zps347ecb01.jpg

DSCF0748_zpsa68efa0d.jpg

Lido pool

DSCF0395_zpsd8cf2f4f.jpg

I think that this is a picture of our first Sea Day...hmmm. They were playing a game where the players would have to get car keys and find a bald man...it was very funny. The first player who 'brought' the keys and ....bald man first, was the winner...

DSCF0334_zps84e756f1.jpg

We went to the Fun Shops and bought 2 t-shirts "Keep Calm and Cruise on'

DSCF0325_zps4889b33e.jpg

Next: Day 2 Sea Day ; Continued

DSCF0322_zps75a551de.jpg

DSCF0321_zps91d64217.jpg

We had something to eat from the Comfort Kitchen...sorry forgot to snap any pictures.

That we went to our room to iron some of our clothes. Tonight was 'Elegenat Night', and all of our stuff were mixed in our luggage.

After ironing we went to the Basketball/Golf section

Around 2.30 or something we saw a big black cloud of smoke coming out of the whale tale. It seemed that the ship was slowing down or something, I don't really know. It felt like that to me. And then the announcement came from Gary, saying that they were having some technical problems. Some lights went out and some of the elevators weren't working also.

DSCF0336_zps5b08238f.jpg?t=1389556645

DSCF0343_zps972d9613.jpg?t=1389556759

DSCF0346_zps66a3b0fc.jpg?t=1389556878

We were both kind of tired and a little hungry to, so we ate something and went to our room.

Next : First Elegant Night

December 2nd - Cruise Elegant

Before heading to dinner I couldn't help my self to snap this one....so gorgeous

DSCF0362_zps97c0d9b9.jpg

Okey now, tonight we were putting on extra parfume..some extra lipstick...a lot more bodylotion and powder, it's 'Cruise Elegant'. Sorry sorry sorry, I got carried away a little :D

This dinner was very special for me and Tino. At home we don't get too much time to dress up and go eat in a fancy restaurant or something. Mostly we bring something home and prepare that and that's just it. So, tonight was very special (actually, every night we ate at the MDR was special!).

Sorry, I have no picture of us....the pictures we made of us are so blurry...not worth the post...

For starter I had the Fried Vegetable Spring Rolls.

These were so delicious! So worth the try...

DSCF0369_zps9ce940d9.jpg

Tino had the Escargots - he ate some of it before taking the picture

DSCF0376_zpsa7987f50.jpg

For the main we both had the Broiled Lobster Tail and Black Tiger Shrimp

DSCF0377_zps093cc51d.jpg

We both don't eat a lot. But I think the assistant waiter Arnel isn't used to this, so he just brought one more plate of lobster for Tino! hahaha

Next : First Elegant Night : Continued

Tonight we both had dessert

I took the...yes: Warm melting chocolate cake - no icecream (no Mickey!)

I'm not crazy about icecream...

DSCF0378_zpsf17bb752.jpg

Tino had the Fruit Plate

DSCF0379_zps99fc2901.jpg

Ofcourse we also bought a glass of white wine.

After dessert the MDR staff had something very special for us. They all sang 'Amore' for us. The lights went out and all the staff were holding a small lighter or so in their hand. It was very beautiful...

Here's a blurry pic

DSCF0382_zps433d4bf8.jpg

After dinner we went to the Punchliner Comedy Club. There we stood a little bit and listened to Derrick Eason. Very funny!!

After that we went to our room and changed in some more comfortable clothes (shoes too!) and went to the 70's Disco that started at 10.00 p.m.

Oh my God!! That was amazing....me and Tino danced like for almost 3 hours. We really enjoyed a lot! I'm sorry that we didn't take any pictures of that night, but we just forgot to take the camera along. But man, we danced and danced...

There was this 'Micheal Jackson' mimic and I thought that he was really good...

Next : Cozumel, Mexico

I love folks stories on their first cruise and first big vacations...you are giving us such a nice review..so glad you had a good trip here and on your cruise and that ii was so special...thanks for sharing and doing the work..take your time..sarah

I forgot to post our friend from Sea Day 1

DSCF0556_zps79ec92c8.jpg

At around 6 - 6.30 we woke up. We had breakfast at Comfort Kitchen.

I think that the ship docked a around 7.45 a.m. or so

What I had for breakfast...yeah yeah I know...am I a pigeon or something?? Sorry, I really can't eat much at one time...

DSCF0393_zps46267e0c.jpg

Tino's breakfast

DSCF0394_zpsd5817cc5.jpg

At around 8.45-9 we were off the ship.

DSCF0399_zpse2f6dd51.jpg

DSCF0527_zps77526b1d.jpg

As we walked off the pier there were a lot of guides offering trips to activities around Cozumel. Tino met a young couple (Conquest too) from Columbia and the guy (can't remember his name) asked Tino if he wanted to take an island tour together with his wife. He seemed to know these things, because the way he talked to the guides was great. As he was talking to a lady guide, she said that for $ 25,- per person she could show us a lot of Mexico. A couple, late 50's (from Portugal) maby heared that and came to listen. She lady guide then said, if you are with 6 people the price is $ 20,- per person. An AC vehicle where you can sit comfortable and a guide who speaks English.

The Columbian guy said that it was a good deal, so we took it.

In my opinion it was worth the $ 40,- for both of us. I don't what the local prices are for such tours, but we had a great time.

In my next post you can see all the pictures where we went to.

Next : Cozumel, Mexico - Continued

DSCF0407_zps68bde21d.jpg

The van was very comfortable and the AC was working very well. The guide was very nice and talked in good English. He explained a lot to us during the drive and would stop any where we wanted to, to snap some pictures.

DSCF0414_zpsa0bbec8c.jpg

DSCF0418_zpsb481a27f.jpg

DSCF0493_zps840161a5.jpg

DSCF0477_zpsc4b04c61.jpg

I really liked this sealing. So funny...

DSCF0473_zps84d60977.jpg

Next : Cozomel, Mexico : Continued

DSCF0455_zps9ff86f58.jpg

Yeah, here come some tasting the Tequila!

DSCF0457_zps87a184a1.jpg

Easy on it Tino! Oops...we're not driving...so, oh well

DSCF0460_zpsc1551415.jpg

We learned a lot about Tequila. How it is brewed and all. What I really liked the most about this tour is when the guide gave us a little bit of the Tequila to rub in our hands and then to smell them. Wow! I was very amazed. You didn't smell any liqour or strong ethanol or I don't know what...but that strong smell of liqour, nope, none there.

We then went further...

DSCF0503_zpsa9950378.jpg

Okey now, this is funny. I forgot where we were above in this picture...yah yeah...

But this elderly local man comes at us with a iguana. He says to Tino : 'hold this'. Okey, so Tino holds the iguana and yayyy I'm snapping pictures and all. The man moves the iguana from his hand to his shoulders to his head. Okey, after snapping all those pictures the man says to Tino, give big tip! The iguana must eat. At that time I was looking around so I didn't heared them talking...Tino had 3 dollars I think in his pocket at that moment and he gave that to the man. The man was like no, no, big tip, $ 5,-

Tino, no man, I just have 3 dollars. When Tino told me this, I was like : you're almost a Biologist now and you came all the way to Mexico to pay $ 5,- to hold a iguana. Hahaha

But I think that a lot of people live on these kind of things...so...

DSCF0499_zpsb2220f13.jpg

By that time we were getting hot and asked for a beach...

DSCF0511_zpsd6cad040.jpg

Next : Cozumel, Mexico : Continued

The water was really good. Please, do forgive me, I forgot which beach it was. But it was amazing beach. If someone recognizes this beach, please do fill in...

DSCF0508_zps39f96af6.jpg

We were getting hungry, so we had 2 plates of this delicious meal, a corona beer for Tino and coke for me. It totally came up to $ 18,-

DSCF0517_zps9f7c64e8.jpg

We enjoyed here for almost 2.00 p.m. and then headed back to the ship. Conquest was scheduled to set sail at 5.00 p.m.

We did some shopping at the Pier and took some pictures.

DSCF0401_zps971ea040.jpg

DSCF0528_zps62fcc12d.jpg

DSCF0532_zps4fdbdb64.jpg

Not really a line...

DSCF0538_zpsd1ad6fff.jpg

Next : Cozumel, Mexico : Continued

Back on the ship we went to the Lido deck and I had my "Green Iguana" Blow Fish souvenir cup.

DSCF0546_zps18f67133.jpg

We went to Guest Services to get some change for laundry.

After that we headed to our room. We were so tired, expecially Tino. He was a lot more in the water then me. We didn't go to dinner that night, but instead we watched Pitch Perfect at the Seaside Theater.

After the movie we went to bed early that night

tweede_zps4d29c3f0.jpg?t=1389645241

Next : Belize : dec 4th

For Belize we did the Xunantunich tour with luch through Carnival. I know that this is expensive if you book through Carnival. But as you know, this was our first cruise, so we were kind of afraid to miss the ship.

We woke up around 6.30 and went for breakfast.

At breakfast we saw her sailing by....

DSCF0566_zps432f6c17.jpg

DSCF0565_zps7778fb53.jpg

After that went to the Toulouse and got group no. 27 Red. We were the frist group to go out. Yayy

DSCF0567_zps039220e6.jpg

Hello Captain!

DSCF0572_zpse1c6b09a.jpg

DSCF0568_zpsb6af58ab.jpg

In the bus. Heading to the ruins.

DSCF0585_zps0f31ccd3.jpg

Next : Belize : Continued

Man! It was like...2 hours going and ....2 hours coming back!

I think that it was 1 hour exactly thatwe stayed at the ruins. Tino didn't like this tour very much. He had expected a lot more that just the climb and all. For me, it was fun! I liked the pyramids and all the histroy behind it too.

Our guide was ....oops! I just had his name in my head and now it's gone! Grrrrr,

DSCF0578_zpsdd1abed5.jpg

On the ferry

DSCF0597_zpsc99c2da6.jpg

DSCF0596_zpse2015fcc.jpg

DSCF0595_zpsa5228dbe.jpg

DSCF0602_zpsb42011d3.jpg

DSCF0609_zpsd6feff13.jpg

Next : Belize : Continued

Edited by Orpheo

Lunch, but not before I posed with our guide

DSCF0629_zpsd7a7572f.jpg

Hmmm, Tino, I really have to tech you how to snap those pictures! Hope you all can manage with this

DSCF0641_zps35f061bf.jpg

In my country we also have a rice special similar to this. It is also a creole recipe that has been passed on from generation to generation. We call it "Moksi Alesi'. Freely translated "Mixed rice". It also containes beans and some smoked chicken and black eye peas, but only you can taste the coconut milk a lot stronger. The rice served at this place was also prepared with coconut milk, but we couldn't taste it. Oh well, maybe it was my imagination, because I'm used to the mixed rice in my country.

But we liked it! Especially the hot sause!

After luch, back to the ship it was!

DSCF0647_zps057b9f93.jpg

The she is

DSCF0650_zps69715854.jpg

DSCF0652_zps2211f032.jpg

And again, we didn't went to dinner this night! yes I know we are boring, but Tino didn't wanted to go. We again watched a movie at the seaside theatre: Real Steel. And went to bed early

Did already post this one?? hmmm

DSCF0818_zps3fcba092.jpg

Next : Mahogany Bay, Roatan

We woke up around 5.30. Enjoyed the view from our balcony and then went for breakfast.

DSCF0658_zps08d3b813.jpg

DSCF0663_zpsaef905e3.jpg

Today we did some laundry. After we did some laundry we just walked around a bit. Conquest arrived 7.00 a.m. at Mahogany Bay.

Around 10.45-11 we got off the ship

DSCF0696_zpsf0950e83.jpg

DSCF0670_zps9e3dab64.jpg

DSCF0674_zps531ec44a.jpg

DSCF0683_zps3c0852c8.jpg

Next : Mahogany Bay, Roatan : Continued

I love folks stories on their first cruise and first big vacations...you are giving us such a nice review..so glad you had a good trip here and on your cruise and that ii was so special...thanks for sharing and doing the work..take your time..sarah

Hi sarah, thank you!

Loving your review, Can't wait to do this cruise in November.

Thanks! Enjoy your cruise, you'll love it!