Biodegradable Sunscreen - Question for Canadians

Snowescapee

Just wondering what brands of sunscreen you have used that are biodegradable/accepted in Cozumel? Looking at Green Beaver and want to make sure before I buy enough for 7 people!

Can't see why Cozumel wouldn't accept use of any brand of biodegradable sunscreen. I bought Hawaiian Sport biodegradable at my local drug store for my last cruise. Probably there are other brands that are also acceptable. These days they are main stream and not hard to find.

I haven't looked yet as to what is available in the stores :) I can't use a lot of the "regular" sunscreens due to sensitive skin so I don't want to end up with a mega rash and/or burnt! Going to check out the stores this week. I know GB is all natural though.

From what I've read Cozumel is sticky about sunscreen in the waterparks due to the reefs, marine life, etc (makes sense to me). And sunscreen that is not biodegradable is held until you leave the park.

I might just look for a shirt with SPF...

Edited by Snowescapee

I've had luck finding good quality biodegradable sunscreens at children's consignment shops or specialty shops. Tapatalk doesn't let me see your location, but in Ottawa it would be the Extraordinary Baby Shoppe or similar store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Check out your local MEC store, if you have one. They may have some other choices besides Beaver. But, Beaver is a good one. Be aware that it does leave some white streaking - most of the biodegradables leave some residue.

Thank you for your appreciating the sensitive nature of the reefs and going the extra dollar to help protect them.

I haven't looked yet as to what is available in the stores :) I can't use a lot of the "regular" sunscreens due to sensitive skin so I don't want to end up with a mega rash and/or burnt! Going to check out the stores this week. I know GB is all natural though.

From what I've read Cozumel is sticky about sunscreen in the waterparks due to the reefs, marine life, etc (makes sense to me). And sunscreen that is not biodegradable is held until you leave the park.

I might just look for a shirt with SPF...

I am also fair and have very sensitive skin, and most sunscreens give me rashes when exposed to the sun. This is what I use (and I'm hoping it's acceptable in Cozumel!):

http://www.amazon.com/BurnOut-Eco-Sensitive-Sunscreen-SPF-Size/dp/B001B9RGVU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1388241820&sr=8-2&keywords=burnout+sunscreen

Biodegradable and ocean-safe. It's zinc-based so the protection is very good, and leaves fewer streaks than other ones I've used.