Amazing Experience with the Royal Princess Singers and Dancers

whynotsooner

I am a male competitive dancer here in Canada. The whole 17 hours a week thing! The dancers aboard Royal Princess were the best I`ve ever seen on a ship and rival anything you could see on land. My mom and I attended the Meet the Cast session in Princess Live! on the second seas day and loved listening to some of the signer and dancers talk about themselves and was very interesting to hear their answers to some of the audience questions. One of the dancers parents were on board and it was cute singer her so excited to have them with her. Anyways, the next day in the Piazza they had some of the costumes from the production shows being displayed and a few of the dancers and the company performance manager answering questions. The costumes were beautiful and they use real Swarovski(just like we do with our costumes)and are of a very high quality. I approached the dancer,Lauren,who had her parents on the ship and said the shows were all amazing and that it was coming from a dancer. She was sooooo pleased and gave me a huge hug and we had a chat and she asked me if I wanted to me a cruise dancer and I said ``OF COURSE!`` and then she took me by the hand and led me to her boss, Elenor(who is the company performance manager but is a dancer in a of the shows)and she asked me if I was going to see Spectacular that night and if so at what time. I said I defiantly be going to the 8:30 show and they were both very excited to set something up so I could meet the singers and dancers. I left so excited for what the evening would bring and ran in to my new found friend Lauren many times around he ship that day. My mom and I got the show early and said in the first few rows just like Lauren asked so she could see me and enjoyed the show ans she even blew me a few kisses! After the show Sam the Cruise Director came out and grabbed me and we waited for the cast. The cast and I all got up on stage and Sam took a bunch of photos(there were even some funny,crazy photos)and I got the opportunity to congratulation them on a show well done and they offered me many wise words of encouragement. I said thank you to everyone for all they did and was about to leave before being stopped by one of the tech crew telling me they were signing something for me. They handed me a Meet the Cast pamphlet that was signed by the whole cast and had a few word to help keep me going. The Royal Princess singers and dancers were so amazing and it was such a great opportunity. This is a memory I will take with me.

What a wonderful post! Our son is a musician on Princess-works with lots of the dancers (but not on the Royal)-so I'll be sure he'll try to pass along your comments to Lauren and Elenor. You never know how you'll impact someone in the audience at a Meet and Greet. BTW, Princess has a reputation as treating their staff and crew the nicest of any major cruise line. Maybe that translates to the staff and crew being pretty enthusiastic about their jobs most of the time.

I am a male competitive dancer here in Canada. The whole 17 hours a week thing! The dancers aboard Royal Princess were the best I`ve ever seen on a ship and rival anything you could see on land. My mom and I attended the Meet the Cast session in Princess Live! on the second seas day and loved listening to some of the signer and dancers talk about themselves and was very interesting to hear their answers to some of the audience questions. One of the dancers parents were on board and it was cute singer her so excited to have them with her. Anyways, the next day in the Piazza they had some of the costumes from the production shows being displayed and a few of the dancers and the company performance manager answering questions. The costumes were beautiful and they use real Swarovski(just like we do with our costumes)and are of a very high quality. I approached the dancer,Lauren,who had her parents on the ship and said the shows were all amazing and that it was coming from a dancer. She was sooooo pleased and gave me a huge hug and we had a chat and she asked me if I wanted to me a cruise dancer and I said ``OF COURSE!`` and then she took me by the hand and led me to her boss, Elenor(who is the company performance manager but is a dancer in a of the shows)and she asked me if I was going to see Spectacular that night and if so at what time. I said I defiantly be going to the 8:30 show and they were both very excited to set something up so I could meet the singers and dancers. I left so excited for what the evening would bring and ran in to my new found friend Lauren many times around he ship that day. My mom and I got the show early and said in the first few rows just like Lauren asked so she could see me and enjoyed the show ans she even blew me a few kisses! After the show Sam the Cruise Director came out and grabbed me and we waited for the cast. The cast and I all got up on stage and Sam took a bunch of photos(there were even some funny,crazy photos)and I got the opportunity to congratulation them on a show well done and they offered me many wise words of encouragement. I said thank you to everyone for all they did and was about to leave before being stopped by one of the tech crew telling me they were signing something for me. They handed me a Meet the Cast pamphlet that was signed by the whole cast and had a few word to help keep me going. The Royal Princess singers and dancers were so amazing and it was such a great opportunity. This is a memory I will take with me.

What a wonderful experience. Are you interested in dancing for princess?

What a lovely experience for you. A friend here has daughters who dance and intend to do professionally. One of the older girls from their dance school just signed up with princess in Asia, so it does happen.

Keep training and just remember when you are dancing on a cruise, & get to meet the audience, what a great story you will have to share :).

whynotsooner, I just messaged our son on the Island Princess as to how to apply to dance for Princess (hopefully, you'll learn that Facebook messaging is the staff member's best friend to communicate on/among ships). I know that on his last ship, his next door neighbor was the Dance Captain (is that Elenor's job?) on the ship, so he may have access to the information. If/when he answers I'll post here.

whynotsooner, I just messaged our son on the Island Princess as to how to apply to dance for Princess (hopefully, you'll learn that Facebook messaging is the staff member's best friend to communicate on/among ships). I know that on his last ship, his next door neighbor was the Dance Captain (is that Elenor's job?) on the ship, so he may have access to the information. If/when he answers I'll post here.

Eleanor is the "Company Performance Manager". That job used to be titled "Line Captain" There is more information on getting a job here: http://www.princess.com/employment/onboard_employment/information/entertainment/info/production_cast_members.html