Britannia Club on Queen Elizabeth

Hoveto

Hi, can anyone tell me what the difference is between dining in the Britannia Club restaurant and the main Britannia restaurant other than the single sitting (extra choices etc?). Also are there any other pluses in booking a Britannia Club stateroom. Thanks.

Britannia class cabins are identical to Britannia Club cabins in terms of size and amenities. Britannia Club cabins are on a higher deck, which I find odd, given that greater motion can be felt on the higher decks.

Britannia Club offers single seating at the same table with the same waiters at all three meals. Some may disagree but, in my opinion, the food is about the same and comes from the same galley.

A full bottle of sparkling wine - whether that can be regarded as a perk is up to you !

There is a small defined a la carte selection at dinner and usually a flambé for desert.

The cabins are on Deck 8 and can be a little noisy from above.

Edited by hattie the cattie

Hi, can anyone tell me what the difference is between dining in the Britannia Club restaurant and the main Britannia restaurant other than the single sitting (extra choices etc?). Also are there any other pluses in booking a Britannia Club stateroom. Thanks.

You get the single time to dine(as in the Grills)The menu is quite similar to Britannia, but there are some Al a Carte items you may order. The attention to detail is much better as the waiters aren't taking care of 15 other tables besides yours. You also have a pillow "menu" to choose from for your bed.

We have recently returned from a cruise on QE, in this grade (Christmas Markets cruise). The cabins are on deck 8, so the highest deck, but as they are midships, it was a comfortable position, although we were not tested by heavy seas, unlike the next cruise! You could hear the footfall from the deck above, which could be more noticeable in the summer. The balcony was the biggest we have had in balcony grade, really roomy. We were given a whole bottle of bubbly and some chocolates. The so called pillow menu was a choice of two, synthetic or feather. The synthetic was lovely and soft, and the pillows were huge to match the bed. We are considering ordering a Cunarder mattress when ours is a little older! The bedding is of a higher quality, so altogether this enhanced our sleep. The steward was also one of the best we have had in over a dozen cruises, so I assume they match the more experienced stewards to the cabin grade?

The restaurant is lovely, and the staff were excellent, soon remembering your little likes and dislikes. It holds about 80 pax, but as we were only numbering 24 on this particular cruise ( only 1700 out of a possible 2000 odd) the service was amazing! There is also an a la carte section to choose from. One of the best points for us was that we could arrive any time as it suited within the opening hours, so tables for two seemed sensible. And to be honest, and especially after having experienced a very "sociable" rail journey holiday the previous month, it was a lovely change just to relax and enjoy our own company for a change! Another bonus was that we could order anything from the menus to be sent up for room service, which we did on two occasions, and it was lovely. The food was also the best we have experienced across Cunard and P&O, whether this was down to being in Club, I couldn't be sure, but rather suspect, although I think the menus were the same, apart from the extra a la carte section, which included steak and flambeed cherries.

These are the only differences. Whether it is worth the extra money, and it is quite a bit, we remain in doubt. Perhaps save the extra and use the alternative dining venues?

. The food was also the best we have experienced across Cunard and P&O, whether this was down to being in Club, I couldn't be sure, but rather suspect, although I think the menus were the same, apart from the extra a la carte section, which included steak and flambeed cherries.

These are the only differences. Whether it is worth the extra money, and it is quite a bit, we remain in doubt. Perhaps save the extra and use the alternative dining venues?

I dined Club in July and then recently in the main restaurant.There was a new executive chef and the food was so much better than last July.I agree save the money and use the alternative dining venues.

I haven't been given a half bottle of bubbles since my first Cunard trip in 2010, only full bottles, mostly in QM2 Deck 5 balconies. Do they even have half bottles any more?

Steak is always an off-the-menu option in plain old Britannia, as is shrimp cocktail.

In Britannia club you're supposed to have access to a "pillow concierge" to get your choice of pillows, and I believe you get the suite terry cloth bathrobes in place of the Britannia waffle weave ones.

Edited by Underwatr

We booked two rooms and were given a free upgrade to the Club on our last sailing. To be honest it was a real blessing and wonderful experience, the food we had was far better than the Britannia on our previous voyages, and the service was outstanding. Never had a good steak in the Britannia yet in the Club they were amazing, miles apart all round. Next time we will happily pay the extra and can highly recommend.

Thank you all for your posts which I found very interesting and informative. The big plus points for us were the single sitting dining and the extra off menu choices.We have booked a Britannia Club cabin on the QE Christmas/New Year cruise and really looking forward to it. Thanks again to all of you who took the trouble to post.

I haven't been given a half bottle of bubbles since my first Cunard trip in 2010, only full bottles, mostly in QM2 Deck 5 balconies. Do they even have half bottles any more?

My apologies, I was going by a 2013 brochure. We've only been in Britannia once & I can't remember what we had but it was definitely a full bottle in the Club room last October.

Does anyone have experience with having noise in the Club Balcony rooms, from either the Pavillion pool area or the Garden Lounge on the deck above?

With all cabins situated below public areas there is a risk of occasional noise from above. This will normally vary day to day and cruise to cruise, footsteps, carts being pushed, chairs and other furniture being moved even things being dropped. One way to avoid this slight risk is to book cabins that aren't below such areas. Unless you spend an inordinate amount of time in your cabin during the day, I would suggest that overhead noise isn't really an issue to worry about.

Does anyone have experience with having noise in the Club Balcony rooms, from either the Pavillion pool area or the Garden Lounge on the deck above?

We were disturbed early a few mornings with noise from the Pavilion pool and our neighbours complained about noise late one night after the "deck party" which had been moved to the Garden Lounge. If you are an early riser it may not be an issue

It was probably the noisiest cabin we have been in as it was also very close to the laundry.

It's not enough to stop me booking club again though.

We have recently returned from a cruise on QE, in this grade (Christmas Markets cruise). The cabins are on deck 8, so the highest deck, but as they are midships, it was a comfortable position, although we were not tested by heavy seas, unlike the next cruise! You could hear the footfall from the deck above, which could be more noticeable in the summer. The balcony was the biggest we have had in balcony grade, really roomy. We were given a whole bottle of bubbly and some chocolates. The so called pillow menu was a choice of two, synthetic or feather. The synthetic was lovely and soft, and the pillows were huge to match the bed. We are considering ordering a Cunarder mattress when ours is a little older! The bedding is of a higher quality, so altogether this enhanced our sleep. The steward was also one of the best we have had in over a dozen cruises, so I assume they match the more experienced stewards to the cabin grade?

The restaurant is lovely, and the staff were excellent, soon remembering your little likes and dislikes. It holds about 80 pax, but as we were only numbering 24 on this particular cruise ( only 1700 out of a possible 2000 odd) the service was amazing! There is also an a la carte section to choose from. One of the best points for us was that we could arrive any time as it suited within the opening hours, so tables for two seemed sensible. And to be honest, and especially after having experienced a very "sociable" rail journey holiday the previous month, it was a lovely change just to relax and enjoy our own company for a change! Another bonus was that we could order anything from the menus to be sent up for room service, which we did on two occasions, and it was lovely. The food was also the best we have experienced across Cunard and P&O, whether this was down to being in Club, I couldn't be sure, but rather suspect, although I think the menus were the same, apart from the extra a la carte section, which included steak and flambeed cherries.

I'm pretty sure the bedding is the same across all cabin grades. On my last voyage I went from Britannia to Queens Grill and couldn't tell the difference in the bedding.

Steak is always an off-the-menu option in plain old Britannia, as is shrimp cocktail.

In Britannia club you're supposed to have access to a "pillow concierge" to get your choice of pillows, and I believe you get the suite terry cloth bathrobes in place of the Britannia waffle weave ones.

In November 2013 (QM2), both full and half bottles of sparkling wine were available from housekeeping.

I'm pretty sure the bedding is the same across all cabin grades. On my last voyage I went from Britannia to Queens Grill and couldn't tell the difference in the bedding.

True. I always found the beds extremely comfortable, whether in Britannia or the Grills. I'd say the bedsize was a bit larger in our Q-6, but comfort was tops no matter what the stateroom. If you don't sleep well in ANY catagory, due to bed quality, well that's a quick way to lose a client!;)