Spoiled

We just returned from a cruise on the Majesty. I knew when I booked it I was taking a chance....

On the other cruises we have taken before, we had balcony cabins. DH & I enjoyed spending some time every day on our balcony - usually at night over a drink & watching the stars.

The only cabins with balconies on Majesty are either Junior Suites or better. DH & I decided to splurge a little and book a GS. We booked our kids, and our parents in Ocean View Cabins a floor below.

Well, now we have a problem. I don't think we can go back to a regular balcony cabin. The Grand Suite really was nice. Besides the cabin & balcony being very large, there were a number of other perks that came with the suite - the usual, but some we didn't know about until we were on board (or tried to disembark).

We didn't have to wait on line to embark. We had a separate line for suite guests. We were on the ship within minutes.

After we got on board, I went to the explorations desk to book cabanas for our family on CocoCay. I knew suite guests had priority, so I wasn't too worried about getting one. We got on board pretty early, and 4 of them were already gone. I don't know if we would have gotten one if we didn't have a suite. It ended up being a moot point anyway - we weren't able to stop at CocoCay due to bad weather. Oh well.

There was a bottle of champagne waiting for us in our room. DH & I don't drink champagne. We asked if it could be exchanged for a bottle of wine. The next day, a bottle of Pinot was delivered to us. I thanked Analia (I don't remember her exact title, but she was in charge of suite guests) and mentioned we would enjoy it on our balcony.

The day we were supposed to go to CocoCay, but ended up at sea, I spoke with Analia and she had several board games delivered to us for our family to enjoy - it was such a nice way to spend some time with all 3 generations (even our 17 and 21 year olds had a good time).

The stateroom attendant was great. Dolly took care of everything beautifully - routine & non-routine. We had a problem on the second night with our shower. I went to shower about 45 minutes before our dinner seating and found that the shower was backed up with icky stuff. Within minutes, Dolly had maintenance in our room to fix the problem. As soon as they left, she came in, cleaned & disinfected the shower & bathroom floor.

My in-laws, who were not in a suite, had a problem with their toilet 3 times and by the time someone showed up hours later, the toilet cleared. in the meantime, they had to run to other floors to use the restroom (they are in their late 70s and early 80s). Not fun.

We got back to our room on the last day after touring Key West and found another bottle of wine with a note for Analia saying "Hope you enjoy this on your balcony!".

One of the best perks came when it was time to disembark. We had an early flight booked and had planned to walk off with our luggage. We all gathered on the 9th floor to head down to leave - it took a little while to get us all on elevators (they were all full), but we finally made it down to deck 4 only to be told to go back up to 5 and get on the end of the line which was not moving at all. Turns out there was a problem with RCCL's system and no one could leave. The first guests were finally able to leave around 8 am, but by then the line was unbelievably long. I was a little concerned we might have a problem with our 11:15 flight.

I thought suite guests had priorty to disembark. I found a rep who said we did have priority and she told us where to go. We were able to get off the ship, get a cab, get to the airport, and get through security (which also had a long line - sadly our suite status did nothing for us at the airport!!!), and wait for our flight by about 9 am.

We spoke to my in-laws, who didn't disembark with us as they driven to the port. They said they line moved VERY slowly. It took them until about 10:30 to get off the ship. I hope no one missed their flights.

Anyway - I don't think I can go back to a non-suite. It really was lovely.

We did a GS once. It was great, however we didn't use most of the perks. We did use the fast line to get on. While the room was beautiful (GS on the FOS ) I felt like it was a bit over kill for just the 2 of us. However my dh didn't think so ...he loved it. If we could get one for a good deal I would do it again. We have a JS booked on Oasis for our next cruise. So far we've done GS , JS , inside, promanade view, and balcony.

I hear you! We've gone from balconies to Junior Suites to full suites, and I absolutely love the experience and the space. We're booked in Aqua Class on Celebrity in May, and I'm really looking forward to BLU, but I'm a little apprehensive about being in a "regular" cabin.

We can't go back! Also we started doing b2b and can't change that "habit" either :). But if you think about it I could have worse habits:). Unfortunately now we are looking at 3 consecutive weeks because 2 weeks go too fast. Suites are great for extended trips! If you can go at off times you can get grand suites for less than regukar balcony at peak times. Enjoy being a forever suite cruiser!

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

Welcome to the club of spoiled cruisers, of which I am a proud member. I book 1/2 & 1/2 balcony rooms & Jr. Suites. but twice was upgraded to a GS, most recently on Allure last May. Sigh... It was Wonderful!

My roommate was a first time cruiser and she loved the CL which she called the "fancy pants lounge" Also reserved seating at the all shows, and a special beach area in Labadee. She is ready to go back and actually PAY for a GS. I loved it but my budget only stretches to a Jr. Suite.

I hear you! We've gone from balconies to Junior Suites to full suites, and I absolutely love the experience and the space. We're booked in Aqua Class on Celebrity in May, and I'm really looking forward to BLU, but I'm a little apprehensive about being in a "regular" cabin.

We were in an aft Aqua cabin on the cruise before this one. The cabin size was fine (not a GS, but fine). We spent most of our time when in the room on the balcony - which was huge! We had one of the new aft cabins on Millie - the one in the center & the balcony was enormous & very private. It was right above the bar & we made friends with the bartenders. All we had to do was lean over the balcony, call down & a few minutes later our drinks arrived at our door! We enjoyed Blu. The food was good & we liked being able to go for dinner whenever we wanted - no set time. We only had to wait once for a very short time. I liked the smaller dining room. Aqua is nice - enjoy!

We were in an aft Aqua cabin on the cruise before this one. The cabin size was fine (not a GS, but fine). We spent most of our time when in the room on the balcony - which was huge! We had one of the new aft cabins on Millie - the one in the center & the balcony was enormous & very private. It was right above the bar & we made friends with the bartenders. All we had to do was lean over the balcony, call down & a few minutes later our drinks arrived at our door! We enjoyed Blu. The food was good & we liked being able to go for dinner whenever we wanted - no set time. We only had to wait once for a very short time. I liked the smaller dining room. Aqua is nice - enjoy!

Which ship is Millie?