Family cruise recommendation for ages 65 down to 4

Birdie1410

My husband and I want to celebrate our 45th anniversary with our kids and grands on a cruise....now to choose which one. Obviously, activities are a great factor as we won't want to tie down the young ones with us boring old folks but also a factor is price. It will be one son and wife's first cruise, also a first for all the grands. Any suggestions?

On a side note-both husband and I have some disabilities for movement but we still want to enjoy the cruise.:)

Our plans are for some time in 2015. :confused:

You will likely want RCI, Carnival or NCL, as you have younger kids. More activities for the young on those cruiselines, while there are plenty of places for the less active, too!

A good travel agent can help you, with more info and brochures!

I'd highly recommend RCCL. We did Allure with a group of 20 ranging in age from 2-72 and everyone had a great time. There truly was something for everyone! There were a couple of people that had limited mobility (1 with a cane & one with a very bad back) but they did ok---got cabins near elevators and used opportunities to sit down.

Some friends of my parents recently took all of their family on Oasis to celebrate their anniversary (45 or 50). Again, a wide age range among the group and my parents said they couldn't stop raving about the experience.

Allure & Oasis tend to be pricier. While deals can be found, it's harder during peak times. But, by2015, Quantum will be out which might help some. Freedom class are also great (no Boardwalk, carousel, etc), but still lots of things to do and I've seen some really good deals on those ships.

You don't say where you want to cruise . This important , for example if Alaska any cruise line will work because your going to nature and scenery.

Oops-my bad-I should have mentioned, Caribbean cruise. Also, for the disabilities, a scooter will help but don't need wheelchairs (yet).

Thanks for the help!

My husband & I took our kids on our first cruise. Casual, flexibility & budget were very important to us so we chose NCL. My dad prefers the more formal, set dining times & budget is less important, so he prefers Princess. If we all went together, I think either of us would have been happy on either line.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk

We took our family of 16 to Alaska -- round trip Vancouver in late May of 2000 for our 45th anniversary. The age range was from 68 to two and a half. Only my husband and I had cruised.

We chose HAL in spite of its reputation as a line for seniors and to a person it was the best ever family holiday. We could only afford inside steerage cabins as we needed a total of 7. We chose interconnecting cabins for the three families.

For our 50th we've already booked a Partial Panama -- again with HAL and again steerage for the six cabins for family but we've treated ourselves to our first ever balcony. This time we only went with HAL tours which were pricey, whereas for Alaska I'd privately arranged most.

We have cruised Celebrity, NCL, Princess and HAL and it was perfect for our needs.

Ruth