Irons??

newyorkray

Anyone know if irons and ironing boards are available from the cabin steward? Iam on the reflection Jan 4th and was on it earlier this year. I always cruised Celebrity but never inquired about an iron. Sent my formal clothes and whatever else out to be pressed on ship. The only non Celebrity cruise I was on was this September on the Norwegian Breakaway on a family cruise (They picked it) and irons were available for an hour at a time by request. Does Celebrity do this? I've cruise Celebrity 8-9timesand never thought to ask.

Anyone know if irons and ironing boards are available from the cabin steward? Iam on the reflection Jan 4th and was on it earlier this year. I always cruised Celebrity but never inquired about an iron. Sent my formal clothes and whatever else out to be pressed on ship. The only non Celebrity cruise I was on was this September on the Norwegian Breakaway on a family cruise (They picked it) and irons were available for an hour at a time by request. Does Celebrity do this? I've cruise Celebrity 8-9timesand never thought to ask.

No irons. They do offer to do it for you...for a price. AND don't try to take a small traavel iron on board...you luggage will be sent to suitcase jail downstairs.

Nope, no irons or ironing boards. Irons are considered a fire hazard.

As you mentioned, your best bet is to send it out and have the ship

press the clothing for you.

No irons or steamers allowed on board Celebrity ships, if found in your luggage they will remove it and return at the end of the cruise. They will not provide you with an iron or steamer and there are no laundry rooms fleetwide. Their prices for ironing and laundry are about the same as I pay at home.

Nope, no irons or ironing boards. Irons are considered a fire hazard.

As you mentioned, your best bet is to send it out and have the ship

press the clothing for you.

Just got back from Reflection, and if you're Captain's Club (can't recall if it was a specific level or not), they give you a coupon for complimentary ironing for 2 items/per member. We didn't use the service so can't report on how good the service is.

Can anyone explain to me why and iron is a fire hazard over say a hair straightening iron or curl tongs? (just curious)

Most probably because of how and where irons are used vs. the items you identified. A hot iron with completely exposed, very hot plate, inadvertently left sitting on flammable material would pose a more serious fire threat compared to a straightening iron or curl tongs which would most likely not be of comparable heat and more likely would not be left sitting on flammable materials.

My flat iron heats to 410 degrees and my curling iron 430. I did straighten the hem on my husbands pants with my flat iron. It worked quite well . Could you imagine the angry backlash X would face if the tried to take away a women's hair tools. Personally I would be irate.

Oops-it must have fallen into our suitcase and made it to our room:D

They have become very good at finding these things and holding up your luggage. You will then be called to the naughty room and given your luggage minus the steamer. Just passing on reality, you are not the first person to try it.