B2B Turnaround- POM Activities! Help

tsj

Hello and Happy New Year! We are doing a B2B on the Breeze in May 2014. While this is not our first B2B, I need a liitle help! We are traveling with 6 young adults ages 19-24. I just realized that between the sea days on the first cruise, turnaround day and sea days at the beginning of the second cruise we are looking at 4 sea/ship days! I think we need to get off the ship on turnaround day, at least for a little while! So what can we do close to the port. First of all getting off the ship will be dependent on when the pursers desk takes us thru customs, also we have one cruiser joining our group for the last cruise, so we don't want to go too far away! Thanks in advance! Teri

Take a taxi to the beach or to Bayside mall then you can take the free trolley down the main strip getting off when you want

There is a HOHO bus

Google is your friend ..lots to do there just depends on your interests

We never wait to lead off the ship once we are cleared off we go exploring

you could get a cab over to Bayside Marketplace which is right by the POM

and they do have a lot of various touristy stuff there, like a boat tour of Biscayne Bay, a "thriller" speedboat tour, sightseeing boats, pirate boat etc, shops and food food but you have food on the ship?

You could get to South Beach but depends what time you get off first ship, how fast customs goes....it may be a lot of money for very little time IMHO

I would not cut it close JMO

Hello and Happy New Year! We are doing a B2B on the Breeze in May 2014. While this is not our first B2B, I need a liitle help! We are traveling with 6 young adults ages 19-24. I just realized that between the sea days on the first cruise, turnaround day and sea days at the beginning of the second cruise we are looking at 4 sea/ship days! I think we need to get off the ship on turnaround day, at least for a little while! So what can we do close to the port. First of all getting off the ship will be dependent on when the pursers desk takes us thru customs, also we have one cruiser joining our group for the last cruise, so we don't want to go too far away! Thanks in advance! Teri

I'm guessing you don't have to deal with luggage?

My suggestion would be to get off the ship, hop a cab and head to South Beach! Head to News Café on Ocean Drive (beware other Ocean Drive outdoor restaurants, they are rip offs), have a nice brunch, then spend the rest of your time shopping and strolling around.

Since you have already been on a ship and are heading right back on for more sea days, no reason why you shouldn't board after everyone else?

Thank you for the great suggestions! Now, I feel as if we can wing it once I see how quickly we clear customs etc, I do have to take into account what tome our daughters friend who is joining us for the second leg plans to board. As was mentioned, if left up to me no need to race back! However I promise you this , we will be back in plenty of time we won't be pier runners !!!!!! Thanks again! Teri

you could get a cab over to Bayside Marketplace which is right by the POM

and they do have a lot of various touristy stuff there, like a boat tour of Biscayne Bay, a "thriller" speedboat tour, sightseeing boats, pirate boat etc, shops and food food but you have food on the ship?

You could get to South Beach but depends what time you get off first ship, how fast customs goes....it may be a lot of money for very little time IMHO

I would not cut it close JMO

So if I read this correctly, the poster can head to Bayside, shop, dine, take boat tours. South Beach however is going to cost a lot to get to and not have time to do anything there?

Do you own a map? South Beach is about ten minutes further from the port than Bayside and about $10 more in cab fare.

You post makes no sense. Am I missing something?

Edited by BlueHerons

Thank you for the great suggestions! Now, I feel as if we can wing it once I see how quickly we clear customs etc, I do have to take into account what tome our daughters friend who is joining us for the second leg plans to board. As was mentioned, if left up to me no need to race back! However I promise you this , we will be back in plenty of time we won't be pier runners !!!!!! Thanks again! Teri

Trust me Teri, your age group? The highlight of the cruise will be South Beach.

I too would focus on one area and based on the age group I would also go to South Beach.

You should plan on two taxi.

Have them drop you off at Ocean Drive and 5th Street. This is around the start of South Beach with some of the iconic hotels on the left hand side and the beach on the right hand side. You can stay on that street for a while or eventually go on some adjacent streets. Lots of restaurants and cafes if you want to get a bite or a drink and you have the pretty beach, many stores and it's a fun people place. If you walk for awhile you will also come to a board walk.

Taxi Fare will run around $20.00 to $25.00

Usually once they take you down to go through customs/immigration then you can leave from there. It is if you want to return back to the ship for something that you would have to wait till the ship is cleared. If you go from there then traffic will still be light getting you over to South Beach which will save on the taxi fares too.

Keith

On Carnival they will give you an "In Transit" card if you leave the ship. You can get back on anytime with that card, even if the ship is not cleared. You will get them the night before along with your customs form. I have never gotten off the ship, but was told if we wanted to run somewhere, just use the card.

Claudia