help with flight times

ubsueg

Returning on the Oasis 3/29. it says 615 am on the itinerary.

Best time and price for a flight leaves Ft Lauderdale at 745 am. is it realistic that I might be able to make this flight? the other times are either expensive

or have layovers.

just asking for people who may have done this before...thanks

I think you would be cutting it to close.

By the time the ship clears====

Even with your own luggage walk off, getting thru customs, catching a cab, getting to airport, getting thru TSA, running to gate.......

You would miss your flight.

Really doubt it.

Sea Ya

I'm usually pretty brave about making tight connections, but I don't think I would take this one.

We made 8:50 am flights out of FTL after our Oasis cruise. We were in line to depart when the ship cleared, we carried our own bags, grabbed a cab, and were sitting at our gate around 7:30. I don't think I could have shaved off any more time, and that does not give much wiggle room for problems that may arise.

We had an 11 flight from FLL after our Liberty cruise and I was worried about making it because people had said disembarkation was a disaster on Liberty. We carried off our own luggage and was in the first group to get off. We made it through airport security right at 8. That was with everything going perfectly. I wouldn't chance any earlier than 9 AM.

We actually easily made a 7:30 departure out of FLL after our Oasis Cruise in November. We also were in line to get off the ship early and carried our bags both off and on for our flight. We printed our boarding passes while on board the day before so all we had to do was get dropped off curbside. It helped that we know the FLL airport well, and we were flying southwest and they board closer to departure than some airlines do. Still, we were at the gate in plenty of time. I think it depends on which airline and how forgiving their policy is if you miss the flight and need to take a second one. We travel non rev so we did not risk any money by trying to make that early of a flight. Anything can happen and you would hate to be stuck paying huge fees for a last minute change.

In theory, yes, it is a flight you could make if you have your boarding passes already printed and you only have carry-on luggage. The problem, here, is that you have to wait for Customs to clear the ship, then you need to be one of the first in line. I was on a Liberty cruise where Customs didn't clear until after 8AM. The taxi ride is only minutes from the airport. Assuming you have no delays and, again, you are first to check your bags if they need checking. Then there is the miserable security line that can easily extend way back and, remember, these are not business travelers who know the system. I've seen these lines bog down pretty quickly after a cruise. Any delay and you will miss your flight. You only have 1 1/2 hours from the time the ship docks. Why would you want to end a perfectly wonderful cruise by adding unneeded stress to it? I can't speak for you but every little "bump" in the process would drive me crazy. That said, if you choose the early flight to save a few bucks, I wish you all the luck in the world. You may need it.;)

In theory, yes, it is a flight you could make if you have your boarding passes already printed and you only have carry-on luggage. The problem, here, is that you have to wait for Customs to clear the ship, then you need to be one of the first in line. I was on a Liberty cruise where Customs didn't clear until after 8AM. The taxi ride is only minutes from the airport. Assuming you have no delays and, again, you are first to check your bags if they need checking. Then there is the miserable security line that can easily extend way back and, remember, these are not business travelers who know the system. I've seen these lines bog down pretty quickly after a cruise. Any delay and you will miss your flight. You only have 1 1/2 hours from the time the ship docks. Why would you want to end a perfectly wonderful cruise by adding unneeded stress to it? I can't speak for you but every little "bump" in the process would drive me crazy. That said, if you choose the early flight to save a few bucks, I wish you all the luck in the world. You may need it.;)

Good info -- think people forget the Customs clearing part. Ship may get into port at 6:15 and you are now at the whim of the officials. As close as the airport is --- I agree, any delay is just way too much stress for the end of a cruise.

I realize and understand airfare costs --- I have to fly all the time to a cruise --- but I would not pick a flight before 10:30 out of Ft. Lauderdale at the earliest -- and only if on the Oasis or Allure. Any other ship --- I'm booking 1pm!

Absolutely right...don't need the stress. Thank you all for your advice. It was exactly what I was looking for. Will probably fly southwest there Jet blue back because of the flight times. Thanks again

Absolutely right...don't need the stress. Thank you all for your advice. It was exactly what I was looking for. Will probably fly southwest there Jet blue back because of the flight times. Thanks again

Great flight choices. I hope you have safe and amazing cruise.:p

Edited by LarryL