Table for 2

deise17311

We leave January 11...called today to confirm we are at a table for 2 and of course were put at a table for 8 (we requested table for 2)...the CC rep said it's really close to sailing...we are in a CS if that makes a difference...anyone have experience getting a table for 2 close to sailing that's not in the kitchen or in a horrible location...one of the suite perks is priority seating and we sure did pay plenty for it...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Traditional dining has a set arrangement. It is close to sailing. If you are on select dining, you can request a table for 2 or more any night. I called Celebrity today and made reservations for select table for 2 at 6:30 for every night of my cruise. Good luck.

We leave January 11...called today to confirm we are at a table for 2 and of course were put at a table for 8 (we requested table for 2)...the CC rep said it's really close to sailing...we are in a CS if that makes a difference...anyone have experience getting a table for 2 close to sailing that's not in the kitchen or in a horrible location...one of the suite perks is priority seating and we sure did pay plenty for it...

I think it's weird that they told you that you were at a table for 8...typically they can't give any info like that until you are actually on the ship. I find it hard to believe that someone in a Celebrity customer service office somewhere has access to the maître d's seating layout and assignments.

I wouldn't fret about it. In all our cruises (other than our first one where we didn't ask) we have always requested a table for 2 and have always rec'd it. Once onboard we go the area assigned to check your dining info, etc. (will be on the abbreviated Daily you get upon embarking) to find out if we got our request. Only once did they have us at something other than our requested table for 2, and that time they fixed it before dinner that very night. Twice we were in a RS, once in a SS and the rest in regular concierge class. From what we have experienced, they seem to be very accommodating.

Have a great cruise!

As a suite passenger, you can dine in Blu, lots of tables for 2!

Richard

I understand Suite use of Blu is 'space available' requested in advance with Blu.

On boarding, go to MDR and see MDR mgr table to request Table for 2 which is often tight, espec for 6pm seating. If he can't fix immediately, things sort out over a couple nights and ask to be waitlisted for 2-top (indicate if ok with 2 at 4-top). If ok with late seating, there is usually more table choice flex unless sailing in Europe where late dining is preferred. Good Luck

This has happened to me too many times (not just on Celebrity). As soon as you board and confirm you do not in fact have a table to two, go see the Maitre'd and let him know what you are looking for.

This past summer we had confirmation of late seating table for two only to arrive at the ship to see we were assigned open dining. A quick polite chat with the Maitre'd had us at a table which at first glance didn't seem that great. He asked if we could give it a try and if there were any problems he'd gladly move us. We tried it and liked it and to our surprise he came by to ask if we were OK with the table and to reconfirm he could put us elsewhere if we wanted.

IMHO the bigger issue is that there really are not a lot of nice tables for two. Don't sweat it, they will take care of you.

On the Solstice class ships many of the tables for two are arranged in rows just a few inches apart. And because the tables are small you are closer to your neighbors than on a large round table,though you are technically at a table for two.

There are a few scattered about that are better.

Depending on the ship, traditional dining has a limited number of two-tops.

On S-class the seatings for two are so close together they might as well be a table of four.

When there is a large demand for specific seating, Elite (and up) have the following perk:

"Priority wait list in Main Dining Room"

That can be interpreted as access to their dining time of choice but often includes the table of choice.

Seating assignments are normally not made until several days before the actual sailing.

Thanks cruisenut! We should be fine then...since we are in a suite I'm hoping we might have a table on the railing away from the crowds but I'll roll with whatever! Every year I take my mom on a cruise for her birthday and she likes tables for 2!!