Scooter Rental in Cozumel

Cruzin' Rob

They're about $25-$30 for a half day, like 4 hours. You can drive all the way around the island, and for most of it there's a path that seems like it's just for scooters that runs parallel to the main road. I think the path is relatively new. Did the drive with friends in May, and it was great.

Give me a break. People ditch scooters everywhere. I've seen it in Key West, Martha's Vineyard, Mexico, San Diego. It's common sense that using a scooter comes with some dangers. Of COURSE the cruise lines recommend against it, they don't make any MONEY on scooters.

We get it. Scooters aren't as safe as staying on board and playing trivia. Seriously people, unlock your screen doors, cut the tags off your mattresses and get out there and see the world....

Give me a break. People ditch scooters everywhere. I've seen it in Key West, Martha's Vineyard, Mexico, San Diego. It's common sense that using a scooter comes with some dangers. Of COURSE the cruise lines recommend against it, they don't make any MONEY on scooters.

We get it. Scooters aren't as safe as staying on board and playing trivia. Seriously people, unlock your screen doors, cut the tags off your mattresses and get out there and see the world....

Well said.

We have done it a few times.

Now we rent cars because we have little kids...

We will be renting a jeep or a car in March...any places you can recommand me ? Do you know HTL Rental ? They have dune buggy - that should be fun too!

You might want to read up on them as there are some current comments over that last couple of months - http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150809-i66-k5985158-HTL_Car_Rentals-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

• 3 months later...

I love it! :D

We booked the Scoot Coupe & Beach tour through Carnival Excursions. I doubt they would offer it as an excursion if they were against it.

I agree with your general sentiments BUT...

Renting a scooter in a foreign country where the roads are suspect, the vehicle maintenance is suspect, you may have had a drink (or two), you don't know where the hell you are going, you have suffered the normal drop of 20 IQ points being on vacation and especially the fact that you are not a regular motorcycle driver, all lead to a very bad ending.

No not for everyone and no not all the time but still way too often (but be my guest ;)).

BTW, I am all in favor of unlocking the screen doors, cutting the tags off mattresses and especially getting out there and seeing the world.

Edited by richstowe