Questions about Lobster Alive

photomama

We're in out 60's and would like to go to Lobster Alive for a little beach time and yummy lobster...We don't want to take an excursion so what is the best way to get there, I'm assuming taxi, and does anyone have an approx. figure on the cost? Is there any problem getting a taxi back to the ship? If you do beach before lunch, is there anyway to shower off the sand before going to the restaurant, and where do you go to get umbrella and loungers? I know, probably a lot of dumb questions, but I'll use the "we're getting old" excuse, lol.

Best way to get there is get a cab at the port. I'm not sure of the price as we usually walk...it is about 1.5 mile leisurely walk. They have chairs in the sand. Just walk up to a pair and someone will be right over. I think the cost was $20. for 2 chairs and you each get a drink. Clean restrooms are available but you need to get a key. I don't recall any showers. They have a large lobster tank inside with humongous lobsters in! This is usually where we go while in Barbados. Lobster Alive is located on Carlisle Bay....pink sand...a beautiful flat crescent bay area. When you are ready to leave...there are taxis readily available. They are right next door to The Boatyard. I think taxi cost back is $4.00pp.

Go to the boat yard - why? Lobster alive is right next door, but at the boatyard you only pay for the cab one way and the chairs& umbrella are included in your admission. They also give you one drink and free wifi, and the big thing is they have lots of security!!

Forget about walking.

Hal

We're in out 60's and would like to go to Lobster Alive for a little beach time and yummy lobster...We don't want to take an excursion so what is the best way to get there, I'm assuming taxi, and does anyone have an approx. figure on the cost? Is there any problem getting a taxi back to the ship? If you do beach before lunch, is there anyway to shower off the sand before going to the restaurant, and where do you go to get umbrella and loungers? I know, probably a lot of dumb questions, but I'll use the "we're getting old" excuse, lol.

Hi, we were at Lobster Alive in mid December. We choose Lobster over the Boatyard because it is less crowded. You pay $US5 for each sunbed and parasol, i.e. $US15 for two beds and parasol. They then give you three tickets for three half price drinks at the bar. The taxi costs is $US5pp. We usually get the shuttlebus into Bridgetown from the port for $US2pp and walk the last couple of hundred yards down Bay Street. We always walk back to the ship.

Terry

• 1 month later...

Hi, we were at Lobster Alive in mid December. We choose Lobster over the Boatyard because it is less crowded. You pay $US5 for each sunbed and parasol, i.e. $US15 for two beds and parasol. They then give you three tickets for three half price drinks at the bar. The taxi costs is $US5pp.

Thanks for the current pricing info.

We were at the Boatyard on February 2nd...pricing was $30 for two. Even paying for the return taxi, Lobster Alive comes out ahead. We may just give it a try in 2015...

Lew

Here is their website....please remember that the prices are in BD$ (Barbados dollars) and are twice that of US$...so divide their prices by two (2) and it won't scare you as much.....They fly the lobsters in during off-season from the Grenadines, so they are not cheap, but quite good...as good as you'll get in Maine, or better! :)

http://lobsteralive.net/menu.php

Hi, we were at Lobster Alive in mid December. We choose Lobster over the Boatyard because it is less crowded. You pay $US5 for each sunbed and parasol, i.e. $US15 for two beds and parasol. They then give you three tickets for three half price drinks at the bar. The taxi costs is $US5pp. We usually get the shuttlebus into Bridgetown from the port for $US2pp and walk the last couple of hundred yards down Bay Street. We always walk back to the ship.

Terry,

Where did you catch the shuttlebus from the cruise terminal? Can you take it to Lobster Alive?

Here is their website....please remember that the prices are in BD$ (Barbados dollars) and are twice that of US$...so divide their prices by two (2) and it won't scare you as much.....They fly the lobsters in during off-season from the Grenadines, so they are not cheap, but quite good...as good as you'll get in Maine, or better! :)

http://lobsteralive.net/menu.php

Even dividing the prices in half, still leaves pretty steep prices for lunch at the beach.

” Even dividing the prices in half, still leaves pretty steep prices for lunch at the beach.”

Agreed. A little too much when you’re covering five or six islands, yes?

Unless someone else is buying, we just enjoy the beach there and a drink or two and head up to Holetown to Ju Ju’s for lunch. They have the best FF cutters (flying fish sandwiches) on the island at 1/3 the price of Lobster Alive.

Even with the cab fare it is still less expensive and a meal to remember.

It’s been a couple of years since we’ve been up there but it was quite worth the trip.