Good deals on cabins not known or advertised!!

Happy New Year all!!

My wife and I are considering our fourth RCI cruise this Fall. We are thinking about Navigator (Voyager Class), or maybe a Freedom Class. We were on the Indy in March '13 and met a gentleman that told us about the Ben & Jerry Sweet he was staying in. It was a "Sweet" deal with everything it included. We have also heard about cabins with forward facing windows that were priced as inside cabins. We are looking for other great deals that people have discovered. Please share your secrets to help us find our next big adventure!! :)

Thanks!

Julie & Gary

PS. Thanks again Daghis!!

PS. Thanks again Daghis!!

You're very welcome!

I remember that there had been another thread here that talked about some of the special cabins that are more sought after, but I don't recall where that thread is to point you to it.

In addition to the Ben & Jerry's "Sweet" (6305), on Freedom-class ships another set of special cabins are 1400 and 1700. They are category D1 balcony cabins, but due to their location (they are aft-corner cabins), they are super-sized, closer to a junior suite in size. There is a support pole in the middle of the cabin, but friends of mine who have stayed in those cabins said that it wasn't an issue and that they really enjoyed the cabin and its extra large balcony.

Edited by Daghis

This is why Cruise Critic was invented :)

Not-so-secret are the 7708 and 7704 on the Freedom Class ships - biggest balcony on the ship (except for the royal presidential suite on deck 6), and it's only an E2 cabin.

is right here!

for example, this past few days there was a major discount on Navigator, folks gobbled up those rates in a heart beat.

It tends to require being attentive....and be ready to pounce when the pricing is right.

...on Freedom-class ships another set of special cabins are 1400 and 1700. They are category D1 balcony cabins, but due to their location (they are aft-corner cabins), they are super-sized, closer to a junior suite in size. There is a support pole in the middle of the cabin, but friends of mine who have stayed in those cabins said that it wasn't an issue and that they really enjoyed the cabin and its extra large balcony.
I've been in 1700. Note that RCI does not provide dancers:(; you have to bring your own:D

If you want to save money and don't care about a balcony then book an Oceanview on Deck 3 with a large area and seating area. Plus you are only 2 flights of stairs down for most ports for embarking and disembarking. If you do the express walkoff where you take your bags off you will avoid the rush.

I have found that I don't tend to spend a lot of time in my cabin. I need to have a window as I can get calustrophobic in those interior cabins. You have access to all decks and while a balcony can be nice for morning coffee I would much rather go upstairs in the morning and get fresh hot coffee. I have found out that by the time Room Service brought my coffee I could get fresher coffee and pastries.

But I do use room service when I want to be one of the first people off the ship at ports of call but for the most part we enjoy a leisurely breakfast in the MDR and wait until all the tours have left and go and see a port if its docked for many hours. If there is limited time at the port we try to be off the ship 20 minutes or so after the gangplank has been deployed.