Do not use JRShuttle in Ft. Lauderdale nor Miami

knot knormal

Three months before our December cruise Celebrity changed the departure port from Miami to Ft Lauderdale. Since many of us had booked our return flights to Miami, I booked JR Shuttle to take us to Port Everglades. There were 8 people at 2 different Hampton Inns in Miami, 4 each. Our hotel was the first pick up at 11 AM, but no shuttle. I started calling first the dispatcher, then the van driver called me directly, he was always "5 minutes away". ONE AND A HALF hours later, 12:30 PM he showed up. He did not know there was a second pickup, and didn't even know that hotel's location. He called his office and they finally told him the other 4 were already picked up. When we got to Port Everglades he tried to charge us nearly three times what my contract specified (I had it with me). We told him we were paying no more. He said he would find a police officer to "arrest us". We found a very polite officer that listened to both sides, and after much discussion, told us to have a nice cruise and told the van driver to accept our original PP fare and to discuss with his management. As we walked away the van driver said "I hope your ship goes down".

Thank you for this information. I have just now been looking into options for a shuttle from MIA to our hotel pre-cruise in FLL. JR shuttle is one I was considering. Not now, thanks for the big heads up!

I will be watching this post as I , too, need a shuttle from MIA to a Ft. Lauderdale hotel (2 people). So far I see there is Super Shuttle but am searching for lower fares.

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

I will be watching this post as I , too, need a shuttle from MIA to a Ft. Lauderdale hotel (2 people). So far I see there is Super Shuttle but am searching for lower fares.

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

American Shuttle is based inside MIA and will give you a quote on-line.

If you are not in a hurry you can save $$ by riding the Tri-Rail train from MIA to the FLL station (under $5 each person) and then use a cab or hotel shuttle to get from their to your hotel.

American Shuttle is based inside MIA and will give you a quote on-line.

If you are not in a hurry you can save $$ by riding the Tri-Rail train from MIA to the FLL station (under $5 each person) and then use a cab or hotel shuttle to get from their to your hotel.

JohninDC, I've been paying attention to all of your useful advice on these boards and you seem very credible. If I were to take the train from MIA to FLL, what stop would I get off to get me closest to The Sheraton Beach Hotel?

JohninDC, I've been paying attention to all of your useful advice on these boards and you seem very credible. If I were to take the train from MIA to FLL, what stop would I get off to get me closest to The Sheraton Beach Hotel?

Been researching transfers as well and thinking of using TriRail to Ft Lauderdale. Does not look like the shuttle from Ft Lauderdale Station goes near our hotel - Hyatt Regency at Pier 66 but $5 rail then a cab for I guess $10 looks a better option than cab or super shuttle from MIA

Link to Tri Rail web site hear - http://www.tri-rail.com

They also have an App

Three months before our December cruise Celebrity changed the departure port from Miami to Ft Lauderdale. Since many of us had booked our return flights to Miami, I booked JR Shuttle to take us to Port Everglades. There were 8 people at 2 different Hampton Inns in Miami, 4 each. Our hotel was the first pick up at 11 AM, but no shuttle. I started calling first the dispatcher, then the van driver called me directly, he was always "5 minutes away". ONE AND A HALF hours later, 12:30 PM he showed up. He did not know there was a second pickup, and didn't even know that hotel's location. He called his office and they finally told him the other 4 were already picked up. When we got to Port Everglades he tried to charge us nearly three times what my contract specified (I had it with me). We told him we were paying no more. He said he would find a police officer to "arrest us". We found a very polite officer that listened to both sides, and after much discussion, told us to have a nice cruise and told the van driver to accept our original PP fare and to discuss with his management. As we walked away the van driver said "I hope your ship goes down".

That's incredible and totally inexcusable!! I would post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor also. You will probably be warning more people than might read this on Cruise Critic and you might get a response/apology from JR Shuttle.

Swede, depending on the direction your going, to or from the port, Taxi

from the cruise ship to the Government Center Metro Rail Station. (2 miles)

Ride Metro Rail to the Tri Rail transfer station. (7 miles)

Its not as complicated as it sounds.

Been researching transfers as well and thinking of using TriRail to Ft Lauderdale. Does not look like the shuttle from Ft Lauderdale Station goes near our hotel - Hyatt Regency at Pier 66 but $5 rail then a cab for I guess $10 looks a better option than cab or super shuttle from MIA

Link to Tri Rail web site hear - http://www.tri-rail.com

They also have an App

Thanks for the info Will&Hel. I hope JohninDC chimes in soon so I can decide what the best way is to get from MIA to the hotel in FLL. I agree with you that a cab wouldn't be too expensive once we get to FLL.