Steakhouse Question

beamqueen

So I booked the steakhouse for our 3rd day on the cruise. I think the menu looks great and I am excited....but I am worried about missing out in the MDR. I have only been on 1 cruise(2007 Fascination) but I highly enjoyed the MDR and don't want to miss out. Is the steakhouse worth the extra fee? We will be on our honeymoon so wanted to do something special...just wanting to know it is worth it!?

I posted a sililar question yesterday, except i was asking if it was still as good as last time i sailed, on Miracle.. it was AWESOME!!! and then some.. it is $35.00/per person, and worth every penny.. the posters who asnwered my question yesterday were in agreement. we usually book it for one of the formal nights, and htey dont appeal to me so much.. good luck and happy honeymoon.. all the best!

It's something nice to do however we ate at Diamon steakhouse on liberty and it was good but not as great as I was expecting from all of the reviews people wrote. Two of was had surf n turf and it was good, the third had the big ribeye and it was mostly fat....there's a difrence between well marbled meat and just fat. Escargots was not the typical but good....would I do it again maybe, maybe not.

So I booked the steakhouse for our 3rd day on the cruise. I think the menu looks great and I am excited....but I am worried about missing out in the MDR. I have only been on 1 cruise(2007 Fascination) but I highly enjoyed the MDR and don't want to miss out. Is the steakhouse worth the extra fee? We will be on our honeymoon so wanted to do something special...just wanting to know it is worth it!?

Yes the Steakhouse is worth it! We have it booked for our first night on the Miracle next week :p. We have really enjoyed the food and overall experience each time we have cruised.

If you really want to do something special for dinner one night book the Chefs Table! This is a great foodie experience. Not romantic like the steakhouse can be but the food experience is well worth the up charge. The night is like an excursion or experience. It's more than just a meal!

Look into it!!

It's interesting how some of us have completely different experiences. :confused: We did the steakhouse on our last cruise on the Freedom and it was not at all worth it! We were so disappointed in the meal, service and ambiance of the restaurant. We've dined in Chops on RCCL and that was amazing!!! Not so much for Carnival. DH and I are pretty easy going and not at all food snobs, but this was not worth the money at all. Heck, the flat iron steak in the MDR is much better than what we had in the steakhouse.

It's interesting how some of us have completely different experiences. :confused: We did the steakhouse on our last cruise on the Freedom and it was not at all worth it! We were so disappointed in the meal, service and ambiance of the restaurant. We've dined in Chops on RCCL and that was amazing!!! Not so much for Carnival. DH and I are pretty easy going and not at all food snobs, but this was not worth the money at all. Heck, the flat iron steak in the MDR is much better than what we had in the steakhouse.

I think you had an experience well out of the ordinary. Like the flatiron but think the prime steak in steakhouse is much better.

Happy Honeymoon!

My first cruise too was on the Fascination and have since been to the steakhouse on the Glory and the Miracle!

The food is fantastic and well prepared, served beautifully and tastes amazing!

For $35.00 I wouldn't be able to pay for the tip at a high-end steakhouse of the same quality here in NYC.

I always get the French Onion Soup (it is different then in the MDR) or the Lobster Bisque (prefer the onion).

The spinach, blue cheese bacon salad is good and for my main course I have had the Lamb Chops and the Cowboy Steak. I am a huge lamb fan, but I plan on getting the Cowboy again on the Splendor in two weeks when I go.

Also dont forget that if you book to eat in the steakhouse the first night you get a free bottle of wine. Stay away from the white/chardonnay (its really not good) and get the merlot.

Dessert is always good, the chocolate sampler is great and the cheesecake is traditional.

We think it is soo worth it! We always check the menus ahead of time for the MDR and pick a night that we are not crazy about and book that night in the steakhouse. We have always had great food and service!

Yes, yes, and more yes. You will LOVE the steakhouse. It's a great experience, and I would highly recommend it..especially if you're celebrating such a great occasion!

Happy Honeymoon!

My first cruise too was on the Fascination and have since been to the steakhouse on the Glory and the Miracle!

The food is fantastic and well prepared, served beautifully and tastes amazing!

For $35.00 I wouldn't be able to pay for the tip at a high-end steakhouse of the same quality here in NYC.

I always get the French Onion Soup (it is different then in the MDR) or the Lobster Bisque (prefer the onion).

The spinach, blue cheese bacon salad is good and for my main course I have had the Lamb Chops and the Cowboy Steak. I am a huge lamb fan, but I plan on getting the Cowboy again on the Splendor in two weeks when I go.

Also dont forget that if you book to eat in the steakhouse the first night you get a free bottle of wine. Stay away from the white/chardonnay (its really not good) and get the merlot.

Dessert is always good, the chocolate sampler is great and the cheesecake is traditional.

Wow the chardonnay seems universally disliked