LIVE on board The Reflection!

suni

Please let is know how getting off the ship is. And how you fared with your 11:30 flight. My fam has flights at 11 and 11:15 in 2 weeks.

We had a relaxing breakfast at BLU and then got off at about 8:40 am. We were in a cab at 9:25 and to the airport at 9:45 . Pretty smooth, but chaotic. I would definitely plan to get off no later that 8:45. The lines behind us looked VERY long to get thru customs and the airport was packed !

Thanks for the review - we will be on Reflection Feb 1. Can't wait.

As ou were dining in Blu, I'm interested if they offered any specialty restaurant specials. I believe on the TransAtlantic cruise, they offered a special package for Aqua Class only.

Did that occur on this cruise?

As ou were dining in Blu, I'm interested if they offered any specialty restaurant specials. I believe on the TransAtlantic cruise, they offered a special package for Aqua Class only.

They did have some dining specials when you boarded . We were in an Aqua SUITE which allows for one complimentary specialty night. Enjoyed Tuscan Grill very much. Would not want to eat in the MDR ....much more intimate in BLU.

Edited by suni

Two weeks ago they offered a 50% off the first night

T Enjoyed Tuscan Grill very much. Would not want to eat in the MDR ....much more intimate in BLU.

In Blu, you are actually closer to the person to your left and right than your partner if you are dining at a table for 2. The tables are so close together that your new "table mates" actually join your conversation. I don't consider that intimate.

In Blu, you are actually closer to the person to your left and right than your partner if you are dining at a table for 2. The tables are so close together that your new "table mates" actually join your conversation. I don't consider that intimate.

It's just like a New York City restaurant

Edited by 20pluscruises

Ah, but we met such lovely people that way. One of the joys of travel.

Linda

Ah, but we met such lovely people that way. One of the joys of travel.

Linda

I agree that it is a great way to meet others. Actually, it forces you to meet others. It is a great way to meet other people. (Also to eavesdrop.) But let's not call it a romantic or intimate setting.

• 2 weeks later...
We did eat at Tuscan Grill one night and it was delightful. Amazing view of the wake from the back of the ship. LOVED it.

If you can get invited to the sail away in St. Marten at the HeilPad it was a fun experience.

Thanks so much for your great review! How do you get invited to that sail away in St. Maarten? Is it because you were in a suite? Thanks! : )

ps. Also, when you booked at the spa the first day for 3 treatments, do you remember what the deal was?

pss. Is it free to use the lawn club area? & I've read that they have jazz live music playing out there about 7pm on the night of San Juan, is that true? Thanks again!

Edited by JB3
added another question

On our 1/4/14 cruise Kelly Broadway and her jazz trio performed on the lawn. The lawn has blankets, chairs, and candles set out under the stars. It was on San Juan night. They charge for the wine. Very enjoyable event if weather allows it to occur.