Just back from the Crown-Dec.28 to Jan. 4

Helen

A few thoughts this A.M. as I am exhausted after a very LONG drive home yesterday!

The ship was full and although the chair hogs were up and about at the crack of dawn, we always managed to find a chair away from the main areas which was fine for us as those chairs were so tightly squeezed together.

Embarkation was a breeze and we were among the first on board. The Crown is in good shape. We found it to be clean and the staff very friendly with everyone speaking as you passed by. We immediately went to the DiVinci restaurant for a relaxing lunch and to our rooms for a toast. There were 5 of us with 3 in a mini suite and the 2 of us on an aft balcony on Caribe.

Food was fair to very good and we also enjoyed dinners in the Crown Grill as well as Sabatinis. Excellent!

Our ports were Princess Cays, Curacao and Aruba. Curacao and Aruba were on the 31st and 1st, so nothing open which was a little disappointing. We thought ahead and planned an excursion with Zapata Flyboard in Curacao and can't say enough good things about them. Our children (23,24 and 28) had a blast and talked about it the rest of the trip. You can check them out on Tripadvisor or facebook. Aruba was a beach day and hot, hot, hot!!!

Entertainment was typical and we participated in trivia and Karaoke several days. The ship was really rocking for several days and nights and our A.C. struggled to keep our room cool even with keeping the balcony door closed and drapes shut.

We had a wonderful, relaxing time and will write more thoughts later. Now..to the laundry room,:(

Welcome home! Thanks for your updates! Did they do the staggered boarding times? Which was your favorite, Sabatinis or Crown Grill? I hope to try both and do Chef's table, but just in case we have to choose...

We took the b2b on this ship December 14-28, as usual on Princess the first thing I do is call the Dine Line to get on the list for Chef's Table, which is $95.00 per person, and worth every penny. Less than one hour after being open for boarding the Chef's Table was sold out and I was put on a waiting list!! Just an FYI. Luckily there was so much interest they managed to put on one more evening and we were ïnvited, excellent evening! It has become a must do and is very popular.

We took the b2b on this ship December 14-28, as usual on Princess the first thing I do is call the Dine Line to get on the list for Chef's Table, which is $95.00 per person, and worth every penny. Less than one hour after being open for boarding the Chef's Table was sold out and I was put on a waiting list!! Just an FYI. Luckily there was so much interest they managed to put on one more evening and we were ïnvited, excellent evening! It has become a must do and is very popular.

I am worried about that! We aren't elite or any type of priority boarding, so we may not make it. It won't ruin our cruise if we don't, but I really hope we can get on the list.

We were on this cruise as well with Interior Cabins, WE arrived at the port early got checked in and waited. I think we were on board by 1115 or so. We ran around getting our stamps on our treasure hunt card, got our Soda (and more) stamps, went to lunch in the buffet, DD and I went to the spa went on the tour, booked the thermal suite and booked massages. ( for Saturday night - got an extra 30 minutes for doing so)

Also booked youngest Son into youth program.

Ate in the buffet some dinners, Ate formal meals in DR. Enjoyed the English Pub meal both days.

Ship was rocking and a rolling most sea days.

Weather was great

Service was great for a majority of it.

Only 2 times sub par, once in main dining room waiter wasnt up to snuff

and second time was at Pub lunch... Captain was sitting right next to us as well... I think our waiter got flustered.

NYE was great several locales to ring in the new year. we were up on Lido

there was a proprosal done at midnight by one of the ships 3rd officers to one of the nurses...She said yes... After the Ships horns sounded, our little group headed down stairs to go to bed as Aruba was an early port.

Thursday Night at about midnight announcing a medical emergency happening and the we were awaiting a medivac helicopter off the ship.

As a reminder gentle readers If the Captain comes on and asks you to stay off the balconies and open areas please do so. Its for your own safety

Only a few issues with the plumbing system, really people they are serious about not flushing anything that doesnt come out of your body plus a little toilet paper.

Cruise staff was wonderful Lisa was Fabulous played lots of trivia, bingo and had a relaxing time.

on to plan the next one

Almost forgot about the medical emergency. People were instructed to get off their balconies and into their rooms. Apparently some didn't conform and the Captain became very firm in his next announcement. The proposal was great.

We also enjoyed the pub lunch..twice! The beer was great as well. We also signed up for the chef's dinner as soon as we got on board. Wait listed as well and didn't make the cut. :( Our son and girlfriend had previously attended one and loved it and she wanted to pay for us but it was not to be.

I can't say which of the specialty restaurants I enjoyed more. If you are into steaks, the Grill is your answer. The steaks were delicious and cooked perfectly. Sabatinis had wonderful seafood and pasta. Much more portions than we needed and we left uncomfortable but happy. I had the sea bass (for 2) there and it was delicious!

Helen

Thank you for the review. We are on the Crown in 2 weeks our first time on Princes.

Can you tell me what the ladies are wearing in the dinning room on non formal nights? Were dressy capris in evidence, with nice tops? Thank you. We are so exited and hope we have great weather like you did.

For the question for the non formal night dining. Capris are perfect and I wore them several nights.

There is different music genre's everywhere. Don't know that I heard classic rock but I'm sure others will chime in as I am a classic rock fan and heard it at the piano bar but not elsewhere.

Helen

I appreciate your response it helps with the packing.

Donna

If you aren't interested in overpacking, do what I do and take a white pair and black pair of capris with different tops. Good for FOUR dinners on non formal nights. I've learned for especially Carib cruises, NOT to overpack. Repeating bottoms and mix matching tops does the trick! Trust me that no one will notice..let alone care ! .;) Happy cruising.

Edited by eandj