New Wine Policy - February 1?

brainyblonde

Wasn't there some talk that exception was going to be made for Grand Voyages. Now that would really make me angry. What's good for the goose is good for the gander!

Terri

ONLY for this year's GWorldV, not any of the shorter GV's. For example, people on the first segment of the Prinsendam Grand SA & Antarctica leaving in 4 days go by the current unlimited policy ... until they get to Buenos Aires. People getting on in BA for the next segment will go by the new rules, therefore HAL decided that everyone, including those who were on the first segment, will go by the new rules from that point on ... no more picking up additional at ports. Edited by jtl513

Wasn't there some talk that exception was going to be made for Grand Voyages. Now that would really make me angry. What's good for the goose is good for the gander!

Terri

I've seen something to that effect too, but in regard to this year's World Cruise only. There have been many threads, and possibly it was on facebook. But I do recall it.

ONLY for this year's GWorldV, not any of the shorter GV's. For example, people on the first segment of the Prinsendam Grand SA & Antarctica leaving in 4 days go by the current unlimited policy ... until they get to Buenos Aires. People getting on in BA for the next segment will go by the new rules, therefore HAL decided that everyone, including those who were on the first segment, will go by the new rules from that point on ... no more picking up additional at ports.

Where did you read that information?

Terri

I read all the posts on all the threads about the new policy, and don't recall ever seeing a report that there would be an exception for Grand Cruises.

If there were an exception, the uproar we saw that first weekend, the one that resulted in a postponement of implementation, will seem calm in comparison.

There is an exemption for the upcoming World Cruise per Prinsendam hotel director to me!

It doesn't matter which cruise line you decide to go on they all now have the 2 bottle policy except for the Premium cruises. Ontario Cruiser

That is simply not true. First, HAL has a 1 bottle per person policy. Not 2.

Princess and NCL allow as much as you like - with a corkage fee for each bottle as you board. I believe Disney has a fairly liberal policy as well, but am not positive.

Further, Princess and HAL are now under the same umbrella with the same President, Stein Kruse.

Many of the upscale lines have open policies.

There is an exemption for the upcoming World Cruise per Prinsendam hotel director to me!

Ah, but was that in writing?

It's not the policy as published on the HAL site, nor is it the policy that Seattle has quoted back to numerous concerned passengers in written communications posted on CC.

Where did you read that information?

Terri

In a thread here, from someone going on the SA&A GV ... don't remember who, though.

Well, since the GWV is 9 days underway already maybe we can ask somebody on board what they've been told. Or maybe we have to wait until after 1/31 and see.

It's not the policy as published on the HAL site, nor is it the policy that Seattle has quoted back to numerous concerned passengers in written communications posted on CC.

No,it was verbal. I am confused....thought some of the affected were told they could bring wine on. My mistake.

No,it was verbal. I am confused....thought some of the affected were told they could bring wine on. My mistake.

Don't blame yourself. Remember, we could phone Seattle 3 times with exactly the same question (on any topic) - and get 3 different answers.:cool: Perhaps one of the WC bloggers will report back and let us know.

If one reads the World Cruise bloggers, the entire trip is exempt from the new wine policy. The logical next question is: If one takes a segment of the World Cruise after January 31 and until they return in May, wouldn't those guests also be able to bring wine on board at each port? I can't imagine that there are "bean counters" at the scanners, checking a list of when passengers arrived in the ship.

Which then begs the next question: What about World Voyages? What is consistent and what is not consistent? Lots of grey area which has not been addressed by HAL.

brainyblonde

Which then begs the next question: What about World Voyages? What is consistent and what is not consistent? Lots of grey area which has not been addressed by HAL.

brainyblonde

From what I've read on CC, only the current GWV is exempt. On all other GV the policy changes for all on board on Feb 1.