Diminishing boarding delays

sailandcruise

The major backup during the boarding process seems to be the embarkation photography. I always decline to have my picture taken, but end up having to wait my turn for my group to be called and then to get pat the photographers. On my recent cruise, there was a path around the photography stations for handicapped and perhaps VIP guests. If HAL would open up this path for any passengers who don't want their pictures taken in the terminal I bet that the boarding process would take much less time. I'd like to have the option to easily bypass the photographers.

The major backup during the boarding process seems to be the embarkation photography. I always decline to have my picture taken, but end up having to wait my turn for my group to be called and then to get pat the photographers. On my recent cruise, there was a path around the photography stations for handicapped and perhaps VIP guests. If HAL would open up this path for any passengers who don't want their pictures taken in the terminal I bet that the boarding process would take much less time. I'd like to have the option to easily bypass the photographers.

If there was a path around the photographers just take it--that's what we do and it does speed up the boarding process. After numerous pictures taken on various cruises we rarely wait in line for "our turn" with the photographers. When we see a clear path we take it.

I totally agree that the photographers slow down the process and sometimes wonder if it isn't in their contract with HAL that all passengers must be given the "opportunity" to have a boarding photo taken. Either that or it is a method to prevent a crush of people in the elevator lobby of the ship.

I totally agree that the photographers slow down the process and sometimes wonder if it isn't in their contract with HAL that all passengers must be given the "opportunity" to have a boarding photo taken. Either that or it is a method to prevent a crush of people in the elevator lobby of the ship.

This is just another money maker for the cruise line.... we also avoid the photogs as much as possible. Just walk on by...... :)

Edited by Reader0108598

Sapper1 -- I never considered that' date=' but it makes a lot of sense to control congestion at the elevators!! (by the way, you're up early this morning!! :))[/b']

That's what happens when you get older. You wake up early. Enjoy your day of freezing rain. :D

Actually the last 2 cruises there was, effectively, a path around. They had 2 photo stations set up, for the crush I expect, but one wasn't used, so the sneak around was easy. On our recent Zuiderdam cruise there was a female photographer that was quite aggressive. After 2 times of her harassing us, I took her aside and said that I understood it was her job, but don't bother us again. She avoided us like the plague after that.