Jet Blue

innlady1

Sorry to hear they didn't ramp up their crew and that caused this mess. :eek:

Funny how it only had an impact on Boston and New York, though. No where else???

I believe that even PVD had no Jet Blue disruption, and it's in between!

Jet Blue has been in Boston's Logan for years. They are a huge presence in our airport. I don't know how long they have been in the northeast or snowbelt states in general.

We had a terrible winter with tons of snow last year and two years prior. Jet Blue most assuredly has dealt with Boston's snow before.

Just one person's opinion/guess, perhaps it wasn't just Boston (or even New England) the weather these last few days has been extremely unusual. Yesterday all 50 states had below freezing temperatures (even Hawaii -- of course that was a mountain top).

Perhaps it was more a function of Jet Blue's size, and not having enough reserve planes and crews available, compared to the much larger air line?

Don't know that -- just surmising.

Ray in NH -- have happily flown Jet Blue to Florida and California, from nasty New England :)

We have flown safely and relatively comfortably to Florida many times on Jet Blue and hope to continue doing so. :)

Ray........ You might be surprised to read that Jet Blue is the largest carrier at Boston's Logan. They have grown here mightily.

We have flown safely and relatively comfortably to Florida many times on Jet Blue and hope to continue doing so. :)

Ray........ You might be surprised to read that Jet Blue is the largest carrier at Boston's Logan. They have grown here mightily.

Sail,

That doesn't surprise me at all. Logan is our home airport (most of the time). What I meant was on a national/international scale, the United's, USAir's, American's, Delta's have a larger overall pool, of personnel/equipment, from which they can draw to fill gaps, in discrete areas.

I was not slamming them, just hypothesizing.

Ray in NH

I saw a piece on the news today. JetBlue is now suffering a public relations nightmare. They are attempting to come up with a way to rehabilitate their image.

Apparently, cancelling operations while everyone else is flying doesn't go over well with impacted passengers. Stay tuned to see how they turn this mess into something that will appease the flying public.