Carry On Restrictions

SweetPease

Flying GA to Auckland. I know you are allowed one 62 inch checked bag weighing no more than 50 lbs. and a 20 lb carry on. Question - are you still allowed a personal item, i.e. laptop bag, purse, backpack, in addition? Thanks! Just trying to be efficient in packing. :p

Flying GA to Auckland. I know you are allowed one 62 inch checked bag weighing no more than 50 lbs. and a 20 lb carry on. Question - are you still allowed a personal item, i.e. laptop bag, purse, backpack, in addition? Thanks! Just trying to be efficient in packing. :p

Never been on an airline that does not permit a purse in addition to the carry on

but you would get better answers on the airline's website.

Thank you. Just trying to figure out if I can take a backpack and put the small wallet type purse I usually carry on a cruise in that along with other items. Will check airline website.

Air Tahiti Nui: 1 personal item plus 1 carryon (45 in / 22lbs). All Flights, All Services.

Perfect!! Thanks. Specifics are great!! Still trying to figure out Air NZ. Website says one thing, forum on TripAdvisor says it depends on domestic or international :confused:

There is normally a difference between domestic and international baggage allowances and don't forget that you more than likely will be on a different airline from your home town before connecting with Air New Zealand and you will need to comply with their requirements as well.

In addition, while airlines do have their rules, in practice, what you experience at the airport while boarding can, and often does vary from the printed rules. While the rules that will vary should not be more stringent than the printed rules, you never know when someone will stretch the rules against what is in print so be prepared for anything.

Also, don't forget that if you have a medical device carry-on or a computer/photo equipment, they do not count against the limits and normally you can board with more than the limits but, no guarantee on that.

That right on... the rules can go either way.

Case in point I was flying to LA recently and the flight was full. about 1/2 way through the boarding they said " no more carryons" that you can not put under your seat.

In your domestic flights this can happen due to a variety of reasons..