Seabourn video

Able Seaman H

Ahhhh,

but SB has a policy of no passenger images to be posted

Miss and Master W did a 'story" from antarctica for pax (using submitted photos) etc but it was clearly stated that "NOTHING" was to be shared….

Pat and Rosemary Keogh did an awesome job capturing images and teaching photography

I'd loved to have shared the footage we have here, but an agreement, albeit verbal, needed to be adhered to

Plus there is the issue of using music which needs to have rights paid for….

When I filmed the main video I was mindful not to get too many passengers in. A few made it but not many.

That said I'm not sure how you police people's holiday videos. There are lots of (pretty dreadful) offerings on youtube which feature fellow guests along with motion sickness inducing tours of the ship.

I'm thinking along the lines of helping people with their own private holiday (vacation) videos rather than a collective effort for the benefit of other passengers. I'm also keen to use video rather than still images and movement created at the editing stage.

The hope would be that people went home with a short film their family and friends couldn't believe they had made themselves.

Music is pretty straightforward. There are hundreds of thousands of royalty free tracks which can be used without charge.

Henry :)

Just to add I searched Pat and Rosemarie Keough

$5 and not 1, not 2 but 3 zeros for a book of pictures Wow ! $2,500 for the wooden stand on which to rest your $5,000 book, sorry tome.

H. :)

Able Seaman H I liked your video

I flicked through a few pages of that book which was on display on the Antarctica cruise on the Quest. I am certain there are photos from all over the world not just the Antarctica cruises

Seabourn did give us about 15 minutes of photos taken by Pat and Rosemarie on a memory stick of our cruise but it was very hard to see any faces of the passengers though

I would presume these photos would be very similar to the ones MrsWaldo was talking about. Correct MrsWaldo?

True Cat.

The only face images were staff or if you knew someone on the cruise was wearing lime green snow pants.

Maybe its a generational thing but IME most apple generation can do a very similar job… photographic eye and iMovie. Kids in Aus have media studies as a compulsory component in primary (elementary) visual arts.

Yes there might be an option but realistically its the type of thing best done after the event.

The lecture on the Tome was really interesting and the process to get it to press also quite unique. leather for the cover is hand chosen from a particular equatorial goat due to the hair and the reject leather is sent to gucci!

All proceeds go to an Albatross foundation so Keoghs get nothing….

The Jnr Waldos weren't planning on doing the "show" it was just that many pax had asked and they had the skills to put it together… and yes they did help a lot of others with their editing and compilation.

I guess I'm really not being as clear as I'd like to be… SB was quite concerned about the kids helping others.. apparently quite a few of their cruisers go Gaga (get my drift) if they have anything posted that identifies them as being on SB ;)

As you say Mrs W we younger children are more familiar with video as a tool. Actually when I was at art college the flying head editor we used to edit between 2 sources took up a whole room. I now have thousands of times the power in my MacBook :)

I think editing up a video whilst I board is quite a good pastime. Probably not on a short cruise of a week but on longer trips it fills in the time nicely and has the added benefit that if you are unhappy with any of the rushes you filmed it may be possible to re film them.

In many ways it's like painting only not as messy and you can put it down as and when you've had enough returning when you feel like it.

Even the kids still need to learn some basic skills which the iPhone doesn't teach. I saw plenty of video cameras capable of turning out good work when on Sojourn and even lots of guests with DSLR cameras more than able.

Just a though, part of the Seabourn Enrichment programme and something with a fairly broad appeal.

Edited by Able Seaman H

As you say Mrs W we younger children are more familiar with video as a tool. Actually when I was at art college the flying head editor we used to edit between 2 sources took up a whole room. I now have thousands of times the power in my MacBook :)

I think editing up a video whilst I board is quite a good pastime. Probably not on a short cruise of a week but on longer trips it fills in the time nicely and has the added benefit that if you are unhappy with any of the rushes you filmed it may be possible to re film them.

In many ways it's like painting only not as messy and you can put it down as and when you've had enough returning when you feel like it.

Even the kids still need to learn some basic skills which the iPhone doesn't teach. I saw plenty of video cameras capable of turning out good work when on Sojourn and even lots of guests with DSLR cameras more than able.

Just a though, part of the Seabourn Enrichment programme and something with a fairly broad appeal.

In the classroom we use 3 cameras (for angles and shots) maybe its different down under but a key part of our English program is learning and understanding the role of angles , closeup, focus etc.to impart meaning in the text. This is done with 10/11 and 12 years olds

The kids then need to meld these together to come up with their film..

This is one of the many outlets they can then share their film at..

http://www.sydneyregionarts.nsw.edu.au/public-speaking-debating/film-by-the-sea

I agree with your thoughts….

True Cat.

The only face images were staff or if you knew someone on the cruise was wearing lime green snow pants.

I guess I'm really not being as clear as I'd like to be… SB was quite concerned about the kids helping others.. apparently quite a few of their cruisers go Gaga (get my drift) if they have anything posted that identifies them as being on SB ;)

There are many reasons someone not associated with the photographer might not want their images being posted in a public forum, whether they are sailing on Seabourn or are anywhere else in the world.

There are many reasons someone not associated with the photographer might not want their images being posted in a public forum, whether they are sailing on Seabourn or are anywhere else in the world.

Very true…. it just that was the reason given by SB re non publishing of the images…

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2009/jun/11/smith-family-photo-czech-advertisement

:D

Ahhhh,

but SB has a policy of no passenger images to be posted

Miss and Master W did a 'story" from antarctica for pax (using submitted photos) etc but it was clearly stated that "NOTHING" was to be shared….

Pat and Rosemary Keogh did an awesome job capturing images and teaching photography

I'd loved to have shared the footage we have here, but an agreement, albeit verbal, needed to be adhered to

Plus there is the issue of using music which needs to have rights paid for….

Interesting, as from what I was made aware of some of my images were used in SB presentations on the ship, and further one of my images was given to every passenger on the ship. I'm not going to comment on passengers who won't share but wheres the thumbs down emoticon when you need one?

You've lost me there Henry

I was suggesting it's unlikely a supermarket owner in Kazakhstan would use any of your selfies or raid your facebook profile picture :)

However a finely chiselled specimen such as my good self...... ;)

On a more serious note we've recently gone through the whole social media battle with Emily. Her peers live on the various sites so abstention is not an option but I hope we have instilled some degree of awareness.

What will be scary is when searching images using recognition software becomes routine.

How things have changed since you were a child Henry.

What's wrong with a hoop and a stick and the excitement of a tangerine and a walnut in your stocking at Christmas time.

To this day I have no idea how Father Christmas expected me to open the walnuts. Fortunately we had very similar ones in a bowl on the dining room table so I just popped them in there.