Springhill Suites - FLL Airport

Traci1960

We booked this hotel for our pre-cruise stay from OTEL.COM (NOT Hotel.com) We had a bunch of issues with this online company, but so far they say we are confirmed for late January. Got the suite for around $150 instead of $300 (VERY PRICEY)

Has anybody stayed here recently? The address is 151 SW 18th Court. IS this near the desirable 17th street hotels, eateries, etc?

What resteraunts are nearby? How is the complimentary Breakfast? Shuttles to pier?

I would love to hear about your experience there?

It is not near SE 17th St in Fort Lauderdale. This hotel is in Dania Beach south of the port and airport. It is walking distance to Oakwood Plaza, which has a bunch of discount stores and chain restaurants...the best one is Ale House. It's also walking distance to Las Vegas Cuban.

Edited by royalcruz

Complimentary breakfast is fine, a fair amount of choice including the possibility of making your own waffles. The breakfast area is very small so seating can be difficult at busy times. And the tableware is all of the disposable variety, i.e. paper plates and cups and plastic cutlery.

When we were there (December 2012) they offered a free shuttle to the port which you had to book with reception. We took advantage of it and it worked fine. They had separate shuttles for different ships.

We ate one night at the Ale House and another night at TGI Fridays. It took us a good 15 minutes to walk there and we are able-bodied with no mobility issues. Just something to bear in mind if anyone in your party is not so able to walk.

We booked this hotel for our pre-cruise stay from OTEL.COM (NOT Hotel.com) We had a bunch of issues with this online company, but so far they say we are confirmed for late January. Got the suite for around $150 instead of $300 (VERY PRICEY)

Has anybody stayed here recently? The address is 151 SW 18th Court. IS this near the desirable 17th street hotels, eateries, etc?

What resteraunts are nearby? How is the complimentary Breakfast? Shuttles to pier?

I would love to hear about your experience there?

We are also staying at this hotel late January (1/31-Celebrity Equinox). We chose it for the shuttles to hotel and port, free breakfast and reasonable rate. Should be fine for 1 night pre-cruise.

I have read both good and bad reviews- mostly saying it needs to be updated- which they have started . Lobby renovation should be done by the time we get there.

• 1 month later...

We are staying in this hotel pre-cruise also in April. Seeing as if it's only for the 1 night it's not too much to worry about, but we have already changed our hotel once with the travel agent. The hotel we had been given previously had the WORST reviews and pictures included rats and cockroaches in rooms. :O

My family of five stayed there for three nights in December 2012. It was a decent hotel for the five of us before our cruise. The breakfast was good. The price we got it for was good, but definitely not worth $300. The room was clean and good-sized. Free bottled water in the gym. Staff was nice. Kind of out if the way from downtown Ft Luderdale. All in all, it wasn't a deluxe hotel but good for before a cruise.

Hope you enjoy your vacation!

• 2 weeks later...

We and another couple stayed here recently. We enjoyed our per cruise night at Spring Hill suites. The free van from airport to hotel and the next morning to the port was a big plus. Room was very nice and breakfast buffet was more than we expected!

We would definitely stay here again.

We and another couple stayed here recently. We enjoyed our per cruise night at Spring Hill suites. The free van from airport to hotel and the next morning to the port was a big plus. Room was very nice and breakfast buffet was more than we expected!

We would definitely stay here again.

Agree, we stayed there pre cruise in January and staying there again precruise 3/1. Beds were very comfortable and the pillows were the best I have ever had in a hotel:).

We'll be staying at this hotel in early March. Does their airport shuttle make regular runs, or do you call from the airport when you're ready to be picked up? Thanks!

We had to call when we stayed there a couple of years ago. I'd call them to confirm.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this thread. I'm thinking about booking this place pre-cruise for our POM cruise. Glad to hear most people liked it.

Anymore people that have stayed here?

Did you find that everything was within walking distance? When I looked it up on google earth, it looked like there's a shopping center across the street. However, I couldn't tell if it's pedestrian "friendly" to get across it. Is there a grocery store over that way or somewhere you can purchase soda?

Agree, we stayed there pre cruise in January and staying there again precruise 3/1. Beds were very comfortable and the pillows were the best I have ever had in a hotel:).

We just stayed at a Springhill in Orlando and LOVED IT! we the shuttles complimentary or had a fee?

Do you remember what time the Cruiseport shuttle started at?

We just stayed at a Springhill in Orlando and LOVED IT! we the shuttles complimentary or had a fee?

Do you remember what time the Cruiseport shuttle started at?

There was no fee for the shuttles in Ft. Lauderdale. I'm pretty sure the first shuttle was at 10 or 10:30.