Newbie with Celebrity Eclipse Questions

dinansm3

Hello,

My wife and I are planing on doing the 14 day Exotic Southern Caribbean cruise this upcoming April. This will be her first cruise, I have been on a Royal Caribbean cruise once before. My question is if a Concierge Class stateroom is better vs a Veranda Class Stateroom? and would panorama or sky decks be better for a Concierge class room or a 1B, 1A or 1C better for a Veranda room better? Thank you very much

Lenny

Hi Lenny and welcome to Cruise Critic. You're sure to get the answers you're looking for here. This is my first Celebrity cruise so I'm afraid that I can't help with the cabin answers. :o

However, what date are you sailing? If its April 5, this is the link to our rollcall.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1628660

Come on over and join us!!

Wanda

Hello,

My wife and I are planing on doing the 14 day Exotic Southern Caribbean cruise this upcoming April. This will be her first cruise, I have been on a Royal Caribbean cruise once before. My question is if a Concierge Class stateroom is better vs a Veranda Class Stateroom? and would panorama or sky decks be better for a Concierge class room or a 1B, 1A or 1C better for a Veranda room better? Thank you very much

Lenny

Welcome to Cruise Critic! You've picked a great first cruise.

A concierge class stateroom will be exactly like a veranda stateroom. The only difference will be the extra things you get with a concierge class stateroom like extra Captain's Club points, better robes and towels, flowers, an expanded room service menu, footstools on the balcony. Personally, I wouldn't book concierge class stateroom on this ship unless the price were almost the same as a veranda. My preference is a 1A cabin on the slant off the hump. Close to the elevators. Mid ship. Larger balconies. The first and third cabins (counting away from the flat part of the hump) have the largest balconies.

What is the hump, you may ask. Look at the deck plans and you'll see two parts that stick out on the side. Those are the humps.

We've sailed this cruise twice and love, love, love it. You will have one of the best cruises ever, and we did it on Eclipse a year ago. Would be doing it this year but we switched to be with kids on Equinox on 4/5.

As stated, doesn't make much difference if you get a good price for veranda as opposed to concierge. Just a few more amenities. Hump cabins are still the best and we've been on decks 10 and 9 on Silhouette and Eclipse. Love being in between cabin decks, much quieter.

Whichever you choose you should not be disappointed. Eclipse is a beautiful ship and we have a wonderful crew.

Here's to smooth seas and good times.

Pat

Hi,

Well my husband and I never go to anything more than a 2C Veranda cabin...midships. And from what we have seen it is ,to us, a waste of money to go any higher. Last year, Nov, we did a Cabin Crawl and got to see upper decks cabins, Aqua, and Concierge. Most of those where the same as ours but had extras.! extra Captain's Club points, better robes and towels, flowers, an expanded room service menu, footstools on the balcony Some on the corner or humps where slightly bigger. Or had slightly bigger balconies.

But to us we are not bothered about the extras and we feel we can use the money to have a better cruise. After all you only sleep in them.

Brenda xx

It basically depends on the price break. Most of the extras are nothing but fluffs or superlatives to think you are really getting something extra.

A few of them are really nice but like stated in another post the extra money may be put to a better use.

.💨🍸🍻

You know what, though people have preferences really the rooms are all very similar. In terms of what is officially better, A is better than C. But a lot of people have their own opinions on these too. Just look under the sticky thread for any specific problems a cabin might have. But if it isn't there, you're probably fine.

A lot of people think that Concierge might be worth it if the difference is less than $100 per person, and I agree. On our last cruise that we booked the difference was only $15. The main perk is that the best locations tend to be Concierge. That's how we ended up with the first one. And I actually do like the fresh flowers, the priority embarkation, the bigger breakfast menu, and the afternoon canapes. Lots of people think the canapes are dumb, but I think they're fun and it's nice to munch on something when we go back to the room to change for dinner. Oh, and the champagne is nice too if you don't have a drink package. None of the perks are things that I would pay good money for, but definitely nice if it isn't too expensive.