Crown and Anchor "not so loyal"

[quote name='texasaggiemom'] I am one cruise away from Diamond Plus but every time I deal with crown and anchor I am aggravated! Sad for Royal Caribbean that actually does a good job but then all is lost when dealing with the loyalty program.[/quote]

BTW, since you were so unhappy with the drinks and the reception, you should send back the cabin discount you got. Something like $200, right?

That seems like a pretty strong perk even without the drinks. If you make it to D+, that discount goes to $225-250 for a balcony on the Navigator cruises.

I'm sure that the lack of reception and proper drinks is worth giving up that money.

Is it possible that your "friends" chose to go to the CL? I don't see Crown and Anchor separating you on purpose. We cruise with friends that are D+ and we're lowly D ... they come and join us in the DL and, if there isn't a DL, they either join us in the nightly party or we all just meet at a bar. I think there might be other issues here besides forced separation.

[quote name='jackaboo']I heard down the grapevine that Galveston will soon have a much bigger ship homeported there...

So hopefully you will be able to take a voyage with better facilities on board :D[/QUOTE]

The earliest will be 2015 after the Navigator leaves.
The larger ship is definitely in the port board discussions regarding the deepening and possible widening of the channel to the piers.

[quote name='Galveston Cruiser']The earliest will be 2015 after the Navigator leaves.
The larger ship is definitely in the port board discussions regarding the deepening and possible widening of the channel to the piers.[/quote]

Yes it should be April/May 2015

[quote name='alfaeric']That seems like a pretty strong perk even without the drinks. If you make it to D+, that discount goes to $225-250 for a balcony on the Navigator cruises.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind a bit if Royal got rid of the free booze and instead upped the balcony discount and/or added an oceanview/inside one. That's a benefit everyone could use and would reduce a lot of the complaining about the lounges.

[quote name='Galveston Cruiser']Rumor has it that it will be an Oasis or Quantum class.
This is from crew members.[/quote]I heard from a stair cleaner (on a ship whose identity I am not allowed to reveal) that RCI has a secret contact with an undisclosed shipyard for a class of ships bigger than Oasis. The Colossus of the Seas has been a very hush-hush project, but it will be launched in 2015, and homeported in Galveston.

Thom

[quote name='TravelerThom']I heard from a stair cleaner (on a ship whose identity I am not allowed to reveal) that RCI has a secret contact with an undisclosed shipyard for a class of ships bigger than Oasis. The Colossus of the Seas has been a very hush-hush project, but it will be launched in 2015, and homeported in Galveston.

Thom[/QUOTE]

Crew members were a much higher status than a stair cleaner:rolleyes:

[quote name='TravelerThom']I heard from a stair cleaner (on a ship whose identity I am not allowed to reveal) that RCI has a secret contact with an undisclosed shipyard for a class of ships bigger than Oasis. The Colossus of the Seas has been a very hush-hush project, but it will be launched in 2015, and homeported in Galveston.

Thom[/QUOTE]

lol I thought the same thing!!

[quote name='Galveston Cruiser']Rumor has it that it will be an Oasis or Quantum class.
This is from crew members.[/quote]
I'd put money on it NOT being Quantum or Anthem as their homeports are already announced and Galveston is not one of them. I would also put my money on Galveston not getting an Oasis Class ship unless someone is going to spend millions of dollars to build a brand new terminal to serve a ship that size.

I'd make a safer bet that it could be Freedom of the Seas once the 3rd Oasis Class ship allows one of them to be homeported in Port Canaveral at the brand new multi million dollar terminal that is currently under construction there.

Thom[/quote]
I hope they at least put a car rental agency on the ship that is open on Sunday!;)

[quote name='Eng23']I'd put money on it NOT being Quantum or Anthem as their homeports are already announced and Galveston is not one of them. I would also put my money on Galveston not getting an Oasis Class ship unless someone is going to spend millions of dollars to build a brand new terminal to serve a ship that size.

I'd make a safer bet that it could be Freedom of the Seas once the 3rd Oasis Class ship allows one of them to be homeported in Port Canaveral at the brand new multi million dollar terminal that is currently under construction there.[/QUOTE]

All indications are that it will be the Freedom, although it will not be confirmed until Galveston definitively agrees to upgrade/enlarge their port facilities. What all that means is that they are in negotiations at this time. Another rumor is that if Galveston does not agree on upgrades RCI will follow Princess and Norwegian to Houston Bayport. I hope not, but that is a word on the street in Galveston.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

[quote name='rraider1961']All indications are that it will be the Freedom, although it will not be confirmed until Galveston definitively agrees to upgrade/enlarge their port facilities. What all that means is that they are in negotiations at this time. Another rumor is that if Galveston does not agree on upgrades RCI will follow Princess and Norwegian to Houston Bayport. I hope not, but that is a word on the street in Galveston.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

Not word on the street in Galveston, maybe Nacogdoches:)
The port has committed more than $10 million in renovations at the RCI pier.
This has announced months ago. Port board meeting minutes also reference a much larger ship as the need to deepen and widen the port area.
Princess went to Houston/Bayport for the $ 6-8 million Houston offered them - for a 6 month contract:eek: Bayport makes no money off NCL or Princess. Doesn't seem like sound business practices to me.

Princess wanted Galveston to pay them to dock here, with only a 6 month contract. Galveston told them to take a hike! Don't see them lasting in Bayport either once they are not paid to dock there.

As far as car rental - I have fought this for years. Enterprise is a franchise and Hertz did not return after Ike. I feel both are bad corporate decisions.

[quote name='dfishner']I can think of many reasons not to cruise on a certain line, bad service, horrible food, lack of activities but not having a diamond lounge is not one of them. If a ship does not have a diamond lounge what were you expecting then and what did you want RCL to do? a little research prior to your cruise would of made you realize NOS does not have one.

We cruise for the on board experience yes having a diamond lounge makes the experience a bit more enjoyable but it is not the end all if a ship does not have one. And as many other posters have wrote RCL is adding them to all their ships except Majesty so that problem will be solved. I am having a hard time understanding what your issue is or am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Have to agree here Dale. I could say more but won't.

[quote name='PattyG12']Is it possible that your "friends" chose to go to the CL? I don't see Crown and Anchor separating you on purpose. We cruise with friends that are D+ and we're lowly D ... they come and join us in the DL and, if there isn't a DL, they either join us in the nightly party or we all just meet at a bar. I think there might be other issues here besides forced separation.[/QUOTE]

I have to stick up for texasaggiemom - after all, us Aggies have to stick together...LOL. We are also D and 1 cruise away from D+ and were on the 12/8 & 12/22 Navigator cruise. We all knew there was no DL when we booked this cruise, that wasn't the problem. The LA, Concierge or who ever is in charge of notifying the D, D+ and P members of their benefits was really lacking with giving out information, at least to the Diamond members. Since there was no DL on the Navigator and to handle the over 300 D, D+ & P members on board, there were 3 lounges opened to handle the overflow. The Cloud Nine and Seven Hearts on Deck 14 and the Ixtapa Lounge on Deck 5 and of course the CL was open to D+ & P members. We have been on several ships without a DL & on the Mariner when Cleopatra's was used, for everyone, instead of the DL to handle the large number of members last Dec. In the past when these lounges were open D, D+ & P had the option to go to any of the lounges that were open for the overflow. Herein lies the problem, when D members tried to enter the lounges on Deck 14 they were stopped at the door and informed that they could not enter, they could only go to the Ixtapa Lounge. It was more of the attitude and the way in which the D members were informed that caused the problems. There were 2 concierges on board, one in the CL and the other stayed in lounges on Deck 14, never once did she step foot into the Diamond area. I don't know what happened to all the D members, over 200 on board, but there were never more than a dozen people in the Ixtapa Lounge. Since we only drink wine, this lounge was fine with us and our friends, except our D+ friends eventually only visited the Deck 14 lounges mainly because the snacks were so much better up stairs, mixed drinks were served and there was a beautiful view. Towards the end of the week our bartenders informed us that they were moving the D people back upstairs for the 1/22 sailing.

The 2nd week (22nd sailing) we were on board we received a letter in our cabin stating that the Nightly Diamond, Diamond+, Pinnacle event would be held in the Cloud Nine and Seven Hearts Lounges on Deck 14. So, Sun night we head up to the lounges, show are cards at the door and start to enter when we are pulled back and told, "you can't go in there"!! I mentioned that we had received a letter telling us this was where the nightly event was being held. We were then informed that the Diamonds were only allowed into the Viking Crown Lounge and that the CN & SH Lounges were for D+ and P only. She then told me I should go down to the LA and have her retype my letter showing the correct Lounge (all Diamonds received the same letter). Again, we were fine with having our nightly event in the Viking Crown Lounge, after all, it is a gorgeous lounge and the view, the best - but we did miss meeting new D+& P's on these 2 cruises. It was just the way we were told and treated by the people checking cards. Then, on Wed night we are informed that the Mystery Dinner was being held in the Viking Crown and that they needed our chairs to set up for the dinner that started at 6:30. Honestly, I don't know what happened when the dinner started because at this point, we were tired of being kicked around and decided to leave and go to the show.

Don't get me wrong, we really appreciate the free nightly event and think it is wonderful and I do believe that D+ and P. deserve more benefits than D, in the past I can honestly say as Diamond we have always been made to feel special and appreciated, lets just say we were not WOWED. It is just that we have had such great times meeting D+ and P members in the lounges on other cruises, some are now are best friends and we now cruise together several times a year. I really think that once the DL is added to the Navigator this will solve the problems, hopefully. But just wonder what they will do if there is a high number of top C&A members on board after the renovation. The Cloud Nine and Seven Hearts lounges will no longer be available for overflow since they are being turned into the Izumi, Asian restaurant and Viking Crown will become a night club.

No matter what, Galveston is our home port and we are thrilled that the Navigator will be ported here year round, at least until May 2015, and we plan to sail on her as often as possible. Just hoping we have the WOW factor on our next NOS cruise!

[quote name='golfpccc']I have to stick up for texasaggiemom - after all, us Aggies have to stick together...LOL. We are also D and 1 cruise away from D+ and were on the 12/8 & 12/22 Navigator cruise. We all knew there was no DL when we booked this cruise, that wasn't the problem. The LA, Concierge or who ever is in charge of notifying the D, D+ and P members of their benefits was really lacking with giving out information, at least to the Diamond members. Since there was no DL on the Navigator and to handle the over 300 D, D+ & P members on board, there were 3 lounges opened to handle the overflow. The Cloud Nine and Seven Hearts on Deck 14 and the Ixtapa Lounge on Deck 5 and of course the CL was open to D+ & P members. We have been on several ships without a DL & on the Mariner when Cleopatra's was used, for everyone, instead of the DL to handle the large number of members last Dec. In the past when these lounges were open D, D+ & P had the option to go to any of the lounges that were open for the overflow. Herein lies the problem, when D members tried to enter the lounges on Deck 14 they were stopped at the door and informed that they could not enter, they could only go to the Ixtapa Lounge. It was more of the attitude and the way in which the D members were informed that caused the problems. There were 2 concierges on board, one in the CL and the other stayed in lounges on Deck 14, never once did she step foot into the Diamond area. I don't know what happened to all the D members, over 200 on board, but there were never more than a dozen people in the Ixtapa Lounge. Since we only drink wine, this lounge was fine with us and our friends, except our D+ friends eventually only visited the Deck 14 lounges mainly because the snacks were so much better up stairs, mixed drinks were served and there was a beautiful view. Towards the end of the week our bartenders informed us that they were moving the D people back upstairs for the 1/22 sailing.

The 2nd week (22nd sailing) we were on board we received a letter in our cabin stating that the Nightly Diamond, Diamond+, Pinnacle event would be held in the Cloud Nine and Seven Hearts Lounges on Deck 14. So, Sun night we head up to the lounges, show are cards at the door and start to enter when we are pulled back and told, "you can't go in there"!! I mentioned that we had received a letter telling us this was where the nightly event was being held. We were then informed that the Diamonds were only allowed into the Viking Crown Lounge and that the CN & SH Lounges were for D+ and P only. She then told me I should go down to the LA and have her retype my letter showing the correct Lounge (all Diamonds received the same letter). Again, we were fine with having our nightly event in the Viking Crown Lounge, after all, it is a gorgeous lounge and the view, the best - but we did miss meeting new D+& P's on these 2 cruises. It was just the way we were told and treated by the people checking cards. Then, on Wed night we are informed that the Mystery Dinner was being held in the Viking Crown and that they needed our chairs to set up for the dinner that started at 6:30. Honestly, I don't know what happened when the dinner started because at this point, we were tired of being kicked around and decided to leave and go to the show.

Don't get me wrong, we really appreciate the free nightly event and think it is wonderful and I do believe that D+ and P. deserve more benefits than D, in the past I can honestly say as Diamond we have always been made to feel special and appreciated, lets just say we were not WOWED. It is just that we have had such great times meeting D+ and P members in the lounges on other cruises, some are now are best friends and we now cruise together several times a year. I really think that once the DL is added to the Navigator this will solve the problems, hopefully. But just wonder what they will do if there is a high number of top C&A members on board after the renovation. The Cloud Nine and Seven Hearts lounges will no longer be available for overflow since they are being turned into the Izumi, Asian restaurant and Viking Crown will become a night club.

No matter what, Galveston is our home port and we are thrilled that the Navigator will be ported here year round, at least until May 2015, and we plan to sail on her as often as possible. Just hoping we have the WOW factor on our next NOS cruise![/QUOTE]

Well said!

[quote name='golfpccc']...I really think that once the DL is added to the Navigator this will solve the problems, hopefully. But just wonder what they will do if there is a high number of top C&A members on board after the renovation...[/quote]Based on how it functions on other ships with an overflowing DL, you will be back in Ixtapa, functioning as a Diamond Lounge/Club with bar service and hot hors d' oeuvres (not as a Diamond Event). If you ask why they couldn't do that all along, I'll answer that there is no reason I can think of except that's the rules - and I don't make the rules:cool:

enjoy you "new" Navigator
Thom

[quote name='Galveston Cruiser']Not word on the street in Galveston, maybe Nacogdoches:)
The port has committed more than $10 million in renovations at the RCI pier.
This has announced months ago. Port board meeting minutes also reference a much larger ship as the need to deepen and widen the port area.
Princess went to Houston/Bayport for the $ 6-8 million Houston offered them - for a 6 month contract:eek: Bayport makes no money off NCL or Princess. Doesn't seem like sound business practices to me.

Princess wanted Galveston to pay them to dock here, with only a 6 month contract. Galveston told them to take a hike! Don't see them lasting in Bayport either once they are not paid to dock there.

As far as car rental - I have fought this for years. Enterprise is a franchise and Hertz did not return after Ike. I feel both are bad corporate decisions.[/quote]
Galveston will need more than just pier upgrades and channel dredging to acomodate anything larger than a Freedom Class ship. I don't think the current terminal could handle 5,000 to 6,000 passengers. $10 million isn't going to get pier upgrades and a new terminal. The project in Port Canaveral is costing around $85 million for a new pier and passenger terminal to accomodate a 5,000+ passenger ship.

[quote name='TravelerThom']If you ask why they couldn't do that all along, I'll answer that there is no reason I can think of except that's the rules - and I don't make the rules:cool:
[/quote]

Just a hunch, but my guess would be that ships with a DL have a dedicated concierge who has the time to set up the overflow if needed. The LA runs the D event on the other ships. It's hard enough getting a second with the LA, let alone having them manage a full scale D lounge type event. Again, just a guess.