What do you put in your carry on?

cruisentn

You will find

Change of underwear - airlines have been known to misplace luggage

A razor acceptable to the airline and a tooth brush

A book, actually several now that I use an e reader

2 bottles of wine after I get off the plane

All my travel documents that have been made into a book.

My hearing aids

Hard candy to munch on

My Tilly hat and normally hers as well

You will never find

A cell phone

Edited by Gunner22aa

There is a very simple uncomplicated answer to this question. Anything that you can absolutely never ever take a chance of loosing goes into the carry on. In my case, it is important papers, my meds, my electronic and my photo equipment.

Everything else goes into the suitcases. However, we do cross pack so that some of my stuff is in my wife's suitcase and visa versa. If we packed all of my stuff in one suitcase, I might have to go naked or wear my embark cloths for the entire trip. That would be a hoot although I do not think that my fellow cruisers would appreciate it.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

cruise documents

id/passport

swimsuit

sunglasses

sunscreen

change of clothes (including undergarments)

camera/charger

phone and charger

perscriptions/meds

wine

reuseable water bottle/cup to refill daily as needed

hat

book/magazines

sense of humor and a laid back attitude

ps--keys or combinations to the locks on your checked luggage and your vehicle keys as well.

All my valuables and electronics. I'm almost always flying to a cruise, so depending on the airline's baggage policy and whether it has a connecting flight (more chance of luggage going astray) I may have reams of stuff in my carryon like lots of heavy stuff like shoes, definitely several changes of clothes.

If I'm going from cold to hot, I'll always put lightweight clothes and a swimsuit in my carryon, so I can enjoy my new destination right away. Sometimes the cruiseline takes hours to deliver your case to your cabin. First time arriving January in Mauritius it took Costa 5 hours. I could not go out that day because the clothes I had with me were far too warm for the climate.

On my next cruise I'm flying Emirates so have a great checked baggage allowance but a restriction in size and weight for cabin bag and am only allowed one. So I'll have documents, money, cards, IPad, kindle, jewellrey, camera, sunglasses, and a change of clothing and shoes (going from Scottish winter to middles eastern winter, so will definitely need to get out of my winter woollies as soon as I arrive at Dubai)