Best Celebrity/ Millionaire Home Tour?

hclkm1984

My husband and I are going on the Carnival Breeze out of Miami on March 1 and we are flying in a day early. We were hoping to do a tour of million dollar homes in the area but wasn't sure which one would be the best. I know you can just drive around Star Island on your own, but wondered if maybe any tours covered this part of Miami. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you :)

My husband and I are going on the Carnival Breeze out of Miami on March 1 and we are flying in a day early. We were hoping to do a tour of million dollar homes in the area but wasn't sure which one would be the best. I know you can just drive around Star Island on your own, but wondered if maybe any tours covered this part of Miami. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you :)

\

Million dollar homes are in every sub division. You mean the twenty million dollar plus homes?

You can't see any of the houses really by driving on Star Island except for the Hochstein's tear down because of the massive hedges and gates. There is a cruise that leaves from Bayside that lets you see the homes by water.

We took a boat tour . I don't remember the name of the company but it was at the marina in Bayside Marketplace. Took you around all the really nice houses even the one they used for Scarface and you cruised passed all the cruiseships. We really enjoyed it.

We did the "Ducks" tour which took you around S Beach area and the islands a few years ago. We had a funny "guide" who added to the trip. Some I hear are a little too cheesy.;)

From Bayside you can get the water only tour. Haven't heard any complaints from those we know that did that.

There is a Travelzoo.com deal for $19 for the Thriller boat ride from Bayside. I would't pay full price for it, but I purchased one of these deals a while ago for my fiance and myself, and it was a fun time being a tourist in my hometown. They toured us around Star Island, however there are many other areas in both Miami and Fort Lauderdale that are saturated with multi-million dollar homes!

http://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals/Miami/Other/93345/Thriller-Miami-Speedboat-Adventures

Last week, Rosie O'Donnell was a guest on one of the local radio morning shows, and she said that she is selling her house on Star Island because she is tired of all the tour boats everyday!

Edited by brunello22

There is a Travelzoo.com deal for $19 for the Thriller boat ride from Bayside. I would't pay full price for it, but I purchased one of these deals a while ago for my fiance and myself, and it was a fun time being a tourist in my hometown. They toured us around Star Island, however there are many other areas in both Miami and Fort Lauderdale that are saturated with multi-million dollar homes!

http://www.travelzoo.com/local-deals/Miami/Other/93345/Thriller-Miami-Speedboat-Adventures

Last week, Rosie O'Donnell was a guest on one of the local radio morning shows, and she said that she is selling her house on Star Island because she is tired of all the tour boats everyday!

I don't know why those celebs don't live down Old Cutler. It is much prettier and tourists don't know about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Never really cared for Rosie...and this makes me like her even less! It's us, the people on the tour boats, who have helped her get to where she is today! She needs to remember....we all go to the bathroom the same way! 😡. She's no better than any of us! Richer? Yup! But no better!

To the OP....I had fun on the Duck tour the last time I was there! It's cheesy...but heck, that's what Duck Tours do best!!