Interview with Heike Berdos

tgg

I've read your post here and am not fully understanding your complaint. Since I'd like to help, maybe you can elaborate? Does it have something to do with Heike? Or is it the case of a future cruise discount certificate not being honored? If the latter, any specific reason?

Hi Bonnie,

We actually met in August 2014 at the CC meet and greet on Azamara Journey.

"Does it have something to do with Heike?"

NO!

As I said ... "We experienced Heike's expertise in her field on our last cruise in November. She is an excellent Hotel Director, a consummate professional.:):)"

... definitely no problem there!

We had a number of issues in November and on 25 November, two days before the cruise ended, we received a letter from Heike to the effect that we would receive a future cruise discount certificate from the shore side office within 30 days. Instructions were to contact shore side if the future cruise discount certificate had not arrived.

"Or is it the case of a future cruise discount certificate not being honored?"

AT THIS STAGE, NOT SO MUCH NOT HONOURED, BUT JUST PLAIN NOT ARRIVED WELL OUTSIDE THE EXPECTED TIME FRAME

We were away over Christmas, so 49 days elapsed with no contact from Azamara before I sent a detailed email rather than phone either Miami or United Kingdom

(we live in Australia, so phoning either of those places is not an easy task given time differences between hemispheres).

The first response to my email directed me to contact a different email address, which I did.

An automated response from that address indicated there would be a 21 day delay before I should expect response from a person.

I then telephoned the (Australian) number in the automated email response ... and had a conversation during which the Azamara representative demanded more information (which I provided) ... and a copy of Heike's letter.

I had photographed the letter on the day we received it and sent it via email following the request.

Last communication was another automated response, again indicating it would be another 21 days before I could expect to hear from a person.

By that time we will have lost more than two of the twelve month viability period, so we are rather disillusioned at this point in time.

Hope now it is clearer for you.

Hi Bonnie,

We actually met in August 2014 at the CC meet and greet on Azamara Journey.

"Does it have something to do with Heike?"

NO!

As I said ... "We experienced Heike's expertise in her field on our last cruise in November. She is an excellent Hotel Director, a consummate professional.:):)"

... definitely no problem there!

We had a number of issues in November and on 25 November, two days before the cruise ended, we received a letter from Heike to the effect that we would receive a future cruise discount certificate from the shore side office within 30 days. Instructions were to contact shore side if the future cruise discount certificate had not arrived.

"Or is it the case of a future cruise discount certificate not being honored?"

AT THIS STAGE, NOT SO MUCH NOT HONOURED, BUT JUST PLAIN NOT ARRIVED WELL OUTSIDE THE EXPECTED TIME FRAME

We were away over Christmas, so 49 days elapsed with no contact from Azamara before I sent a detailed email rather than phone either Miami or United Kingdom

(we live in Australia, so phoning either of those places is not an easy task given time differences between hemispheres).

The first response to my email directed me to contact a different email address, which I did.

An automated response from that address indicated there would be a 21 day delay before I should expect response from a person.

I then telephoned the (Australian) number in the automated email response ... and had a conversation during which the Azamara representative demanded more information (which I provided) ... and a copy of Heike's letter.

I had photographed the letter on the day we received it and sent it via email following the request.

Last communication was another automated response, again indicating it would be another 21 days before I could expect to hear from a person.

By that time we will have lost more than two of the twelve month viability period, so we are rather disillusioned at this point in time.

Hope now it is clearer for you.

I'll see if I can't get some human attention for you! No one should be subjected to a series of automated responses; I'm really sorry about that.

I'll probably need you to email our LCV ambassador, Nicole, so that she or someone in our Customer Service Department can pull up your records. Her email address is: LCVAmbassador@LeClubVoyage.com