Yikes! Just Booked Vision ~ Spanish Immersion!

maxs mom

This cruise sounds awsome!!! Please tell me you'll keep us up to date with a "live from..." or some kind of review with pictures.... (not sure if this had been previously mentioned)... (if so, I'm sorry for not reading all the previous posts):(:(:(

Con....what is frikandel and bitterbal? I'm all about trying new foods and drink!!

It's a snack we eat a lot over here in Holland.

http://www.mora.nl/242/producten/snacks/frikandellen/frikandel-5-stuks.html

http://www.mora.nl/476/producten/mini-snacks/bitterballen/rundvleesbitterbal.html

Trial bitter balls at their best! The Mora Bitter balls have a crispy crust and are filled with tender beef. Delicious with mustard or another dipping sauce. Surprise visit or suddenly delicacies You put the bitter balls quickly on the table; also out of the oven they are wonderfully crispy. Delicious Mora croquettes with drinks

Here are two links to a site where you can see what they are. Try them when you are at Spice Beach.

If you get Lenuta as your dinner server, you will be getting one of the best servers RCI has IMHO! Absolutely on top of everything with a very ready wit and a real smile.

You can find her in the review linked in my sig. She was a big time WoW card winner last February.

This cruise sounds awsome!!! Please tell me you'll keep us up to date with a "live from..." or some kind of review with pictures.... (not sure if this had been previously mentioned)... (if so, I'm sorry for not reading all the previous posts):(:(:(

Oh .....have no fear! I always do a diary type review with lots of pictures after every cruise. Look for it at the end of February!!

Con....Thanks for that information! Looks good!

Darkwolf.....Had a good time reading through your review. Your pictures are amazing. I hope I will have some interesting things to report when we get back!

Edited by max'smom

Hi Everyone!

Just booked a B2B on Vision Feb 8th and 15th out of Colon. Not many CCer's around for those two! Got great rates on a JS. Love those islands! Maybe we will be speaking fluent Spanish at the end of the two weeks like those guys on the Volkswagon commercial! LOL!!

Anybody been on this cruise and have any advice?

Jane & John

Great news , have a fab time .

Bryce x

Oh .....have no fear! I always do a diary type review with lots of pictures after every cruise. Look for it at the end of February!!

.......and your reviews are the best IMHO

Have a great time!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

almost emersion cruises, not full emersion ones, get ready, but but they are fun, I do believe the Latinos have more fun. We really enjoyed the change from the norm of a cruise It WAS FUN.

Glad to know! We have been on many cruises out of San Juan and they were all the BEST! Looking forward to a lot of fun on this one!

I was with my daughter, she does not speak Spanish, and neither do I.

She had French in school, and we are both well travelled, so, we did manage - few laughs along the way.

She had her daily newletter in Spanish, me in English so we could try and figure one out - then see if we had things right or wrong (wrong more often than I should admit.

Our table mates were from Sweden and British Columbia, so we all had a few laughs on our interpretations.

Some things because you are and experienced RC traveller will be the same - and our server could not speak anything in Spanish - he said - sorry not my language - other than a few words - good for us, we managed to eat well!!

you will have a great time!

almost emersion cruises, not full emersion ones, get ready, but but they are fun, I do believe the Latinos have more fun. We really enjoyed the change from the norm of a cruise It WAS FUN.

....and the Brazilians LOVE to PARTY.......the ones we had on our cruise live like it's no tomorrow....

Now' date=' Dave......you know you will have to take a break some time!![/size']

True. And I have a brand spanking new Galaxy Note tablet (2014 edition) so when DS shows up to visit at the end of January he will set the thing up properly so I can browse efficiently. He is a techie at CNBC and can make gadgets jump thru hoops.:)

We did this cruise a few spring breaks ago. I enjoyed going to some not so congested islands.

Panama was an interesting city, but "myfriendmario" stiffed us on a panama canal transit...so I'm not one to recommend them.

The Spanish part wasn't a huge deal for us since we lived in Miami...so we had already experienced immersion :)

The tango show was really good!

Edited by seaofwonder

We did this cruise a few spring breaks ago. I enjoyed going to some not so congested islands.

Panama was an interesting city, but "myfriendmario" stiffed us on a panama canal transit...so I'm not one to recommend them.

The Spanish part wasn't a huge deal for us since we lived in Miami...so we had already experienced immersion :)

Thanks for your comments! Since we lived in Mexico City for two years....I feel the same way. Will look for the Tango Show!

What means the word Stiffed? I have cann't translate it to dutch.

I was on this cruise 2 years ago and it ranks up in the top 2 or 3 I have ever done. The people were so friendly on the ship and we all just laughed at dinner and found a way to commucate. There were 3 of us at a table for 12 which they added a chair to for the odd number. That was the highlight of a wonderful cruise, meeting each night and overcoming the language barrier and just visiting.

On My Friend Mario, we had the same experince of them being a no show for our excursion planned in Panama City. They called the hotel a few minutes before we were to be picked up and said the boat going through the canal had needed to leave earlier and they could not get us in time. We were staying in a hotel at the entrance to the canal and saw the boat go by later. There was standing room only. So my guess was they overbooked and we got stuck being left behind. The good news was that we had not prepaid. We ended up going to the Miraflores locks on our own and it was better than doing the crowded boat. So my advice is to find someone else for any excursions. We found people on the cruise that had encountered the same thing with them.