Yikes! Just Booked Vision ~ Spanish Immersion!

maxs mom

Jane -- looking forward to your review. We do the ABC Islands on EX out of Port C in December.

Are you getting the wintry mix in NC? Or just snow? Everything is closing down here in SC including the SC Legislature in Columbia as they are getting snow.

Hey Sherri......Will definitely give a good report on the ABC Islands. We'll be hitting them twice in the two weeks.

Expecting snow later today. They are dismissing schools 3 hour early. We won't be getting as much as folks in the eastern part of the state. I would imagine you would be getting a healthy dose of the stuff.

Hey Sherri......Will definitely give a good report on the ABC Islands. We'll be hitting them twice in the two weeks.

Expecting snow later today. They are dismissing schools 3 hour early. We won't be getting as much as folks in the eastern part of the state. I would imagine you would be getting a healthy dose of the stuff.

Snow is a four letter word.

Forecast for south Florida is high 70s and sunny. If we ever get snow down here then the next mini ice age is here, just like the 1600s when the Hudson River was iced over and Europe couldn't get resupply ships to the colonies in the NY area for months.

Hi Everyone!

Just booked a B2B on Vision Feb 8th and 15th out of Colon. Not many CCer's around for those two! Got great rates on a JS. Love those islands! Maybe we will be speaking fluent Spanish at the end of the two weeks like those guys on the Volkswagon commercial! LOL!!

Anybody been on this cruise and have any advice?

Lucky You! Have fun on your cruises. Wish I was going. :)

Edited by deetrayn

[QUOTE=max'smom;41469774][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]Hey Sherri......Will definitely give a good report on the ABC Islands. We'll be hitting them twice in the two weeks.

Expecting snow later today. They are dismissing schools 3 hour early. We won't be getting as much as folks in the eastern part of the state. I would imagine you would be getting a healthy dose of the stuff. [/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]Will look forward to your report. We have been to Curacao but not since the 1970's but not to Aruba or Bonaire. Great way to see them -- twice in 2 weeks.

Are both of your cruises Spanish Immersion?

It's raining now but predicted to turn to wintry mix around midnight then snow around 6 AM. DD, SIL and triplets live in Charleston and they are getting more ice. Hope none of us loose power. We all raided Publix for food that does not need cooking and flashlights just in case. Hope you did not get too much snow

[QUOTE=max'smom;41263276][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]Hi Everyone!

Just booked a B2B on Vision Feb 8th and 15th out of Colon. Not many CCer's around for those two! Got great rates on a JS. Love those islands! Maybe we will be speaking fluent Spanish at the end of the two weeks like those guys on the Volkswagon commercial! LOL!!

Anybody been on this cruise and have any advice? [/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

A few years ago tried it, different ship when we sailed but same cruise. We had fun and didn't pick up much Spanish. Found much of the crew happy yo chat with Americans.

Had two family suites to share among ten of us. Lots of fun for the kids and adults alike.

I'd not worry too much about it being an immersion cruise it's still a blast.

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]Sherri......yes...both weeks are Spanish Immersion. We got about an inch and a half of snow. Still everything is shut down around here!! We've been to Aruba and Curacao many, many times. Will visit a new Beach Club that I've heard abut in Aruba the first week. If it's great, then we will go back there the second week. If not.....we'll go to our favorite spot on Eagle Beach. I'm always looking for new beaches that the crowds don't go to!!

Rancher Dave.....Thanks so much for your comments! We are really looking forward to this. Hope to make a lot of friends among the crew!![/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=max'smom;41483494][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]Sherri......yes...both weeks are Spanish Immersion. We got about an inch and a half of snow. Still everything is shut down around here!! We've been to Aruba and Curacao many, many times. Will visit a new Beach Club that I've heard abut in Aruba the first week. If it's great, then we will go back there the second week. If not.....we'll go to our favorite spot on Eagle Beach. I'm always looking for new beaches that the crowds don't go to!!

Rancher Dave.....Thanks so much for your comments! We are really looking forward to this. Hope to make a lot of friends among the crew!![/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]Jane -- we got a little ice and the roads were drivable but many things including County Govt. was shut down. Charleston was worse because of the bridges and they got more ice. But we did not loose power.

I'm looking forward to hearing about the new Beach Club in Aruba and Eagle Beach if you end up there the second week.

[quote name='SherriZ366']Jane -- we got a little ice and the roads were drivable but many things including County Govt. was shut down. Charleston was worse because of the bridges and they got more ice. But we did not loose power.

I'm looking forward to hearing about the new Beach Club in Aruba and Eagle Beach if you end up there the second week.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]Yes.....the places we go on Aruba are much better than where most of the cruise ship passengers go. I will fill you in on where to go!![/SIZE][/FONT]

Jane,

We'll be doing the same cruise in March. We received the pre-cruise call but weren't home at the time. They left the message about everything being geared to the Spanish speakers who will predominate on board. They even said the food in the dining room would be made to accommodate the tastes of their culture. Had we been there to respond, we'd have said, "do you promise?" Which leads me to my request -

Will you please come back and let me know if the dining room food really is different? I have my hopes set high for this. :)

If you haven't cruised with Capt. Lis before you are in for a real treat.

Thanks!
Gina

[quote name='mommabean']Jane,

We'll be doing the same cruise in March. We received the pre-cruise call but weren't home at the time. They left the message about everything being geared to the Spanish speakers who will predominate on board. They even said the food in the dining room would be made to accommodate the tastes of their culture. Had we been there to respond, we'd have said, "do you promise?" Which leads me to my request -

Will you please come back and let me know if the dining room food really is different? I have my hopes set high for this. :)

If you haven't cruised with Capt. Lis before you are in for a real treat.

Thanks!
Gina[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Century Gothic"]Hey Gina!

They did not tell us about any change in the dining room food! Hmmmmmm! Not a problem for me, but John will not like that. Surely they will have some of the regular stuff! I'll be sure and let you know. Too bad you're not on when we are! Darn!

We have cruised with Capt. Lis before. She's a sweetheart.

We'll be leaving on Thursday. It will be 96 degrees in Panama City! Really ready to get to some warm, sunny weather!![/FONT]

[QUOTE=max'smom;41563600][FONT="Century Gothic"]Hey Gina!

They did not tell us about any change in the dining room food! Hmmmmmm! Not a problem for me, but John will not like that. Surely they will have some of the regular stuff! I'll be sure and let you know. Too bad you're not on when we are! Darn!

We have cruised with Capt. Lis before. She's a sweetheart.

We'll be leaving on Thursday. It will be 96 degrees in Panama City! Really ready to get to some warm, sunny weather!![/FONT][/QUOTE]

I'm looking so forward to your review. I wish we could have gone with you this month but we wanted to be home for hopefully some cool weather. Right now it's shorts and flip flops for us here in FL.

We got the cultural immersion warning phone call on both phones from 2 different people. Land line and cell phone. We booked it on Oasis last week and the messages were here when we got home.

You may have booked on even shorter notice than us so maybe you missed the call out. I'm sure some food will be the same. Probably most. I just hope not all. :)

We did a Spanish immersion cruise out of Colon several years ago; gee, can't remember which ship now! It was the first sailing of this itinerary, though, so we were treated to fireworks upon debarking each port -- wonderful! This was a 7 day, and stops were Colon, Cartagena, Santa Marta, Aruba and Curacao (I think). DH is fluent (born in Cuba) and I am about a 6/10. At the end of the cruise, we were handed Spanish menus in the MDR and I didn't even realize it...so no telling what you'll be able to do after 14 days!!:D

I don't recall the food being too different, but then we like Latin food in all its incarnations, so its possible I might have just appreciated it without thinking about it being "different", if that makes sense.

We made friends with three charming Mexican ladies who were travelling together and had many interesting and varied conversations in the CL. I do remember my ears being extremely tired at the end of each night!

We weren't able to go into Santa Marta due to wind (tender port), but the other ports were awesome. We loved Cartagena; the old town is extremely picturesque. Have been to the ABC's many times, and Curacao ranks at the top of our all-time favorites list.

Would go again on this itinerary in a heartbeat -- hope you have a blast! Edited by lacruiser

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]Gina....we got the phone call.....thought it was an upgrade!! Darn!!

lacruiser.....thanks for your comments!! We are looking forward to this!! I hope to get to the Old Town in Cartegena.

We're leaving soon!!![/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=max'smom;41565671][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]Gina....[COLOR="Red"]we got the phone call[/COLOR].....thought it was an upgrade!! Darn!!

lacruiser.....thanks for your comments!! We are looking forward to this!! I hope to get to the Old Town in Cartegena.

We're leaving soon!!![/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Just today? The only call worse is when they call to welcome you aboard - and that's it. Are there still upgrades available for your cruises?

Gina

[quote name='mommabean']Just today? The only call worse is when they call to welcome you aboard - and that's it. Are there still upgrades available for your cruises?

Gina[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]No .....we got the phone call several weeks ago. And no....no possibility for an upgrade. I kept checking, but everything is gone....both weeks.[/SIZE][/FONT]