No baggy knees, please!

kellen

I'm in mid 60's and looking for slacks, pants good for travel on those long flights. They must have some stretch and do not leave you with baggy knees. What are your favorite pants for traveling and where did you purchase them?

I like L.L.Bean's Perfect Fit Pants in either the straight leg or boot cut. They are much better as far as keeping their shape than the Lands' End Sport Knit Pants.

A few colors are $5 off right now, and they always have free shipping.

Edited by hrhdhd

Chicos Zenergy brand. Like wearing a pair of pajama pants. They stretch in all directions, never bag and need no ironing. You can wash them in the sink and they dry quickly. They can be casual, or dress them up for a dinner out when traveling. Probably one of the best travel items I've ever purchased. Mine are full length and black.

Edited by Happy ks

Agree that Chicos Zenergy are the best. A few years ago they had a knit cargo style (black) that has a zipper pocket on the leg, they pull on and are thicker Ponte type fabric. I bought two pair and I wear them more than anything I have in my wardrobe.

I also have ...and love ...the Lands End Starfish pants and capris, but they're more casual feeling fabric and I don't generally use them for more than lounging or a trip to the grocery store.

Thank you, ladies. I, also have the Chico's Zenergy pants. Black and gray. They are fantastic for warmer weather travel. Most of the time my suitcase is full of Chico's clothes. I need something for cooler weather travel. Thank you for the suggestion on LLBean. Just got a catalog today and was looking at the chinos. I usually build my wardrobe around black and mix in a few colors. Scarves and pashminas are a must in my planning. Happy traveling to all!

I have several pairs of ponte knit pants that I like - not a pull on, but with zipper & button. My favorite are brown skinny (I need them in black but cannot find them!) They are Calvin Klein I got at Costco. I have 2 pr black - one is a skinny from Stein Mart and the other a wider leg (more like a knit jean) from Kohls. They have enough stretch to be comfortable on overnight flights but I haven't noticed a bagging problem. I prefer the skinny style because I can wear them with my black leather knee high boots that are fantastic for walking around cities! They're not so tight that I cannot wear silk long underwear underneath as needed ;-)

I have been searching for a water resistant travel pant - my husband has some nice options, including a couple pairs of khakis from the Levi Commuter line (water & stain resistant, designed for bicycling commuters) and some from Outlier in Brooklyn. I tried the Columbia Back Beauty skinny but they were too thin and too much like an exercise spandex pant - not quite what I'm looking for. Considering how much my husband likes his Outlier pants, I'm thinking about ordering their Daily Riding Pant http://shop.outlier.cc/shop/retail/women-s-daily-riding-pant.html

My next cruise is a Christmas Market river cruise, Dec 2014, so I'm definitely thinking about my capsule travel wardrobe in cool weather clothing!

Edited by Hoyaheel

If you like the look of jeans, but not the feel for travel, I can highly recommend Jag pull on jeans. I got a pair from Amazon.com and wore them on the flights to and from my last cruise.

They aren't baggy, but not skin tight. Kind of like a relaxed pair of jeggings. They are stretchy but never bag out.

What I like about this kind of pants for air travel is they are so much easier when using the airplane bathrooms. Without getting too graphic, they are easier because they pull up and down easily, and when down, they don't bag on the floor. ewwwwwwwwww

I wore them on the way there, had them washed on the ship, and put them back on to go home.

Hoyaheel - for those water-resistant pants, take a look at the Athleta Dipper pants… Athleta has a few other pants that are water-resistant.

I don't like the shape of the dipper but I'll see if they have other styles that are more appealing. In general I've not been a fan of Athleta - not quite my style.

The other pants I've been looking at are the Anatomie Skyler or Susan

http://anatomiestyle.com/shop/category/pants/page/2/