# of outlet plugs in concierge level

sarawithanh

The last carnival cruise I wad on had the standard two plug outlet in bedroom. Should I expect same for regeant mariner?

Thanks in advance

Sorry, the "concierge level" doesn't get you any more plugs than the same sized standard cabin. One on the desk and one at the make-up mirror (120/220 at each) and one in the bathroom for a razor/toothbrush only, dual voltage.

J

31/425

Sorry, the "concierge level" doesn't get you any more plugs than the same sized standard cabin. One on the desk and one at the make-up mirror (120/220 at each) and one in the bathroom for a razor/toothbrush only, dual voltage.

J

31/425

If you bring a 240/120 adapter you have two at each location. Almost all electronics are now dual voltage and I have gotten my wife to purchase dual voltage appliances, too.

We always bring one of those boxes that multiplies outlets (sorry, don't know the English word for it) with us. Usually one with 3-5 sockets.

These days you have chargers for everything, so you can't have to many sockets.

Thanks for the response.

The fact that there are plugs in bathroom, mirror and desk is already a vast improvement from Carnival where there was only 1 set of plugs (i.e. 2 plugs, which proved a pain when i'm trying to charge 2 phones and 2 cameras)

I think I may still purchase this to be safe:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0015DYMVO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1XSFAFGH2RNHJ&coliid=IYOJ6NNAW8QVF

Do you think I will need a travel adapter plug for our hotel stay in Monte Carlo? I THINK my parents have one of these that I can borrow at any rate.

Sorry, just to confirm, do they take the US type plugs only as opposed to European/UK?

NO, they are as I described and they are in pairs with one US type and 1 European type. UK plugs are totally unique, not the same as european and will NOT work without an adapter.

Sarah, would suggest you get a power strip that plugs in with a cord coming off of the strip. Here is an example of what I mean:

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-6-Outlet-Commercial-Protector-Rotating/dp/B000JV3CKA/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1389714390&sr=1-4&keywords=power+strip

The possible problem is that the receptacles are recessed so that the one you suggested may not plug in since the body of the strip will block it. This is my memory from a couple of years ago. And, sure you could pick up what you need from the local Walgreens, CVS or even Dollar General. Or search thru Amazon and purchase what you like with a sort of separate plug that is not integrated in the strip.

Hope you understand by gibberish and why I included the link with a picture. As to Monte Carlo, you will need an adapter to plug anything in and these are also available everywhere and are cheap and only a 2 pin which you would plug the strip in. Assume all that you will plug in are dual voltage as if not you would need a converter.

Thanks again rallydave. -Seems strange that they cater for both US & European type plugs in the cabins, however it is all good.

Regarding using a UK plug with an adaptor, is that safe as the voltage is much lower on US plugs than the UK ones. I've heard that using a UK electrical appliance in the States by means of an adaptor can blow the fuse, is this true?

Thanks again rallydave. -Seems strange that they cater for both US & European type plugs in the cabins, however it is all good.

Regarding using a UK plug with an adaptor, is that safe as the voltage is much lower on US plugs than the UK ones. I've heard that using a UK electrical appliance in the States by means of an adaptor can blow the fuse, is this true?

See by your number of posts you are new to at least to CC and probably to cruising. Believe that all or almost all cruise ships have European and US plugs as ships generally sail all over the world and cater to more than just US people.

Using anything electrical requires an adapter unless the item is dual 220/110 voltage. Doesn't matter the type of plug, it is what the item is built to work with. Most things today are dual voltage and work with either voltage however a few things are single voltage and need the adapter whether to convert 220 to 110 or 110 to 220.

Not sure about blowing a fuse but, I did accidentally use a charger that was only 110 in a 220 plug and didn't blow anything in the hotel but, the charger no longer worked at all. The main concern is blowing up your device or charger if it isn't designed for the voltage you are plugging into.

Agree about power strip. Have posted the link many times. We take it with us everywhere. Suggest you pay special attention to the plugs that the hotel you will be staying at pre-cruise use. Easy thing to forget.

As may have been said (did not read entire thread as I am not at home yet), there is no difference in the number of outlets in "concierge" vs. "non-concierge"suites unless you are in a penthouse or above.