Success of precruise request for table for 2

tootsiescurly

Mr. Heald said, "I do ask on behalf of my wonderful colleagues not to write directly to them and if you do, please don’t me mad if you do not receive a response. I thank them for all their hard work as they continue to provide a wonderful atmosphere and brilliant service in our dining rooms."

Basically, I believe he is saying, if you have a special request you may email him (John Heald)--- Or do what I use to do... talk to the Maitre D when you first arrive. Yes, I understand sometimes the line is long to speak to the Maitre D, but I have always had success.

I am thankful that I do not have to do this anymore because I am very fond of Anytime Dining :D

We all have done this but why should we have to waste our precious vacation time waiting in a line to get our tables changed? Wouldn't it be easier if they simply allowed you to make the request when booking? Also, if people choose not to eat in the dining room the servers miss out on the extra cash tip. Not far to the servers either!!!

The flat out easiest way to get your table for 2 is choose your time dining and there will be no problem! Your time dining has worked out great for us and we were able to get the same serving team every night for the " get to know your waiter " set time experience. No emailing required, no long waits to see the Maitre D easy peasy as they say.

Edited by n6uqqq

It was posted on a social media site that the maitre d's respond to email requests at their discretion. Maybe you should eat in the buffet if you aren't willing to wait in line or do anytime dining.

We all have done this but why should we have to waste our precious vacation time waiting in a line to get our tables changed? Wouldn't it be easier if they simply allowed you to make the request when booking? Also, if people choose not to eat in the dining room the servers miss out on the extra cash tip. Not far to the servers either!!!

It was posted on a social media site that the maitre d's respond to email requests at their discretion. Maybe you should eat in the buffet if you aren't willing to wait in line or do anytime dining.

Why would a company run their business as give the maître D the option to respond at ones discretion and not have a standard procedure for something so minor ?

I guess its easier for them to wait until everyone arrives and have 300 people stand in line rather than begin to enjoy their vacation when they arrive to a ship and make it easier to do either via the phone call while booking or a simple phone call and note on your booking number

I guess this backs up what I usually say about no consistency within the company or the ships for that matter. One cannot expect anything to be the same ship to ship with Carnival ,which is very basic business practice

Probable a little late, since the OP sails today....

But, the wife and I have only asked for a table for 2 once, and that was for our honeymoon cruise. We got it, and it was a private table for 2, not one of those with a 4 inch gap between it and the next table for 2.

We did a B2B on the Liberty a couple of cruises ago and requested a table for two. Ending up getting one in the aft dining room on the second floor overlooking the main floor. I think there were only six tables like this and they're seem to used by Carnival officers & their families as the two tables next us had some officers & their families dining. Had the table for both legs of the B2B (nice!).

We really didn't push the table request at all and was pleasantly surprised. Sometime during the cruise I did talk to the Maitre D and thanked her and asked why such a nice table. She said something like we were "flagged" as good Carnival guests. We are plat, and usually get cat 10/11/12's cabins (we once slummed in a 9C), but I still am not sure how she knew our history....

So next cruise, we again asked for a T4Two and got one of those in the main aisle, so I guess we were just lucky!