Baby's First Cruise! My Liberty Photo Review #2

We rested until the muster drill. Surprisingly, it went pretty well. We carried Isaac there since we didn't want to deal with the stroller. When we arrived, the crew let us stand at the front of the line. About 5 minutes before everyone else was dismissed, they let people with small children leave.

During sailaway, we went to the pool deck but not much was going on up there. I guess I was looking for a Dreamworks character or something, but we didn't see any. We decided to go to the helipad instead.

To get there, go all the way forward on Deck 4, outside. You'll see a set of stairs at the front of the ship. Take those up, and you'll walk through a very windy space to get to the helipad. The view from the very front of the ship is awesome. And not many people know about it, so it's not very crowded. Our favorite sailaway spot on ships that allow it.

IMG_3302_zps6043309d.jpg

IMG_3307_zps083ca86e.jpg

IMG_3309_zps20555c06.jpg

IMG_3310_zpsf5bd4937.jpg

Love your review and your adorable little man! I am taking notes for our upcoming cruise on the Liberty, thank you so much!

Our next stop was Playa Palancar. I chose this beach because we weren't planning to spend a whole lot of time on the beach (in case it was too hot for Isaac), and I didn't want to have to pay an entrance fee. They do expect you to buy a drink or two though. Actually, we got there later in the day and no one came to ask us if we wanted something to drink, so we didn't have to spend anything there.

The beach had plenty of lounge chairs, even some under the palm trees in case you needed shade. Wes and I sat along the shoreline with Isaac, and Mom and Aunt Avis went to lounge in the shaded area under the trees.

IMG_3837_zps87c1691e.jpg

IMG_3838_zps1b15e5ba.jpg

IMG_3841_zpsab1b6f24.jpg

IMG_3863_zps1fb94fec.jpg

IMG_3844_zpse5ad14e3.jpg?t=1391987806

IMG_3849_zpse571a628.jpg

Isaac did pretty well in the water. We stayed close to the water's edge while I held him tight, and he had a good time splashing around. The ladies loved him- they came up and talked to him pretty often and he had a slight smirk. I turned around and looked at Wes and he looked so proud, LOL!

I was surprised; a wave broke closer to us than I was anticipating, and the water hit him in the face. He took it in stride and smiled a little bit.

After swimming, I let the baby hang out with Granny in the shade while I walked around and took some pictures. Some photos of the property as I wandered around:

IMG_3855_zpsd7ed6ff7.jpg

IMG_3866_zps2ecffe75.jpg

IMG_3869_zpseca60f5e.jpg

IMG_3872_zps798eeea4.jpg

IMG_3874_zpsc3e2bd38.jpg

IMG_3878_zpse44ed509.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I had to dig this thread up for DH. We took LO for his 12 month checkup yesterday and he fidgeted and squirmed so much DH was like there's no way we can take him on a plane and then on a cruise. I was like no I got tips from Chrystal, LOL.

Question, where did you get that floppy hat for Isaac? I neeeed that. All I can ever find are baseball caps and winter hats. LO hates having anything on his head so those strings on the hat Isaac is wearing will help me a lot. :D

I had to dig this thread up for DH. We took LO for his 12 month checkup yesterday and he fidgeted and squirmed so much DH was like there's no way we can take him on a plane and then on a cruise. I was like no I got tips from Chrystal, LOL.

Question, where did you get that floppy hat for Isaac? I neeeed that. All I can ever find are baseball caps and winter hats. LO hates having anything on his head so those strings on the hat Isaac is wearing will help me a lot. :D

Hi CruiserTB! I got the hat on Amazon, here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/play-Unisex-baby-Infant-Protection-Toddler/dp/B004VOD6ZM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1393625614&sr=8-4&keywords=baby+sun+hat. We get compliments on that hat wherever we go. So many colors to choose from, too. I can't wait for this summer, I'm going to get some more!

Hi everyone! I totally apologize for taking so long to finish my review. Work just exploded, and by the time I get home...I pretty much go to bed the same time as Isaac! :eek::o

I had some issues with Photobucket, but I think we're all good now. I'll likely start writing again this weekend. Keep the questions coming, I love to help cruisers anyway I can!

So very excited for your review! My husband and I hope to have a little one within the next year or 2 and we always talk about whether or not cruising with a little one would be a good idea, can wait to read your take on it :)

Let me just say that we've cruised with my daughter when she was 8 months old, 1.5, and 2.5 (and we're about to cruise right after she turns 3). Cruising is a great option since you aren't taking them in and out of cars and in and out of hotel rooms.

We made our way back to the ship after that. We found Gerry, who was waiting for us in the parking area nearby. While we waited in the van for Mom and Aunt Avis to catch up, Gerry serenaded us in Spanish....well, Wes was in the front seat so he pretty much serenaded him. It was hilarious! He has a great voice. Ask him to sing for you if you have him as your driver.

I tried a local beer on the ride home (this was my first time trying beer)...I'm not a beer fan. Sorry. LOL

IMG_3884_zps8843ef99.jpg

We had a wonderful day with Gerry. Can't wait to book with him again when we return to Cozumel :)

We did some shopping at Los Cinco Soles at the port. I got a little tequila and some vanilla.

IMG_3885_zps232d5fb2.jpg

IMG_3887_zps0580f535.jpg

Back to the ship....

IMG_3890_zps5e1b587f.jpg

IMG_3892_zps42ac12d0.jpg

I turned Platinum with the Crown and Anchor Society just before the cruise. When we got back to the room, my Platinum Pin was on the bed:

IMG_3895_zps34aea43a.jpg

IMG_3896_zpsd9f33180.jpg

Tonight, Mom and Aunt Avis agreed to have Isaac spend the night with them. We were looking forward to a full nights' sleep!

We moved the Pack and Play to their room, about 4 doors down. It was very easy to move everything, and we didn't have any issues with the cabin stewards. My Mom's cabin steward actually joked that we were kicking Isaac out for the night, lol! Mom watches him every day while we go to work, so we knew he would be in good hands.

We originally planned to have dinner at Chops, but we didn't feel like getting dressed up. So we got takeout from Johnny Rockets. Service was quick. I ordered a burger, and the waiter asked if I was sure I didn't want a side or two....so I got some chili cheese fries. They were really good! He packed the toppings for the fries separately so they wouldn't get soggy on the way back to the room.

IMG_3897_zps152cc4d9.jpg

IMG_3901_zps326e2a5d.jpg

IMG_3900_zps71d2e74d.jpg

IMG_3904_zps2a901dcf.jpg

After dinner, we went to the Solarium to enjoy one of the cantilevered hot tubs. I think that was around 11 PM. The white party was hopping on the pool deck as we walked to the Solarium. There was another couple in the hot tub when we got there, but they left after about 5 minutes. We had it all to ourselves until they closed it for cleaning. Fascinating that out of the thousands of people on the ship, we were the only two in that very spot. That's what I love about ships of this size. Couples- if you have a chance, enjoy the hot tub in the adults-only area one night. It's a nice way to finish the evening.

Edited by Host Faith
Originally stated I turned Platinum on the cruise- I was Platinum before the cruise. Oops :)

Wes and I picked Isaac up and went to the Windjammer for breakfast. It was pretty busy so we had to walk to the back of the buffet, but we found a seat quickly, even with his stroller in tow.

IMG_3923_zps88c862e8.jpg

IMG_3931_zps10c4d454.jpg

IMG_3936_zps1ba23646.jpg

IMG_3933_zpsb22b7846.jpg

I got an omelet freshly made, with salsa on the side- total yum. If you want freshly scrambled eggs or eggs with cheese, they can make those for you too. :)

IMG_3927_zpsd7b56980.jpg

Thankful that we can always keep him occupied with a book!

IMG_3930_zps5ef2e478.jpg

We visited the Fisher Price Play Area in Cloud 9 (Deck 14), to let Isaac burn some energy. There were some mats, and toys all around. He had a great time. He was the only baby there at the moment.

IMG_3942_zpsbca0f4cd.jpg

IMG_3950_zpsb0324c89.jpg

IMG_3951_zpsd5f6aba5.jpg

IMG_3959_zpsa0b03c0f.jpg

IMG_3984_zpsb80041ae.jpg

IMG_3985_zps776c5190.jpg

We went to the Windjammer again for a quick lunch. After lunch, we took Isaac to the Baby Splash Zone one more time. He had a ball and complained when I tried to take him out. I put him back in and let him splash away.

IMG_4017_zpsa1757094.jpg

After wandering the ship for a bit, we got dressed for dinner and met my Mom and Aunt in the Main Dining Room. It was early so there were very few guests there. After a while, a large party (perhaps 10 people) sat nearby. They were so loud that the babies making noise around us could barely be heard. We had a nice, relaxed meal- no worries about Isaac being too loud, lol!

IMG_4022_zpsb2292660.jpg

IMG_4025_zps5c31d728.jpg?t=1394046610

IMG_4027_zps3ae2163e.jpg

IMG_4028_zps4749f437.jpg

Great review! It's so nice to see and read about life cruising with an infant. We'll be sailing Oasis next month with our little one. He'll be just over 7 months when we sail. Thanks for doing this review and can't wait to read the rest!