Baby's First Cruise! My Liberty Photo Review #2

Loving your review!!!!:D:D Isaac is such a cutie!!! I honestly think he looks JUST like your hubby!!!! Same facial expressions....lol

Anxiously waiting for more......

LOL! Thank you! Yeah he takes after Wes with those expressions. Knowing my husband, I can imagine what Isaac must be thinking! :)

Chrystal, this is a great review and Isaac is so adorable!!

Too bad we couldn't connect on the Allure cruise but I see that little man has been keeping you busy LOL will definitely be following along.

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

Hey Virtopia!! :) How are you? Yeah this little guy definitely keeps us busy! I see you're sailing the Quantum next year. I think we're going to do the 12-night cruise on her. We can't wait!

Great review! Thanks so much! Your little guy is adorable!!!

Thank you! :)

Edited by Host Faith

Totally counting down the days. We've nothing booked still weighing up Greek Islands on Splendour or heading back to where it started in the Caribbean. Thinking of going big and looking at Allure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oooh tough choice, either one sounds great!

Great review so far, can't wait to hear and see the rest!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Thanks Poorplaya! :)

I am learning so much here! Thank you for the recommendation for Tourplaza. It's great to know that they can provide a cooler and a carseat. This will be VERY helpful! And the photo of the taxi rates is a Godsend.

Your dessert photos made me gain weight :eek:

I'm so happy to know the review is helpful. Please do consider Toursplaza. They've been consistent in giving us great tours around Cozumel.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this review. We are headed on the FOS with our 2 year old in March so this review makes me feel so much better about bringing a young one! I have also been looking at your Allure review because I'll be 20 weeks pregnant when we cruise.

One question, was the pack n play that Royal provided a standard size or was it smaller? Our son is on the smaller side and fits ok into a regular size pack n play but I don't know how he would do if it was any smaller. Thanks!

Crystal!!!

It's great to read your review again! Isaac is off the charts adorable:D, can't believe how big he is. Thanks for posting the royal baby's program info, I'm thinking about taking my god daughter with me on my next trip.

Can't wait to read the rest of this review!

Please do have a dinner there, it's totally worth the splurge! :)

Due the generosity of friends we met onboard the Explorer, we were treated to dinner at Portofinos. They won big on slots and shared their winnings with a group of us. Dinner was exceptional, even if we had to pay!

Edited by smeck

Chrystal honey, welcome back!!

Happy to see you had a great cruise. Your Mama looks like a fun lady and you know what -I'm a sworn DINK but girl if you bring that son of yours anywhere near me, I'll kidnap him and use him as a cuddly toy.

How cute can he get!?

;););)

Anymore updates coming? This review is so good & helpful I don't want it to end. I don't think you mentioned where you purchased the car seat carrying bag from? It looks like I'm going to fly down to florida for our cruise so I'm definitely going to need one of those. Thanks.

Great we used when my son was younger exactly how she did. We threw all the coats in there and zipped it up. Worked great! Glad he is a little bigger now and we don't travel with the seat anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this review. We are headed on the FOS with our 2 year old in March so this review makes me feel so much better about bringing a young one! I have also been looking at your Allure review because I'll be 20 weeks pregnant when we cruise.

One question, was the pack n play that Royal provided a standard size or was it smaller? Our son is on the smaller side and fits ok into a regular size pack n play but I don't know how he would do if it was any smaller. Thanks!

Awesome! Cruising while pregnant and cruising with a baby are both very enjoyable as long as you go with the flow and take your time. Enjoy your cruise!

The pack n play was a standard size. :)

Crystal!!!

It's great to read your review again! Isaac is off the charts adorable:D, can't believe how big he is. Thanks for posting the royal baby's program info, I'm thinking about taking my god daughter with me on my next trip.

Can't wait to read the rest of this review!

Hey Ronda! Thank you so much! I can't believe he'll be a year old next month! What a great godmommy you are! I hope the review is helpful as you make your plans :)

Thanks Chrystal. These tips are going to be sooo helpful on my cruise with LO this summer. Now I just gotta see if grandma can come along :D:cool:

Haha! I hope she can come along with you! A great way to make some happy memories :)

Anymore updates coming? This review is so good & helpful I don't want it to end. I don't think you mentioned where you purchased the car seat carrying bag from? It looks like I'm going to fly down to florida for our cruise so I'm definitely going to need one of those. Thanks.

I got the bag from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009RNXNA/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 The link to each product is located in the product's name on that list ;)

Edited by Host Faith

We made a couple tourist spots near the port area. These next two stops are within about 10 minutes of the port. The first was a stop at Cozumel's airport. Sounds a little strange, I know, but they have some airplanes out front that date back to World War II. They were used in 1945. Gerry noted that the mission in which the planes were used represented the one time Mexico helped the USA in the war. I think he said there weren't any fatalities. Pretty cool planes. We took some photos while Isaac slept in the car, lol! One of us stood next to the car as we took turns.

IMG_3676_zps8e36264c.jpg?t=1391002071

IMG_3679_zps4479bd3e.jpg

IMG_3680_zpsc0c7ab65.jpg

IMG_3682_zps5e0b1930.jpg

IMG_3683_zps4e94de42.jpg

The next monument we visited is my favorite, because of the artwork and the water views. This monument was made to commemorate Gonzalo Guerrero. He was a sailor from Spain who became a captive in Cozumel. He then earned his freedom, and married a Maya woman, raising three of the first mestizo children in the New World. In the monument, we see Gonzalo, his wife (feeding their youngest baby) , and his two older children. You can read his story here. Gerry took these photos for us- he's a handy photographer!

IMG_3691_zps1c8ccacb.jpg

IMG_3685_zps4165dc45.jpg?t=1391002304

IMG_3692_zpsd6bca806.jpg

IMG_3697_zpsb7315377.jpg?t=1391002784

IMG_3700_zps90af903e.jpg

IMG_3701_zps18266671.jpg

We then took about a 20-minute drive to the Eastern side of the island. This side is less inhabited, and there's a wild beauty there that had us hooked from our first moments there. The view was of endless sea, and there was a strong, exhilarating wind coming off the ocean. I wouldn't recommend swimming on this side, but if you love to gaze at a beautiful view like Wes and I do, be sure to visit this side of the island. For all you biking and jogging enthusiasts, there's a paved path along this area.

My Aunt walks with the aid of a cane, and she takes her time going from place to place. The area was so beautiful that she was the first one out of the van, and she hurried down to the beach. Here's a link to a quick video of our first moments there. You can hear the wind:

IMG_3711_zpsd6d31ede.jpg

IMG_3712_zps4d01ce4e.jpg

IMG_3715_zps9d4028fa.jpg

IMG_3716_zps4a58c639.jpg

Isaac stuck his tongue out to feel the wind, lol....

IMG_3717_zps87ab7911.jpg