Baby's First Cruise! My Liberty Photo Review #2

So funny with ketchup

Smiley face. He is too cute.

When you eat at Johnny rockets I know there is a cover of about $5 pp but does soda come with that with your meal or still extra charge? If you have a soda pass would that work there or no?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sodas are extra, on top of the cover charge. The soda pass does work there. :)

I had the #12 burger, and Wes had chicken fingers. We didn't see the chicken fingers on the menu, however he's ordered them on other ships, so he asked. Our waiter happily obliged. Everything was fresh, hot, and delicious.

IMG_3510_zps6cdebde9.jpg

IMG_3509_zps1370dbe1.jpg

IMG_3507_zps7db39ee6.jpg

Yum! We need to definitely go there one day. I'm sure you will tell us but did you end up going to Portofino's? You can just say y or n now if you are covering it later we are celebrating a big bday of mine onboard and I was thinking maybe if we had my so eat with adventure ocean we could go there alone.

Yum! We need to definitely go there one day. I'm sure you will tell us but did you end up going to Portofino's? You can just say y or n now if you are covering it later we are celebrating a big bday of mine onboard and I was thinking maybe if we had my so eat with adventure ocean we could go there alone.

We sure did! We love Portofino. We highly recommend it. :)

Next up was some time in the Baby Splash Zone, a small section of the overall H2O Zone. Isaac really enjoyed himself here. There's basically a very shallow pool, and a sprinkler under which the kids can sit or stand. There weren't that many babies there, maybe 3 when we were there.

IMG_3521_zps58fd1f7e.jpg

When we first sat him in the water, he kind of sat there, splashing a little bit and observing the other kids. Then, suddenly, he took off! He crawled around about every inch of the pool, and didn't want to leave. I think we spent about an hour there. From time to time, the bigger kids would splash about in there for a few seconds before returning to the H2O Zone. I can't wait for him to be big enough to enjoy that, by the way. It looks like so much fun!! After a little while, the other families left and he had the splash zone all to himself.

IMG_3526_zps79f9cbca.jpg

IMG_3533_zps017a6998.jpg

IMG_3539_zps266503f1.jpg

IMG_3553_zps37a0f165.jpg

IMG_3559_zpsca33302f.jpg

He let us know when he was ready to get out....

IMG_3566_zps7cf79406.jpg

IMG_3567_zps8f36e5af.jpg

About the new towel policy- I love it! You no longer need your Seapass to get towels. You just let the attendant know how many towels you need, and they hand them over. The line moves much more quickly. We would take our towels with us to the room and left them with our regular towels for the cabin attendant to take away. Easy.

Really enjoying your review and pictures. Your son is a real charmer!

Thank you! :)

Great review - looking forward to hearing more about Liberty. We'll be sailing on her soon :)

Thank you, happy cruising to you and your daughter!

Aww seeing your son in the baby splash zone and I know my LO would love that! I've gotta rethink my plans and see what ships have one when planning my cruise now.:D

Definitely consider it! Isaac had a lot of fun :)

Chrystal, loving your review.

Can you tell us what terminal at the port you sailed from and did you return to the same terminal when arriving back?

Thanks in advance!

I think it was terminal 25? I wasn't paying attention, but from the descriptions on the Port Everglades website, it sounds like we were at 25 for the departure and the arrival.

Wes took Isaac back to the room so I could have a little alone time. I was looking forward to a nice quiet hour or so with a good book and a cool drink. I made my way to the Solarium bar and got a frozen coconut mojito. Yummy by the way!

IMG_3568_zps9aa5a68d.jpg

It was pretty loud in the Solarium (some people were hanging at the bar- and had been drinking since 9 AM) so I took my drink up to the St. Tropez deck.

From the pool deck, walk up one flight, then walk past the Sky bar and you'll see another set of steps. Walk up those and there's a quiet area for sunning. Love it!

My beautiful view:

IMG_3573_zpsae9fb054.jpg

IMG_3569_zpseb96204c.jpg

IMG_3572_zps55382644.jpg

I was a happy camper.

IMG_3575_zpsb6f6f256.jpg

Mom offered to watch Isaac while we went to Portofino for Wesley's birthday dinner. We had considered bringing Isaac to the earliest seating they had, but he was so 'animated' in the MDR the previous night, we figured it would be best to take him to Portofino when he's much older. We were all scheduled to eat there, but Mom said she would be happy to watch Isaac while we had a nice evening alone. Love her! :D I called the restaurant and changed the reservation to two guests instead of 5. We were excited to have a quiet dinner together. We decided to eat early, at 6:00, so we could get Isaac back to our room before Mom went to bed.

Tonight was the formal night, but we decided to skip it to keep packing, etc, simple. Mom and Aunt Avis got Johnny Rocket's for dinner and brought it back to the room.

Beautiful sunset from our balcony:

IMG_3590_zpsa48eb6c5.jpg

IMG_3594_zps7baa08b1.jpg

Oh Chrystal I knew there was a reason I liked you! I have those same shoes and I've worn them on my last 3 cruises because I can walk all over the ship and not feel like my toes are being pinched. They go with all my black & white stuff which is what I tend to wear on vacation to make packing easier. Btw, Isaac is a cute lil munchkin!

Portofino was wonderful, as usual. The service and food are consistently excellent. There were about 5 other tables with guests, all tables of two. We were seated by the window and enjoyed our view of the sunset. We saw some dolphins out there. Pretty cool.

IMG_3603_zpsba60f006.jpg

IMG_3598_zps9a9eab3a.jpg

Portofino Menu. You got to choose from each category. You can order more than one appetizer if you would like to try a couple:

IMG_3599_zpsd996fec0.jpg

IMG_3600_zps01602211.jpg

We started out with their warm bread, served with three spreads: roasted red pepper, roasted garlic, and kalamata olive tapenade. We were also given extra virgin olive oil with an aged balsamic vinegar for dipping. Delicious.

IMG_3602_zpsac24ab53.jpg?t=1390505731

We both started with the minestrone soup. It's done Genovese style, with a flavorful, clear broth. I wish I had the recipe, it's a wonderful start to the meal.

IMG_3606_zps47ee8690.jpg

I also tried the risotto with shrimp. Three fresh, plump shrimp on top of a rich risotto. The fried onions were a nice touch. I could have eaten that as an entree!

IMG_3610_zps9403b7a2.jpg

Wes got the Insalata Riviera (because I asked him to since I wanted to try it:D). We were kind of 'meh' about it. Not that memorable to us.

IMG_3611_zps1db3155e.jpg

I had the seafood skewer, and Wes had the filet. We never stray from these entrees :D. The skewer is served in a dramatic fashion. It's brought out on a cart, and the server takes it off the skewer for you. Our server insisted that I take a picture of it as it came out.

IMG_3613_zps52cf88fd.jpg?t=1390496202

IMG_3614_zpsc2b7cd43.jpg

IMG_3616_zpsa363fa88.jpg

Wes' filet was very tender, delicious...he didn't really need the steak knife. A really nice cut of meat.

IMG_3615_zpsed374542.jpg

Dessert was fantastic!

IMG_3617_zps224d0af1.jpg

I had the Tartufo al Cioccolato, and Wes had the Tiramisu. beautiful presentation. Both were delicious- rich, indulgent...total yum. We were also given a small plate with cookies and chocolate covered strawberries, on the house. Wes thought he didn't like Tiramisu until he tried this one. Generally, he orders vanilla ice cream for dessert. Not anymore :p

Tartufo:

IMG_3618_zps5a21a957.jpg

Tiramisu:

IMG_3620_zps0e94913a.jpg

IMG_3619_zps5b2eb2b5.jpg