Joyce Prince Tour?

PictureMom

Has anyone taken a tour with Joyce Prince? We are booked to tour with her in five weeks.

we toured with joyce a couple of years ago and she was fantastic.. She was totally accomodating to our scheduling and was very personable and had a great sense of humor. she knows the island very well and takes you off the beaten path. i would not hesitate to book with her again.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! I just finished off my review of my cruise from 2 weeks ago and Joyce's tour in St Maarten was definitely a big highlight!

Here's the link to my review

We rode with Makk. He was very knowledgable about island history and my husband loved being able to ask him whatever questions he wanted. He was also a very safe driver. He was more than willing to accomidate any request we had and he took us to tons of great, off-the-beaten-path spots which gave some great photo opportunities. The tour was an amazing experience! You'll love it. Here's a few photos from our adventure!

2014FreedomWEB-317.jpg

La Galion Beach

2014FreedomWEB-300.jpg

2014FreedomWEB-289.jpg

2014FreedomWEB-263.jpg

2014FreedomWEB-260.jpg

2014FreedomWEB-258.jpg

Thank you so much Katie! Your review was very helpful. We leave on our trip on the Oasis in less than a week! Both your review of your cruise on the Oasis and your review of St. Martin were very helpful to me. I'm a mega planner myself, so I loved reading your reviews.

Patti

Hey! I just finished off my review of my cruise from 2 weeks ago and Joyce's tour in St Maarten was definitely a big highlight!

Here's the link to my review

We rode with Makk. He was very knowledgable about island history and my husband loved being able to ask him whatever questions he wanted. He was also a very safe driver. He was more than willing to accomidate any request we had and he took us to tons of great, off-the-beaten-path spots which gave some great photo opportunities. The tour was an amazing experience! You'll love it. Here's a few photos from our adventure!

2014FreedomWEB-317.jpg

La Galion Beach

2014FreedomWEB-300.jpg

2014FreedomWEB-289.jpg

2014FreedomWEB-263.jpg

2014FreedomWEB-260.jpg

2014FreedomWEB-258.jpg

Beautiful pictures! I wanted to ask the price of the tour with Joyce Prince? I went to the website, but there were no prices listed. There will only be my husband, and myself. I am wondering if it would be too pricey for just two people. Thanks.

Love your review and AMAZING pictures!!!!

A question about your private tour in St. Maartin...did you expect Joyce to personally give you a tour, or did you know it would be someone else (Makk)? I've got Joyce booked for our day in port this April, and my understanding is that she does all her own tours. Am I mistaken?

We also plan to visit Le Gallion for a good chunk of the day.

TIA

A question about your private tour in St. Maartin...did you expect Joyce to personally give you a tour, or did you know it would be someone else (Makk)? I've got Joyce booked for our day in port this April, and my understanding is that she does all her own tours. Am I mistaken?

TIA

Yes, Joyce let us know when we booked that Makk would be with us because she already had another tour. 6 ships in port makes for a busy day! Thanks!

TIA

Could you tell me the cost of the tour? There are only two of us, so it may be more than we wish to pay. Thanks!

It was $375 for the day for 4 of us. She may have different pricing for 2 since you won't need as big of a car as we did- I'm not sure. For us, the pricing was worth it compared to a ship excursion for 4 and the freedom we had to do just the things we had in mind and take the kids back whenever they'd had enough. Good luck!

We were in St. Maarten on Jan. 29th. We booked months in advance with Joyce but had Victor as our driver. We knew ahead of time that we would have someone other than Joyce, as she was already booked. She assured us that everything that she offers on her website would still apply but it would just be a different driver. We were a group of 25 and had a big bus. Victor was fantastic in every way! Couldn't have been happier. He had a cooler of bottled water, soda, local beer, and a jug of rum punch. He stopped at a local store on the dutch side and we bought 3 styrofoam coolers and ice and filled them with beer. He told us that it was super cheap to drink on the dutch side and he was right. We got Coors Light, Bud Light, Bud, Heinekin, and El Presidente and it was all $10 for a 12-pack. We then toured the French side stopping at an outdoor market near Orient Bay. After that we went to Marigot Bay and went to Seraphina's and shopped for a bit. Following that we went to Mullet Bay where we rented lounges for $5 each and brought our coolers of beer right onto the beach with us. Mullet Bay was gorgeous! We ended our day at Maho watching the big planes come in. We had a fantastic day from start to finish!

photo_13.jpg.6d4a0a9b031bc0203b233283baf0fd1c.jpg

DSCN4911.jpg.5e48596ddeca862cbb5cf75f8bb09984.jpg

1891347_608472925902112_370500733_o.jpg.5f7434c7e7a161442ac269cfb2accb4e.jpg

DSCN4887.jpg.27bea83ec17b9f7b6d65ece590b3c633.jpg

DSCN4885.jpg.7f57d1d6c10a20fd0f5c393353a9b865.jpg

Could you tell me the cost of the tour? There are only two of us, so it may be more than we wish to pay. Thanks!

We have a group of 8. Comes out to $50 a person. Great price comparing it to other tours in which you have to follow their set itinerary. The thing that really sold me on Joyce was the fact she will take you anywhere you want to go. I like the idea of staying in any given place as long as we want and not having to follow a schedule. We will be there a week from Wednesday. I'll report back how it goes!

Katie, thanks for the review and the pictures (your kids look great!!!)

Decided to use Joyce as well and have her booked for a RCL Freedom of the Seas trip in June 2014. Just need to decide on the itenerary.

Does anyone know of the name of the French Pastry Shop in St. Maartan? I have seen others who have done reviews and wonder if they serve lunch as well as the chocolates?

Katie, thanks for the review and the pictures (your kids look great!!!)

Decided to use Joyce as well and have her booked for a RCL Freedom of the Seas trip in June 2014. Just need to decide on the itenerary.

Does anyone know of the name of the French Pastry Shop in St. Maartan? I have seen others who have done reviews and wonder if they serve lunch as well as the chocolates?

It's called Sarafina's and we were just there a few weeks ago. Yes they do serve all types of sandwiches, pizza, and subs. I got a ham and cheese croissant and my husband got a ham and swiss on French Bread. Here are a few pictures:

DSCN4887.jpg.2c22d16ea768deb96008bbd57745abcc.jpg

DSCN4888.jpg.645ad4bc9aebb7821450c083b7d3560e.jpg

I have toured with Joyce and she was fine. Have also toured with Bernard and a couple of others. My total favorite tour was with Jo Junie. He charges only a little more for his private tours than he does for his group tours. I found him to be the most enjoyable, informative, flexible and reasonable of any of the operators. He also has very clean new vehicles with AC. Not everyone does.