cruise at easter

stevet2607

We did something similar for my big 5 0 birthday , but went on the IOS for a 4 day mini cruise (first time RCI)

We had a great time, but would avoid Royal Caribbean in August !

We visited Ghent and loved it - if you get the chance go there and do a boat trip ---- wonderful. ;)

Thanks will look into this.

Thanks will look into this.

We did a boat trip through the canal into Ghent and saw all of the beautiful sites and then had about 90 minutes to look at the town, visit the chocolate shops, the 'pubs' for a very nice beer and have some wonderful waffles. It was the best day by far and outshone Paris.

Not sure if P&O do it but would recommend without hesitation

;)

Us too --------- this is the closest we will get until we can retire at 70 ! ;)

On the subject of retirement, if I may, I retired at 55, lucky I suppose. A lot of Aussies do retire early, do many Brits retire at 55 on self funded superannuation etc?

In Australia there is no automatic right to a Government Aged pension, it depends on your income stream from other sources. We are 65 and 67 and get nothing from the Australian Govt, except no tax payable on my private pension and a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card to get the subsidised medications, we also pay part of the cost of a visit to a Doctor.

I believe in the UK everybody of pension age is entitled to a State Aged Pension, even the Queen?

Edited by NSWP

On the subject of retirement, if I may, I retired at 55, lucky I suppose. A lot of Aussies do retire early, do many Brits retire at 55 on self funded superannuation etc?

In Australia there is no automatic right to a Government Aged pension, it depends on your income stream from other sources. We are 65 and 67 and get nothing from the Australian Govt, except no tax payable on my private pension and a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card to get the subsidised medications, we also pay part of the cost of a visit to a Doctor.

I believe in the UK everybody of pension age is entitled to a State Aged Pension, even the Queen?

Long story - things are changing over here so it is rather a hot topic !

My retirement age keeps creeping further away from me.:eek:

So things in England's green and pleasant land are not so good these days?

Never mind, just keep on cruising and think of the Empire !

Edited by NSWP

Been on lots of Easter cruises on family ships as I used to be a Headteacher and take my daughter. Easter cruises always have RC and C of E priests onboard so there are relevant services. The children get Easter eggs.

Weather can vary widely. We have had warm sunshine in March. Taking layers is good advice.

The reason why these cruises may be cheaper is that your chance of a rough Bay of Biscay crossing is higher. Often it is only in one direction, but 3 times at Easter I have been in a force 10 or 11. Being a good sailor I am never bothered, but take seasickness remedies if you are not!

Been on lots of Easter cruises on family ships as I used to be a Headteacher and take my daughter. Easter cruises always have RC and C of E priests onboard so there are relevant services. The children get Easter eggs.

Weather can vary widely. We have had warm sunshine in March. Taking layers is good advice.

The reason why these cruises may be cheaper is that your chance of a rough Bay of Biscay crossing is higher. Often it is only in one direction, but 3 times at Easter I have been in a force 10 or 11. Being a good sailor I am never bothered, but take seasickness remedies if you are not!

Couldn't have been any more stressful for you than the day job then ;)