Seabourn finalizes contract for new ship

Host Dan

I'm guessing most of the additional space will be cabins. Most with balconies.

There better be additional outdoor deck space so pax don't feel the need to "reserve" lounges.

The key will be additional crew to handle the 300 more passengers.

I'm guessing most of the additional space will be cabins. Most with balconies.

There better be additional outdoor deck space so pax don't feel the need to "reserve" lounges.

The key will be additional crew to handle the 300 more passengers.

It's interesting to note that the press release states "In addition, every suite will feature a private veranda." Sounds like no more deck 4 cabins. Maybe an additional dining venue or larger MDR?

It's interesting to note that the press release states "In addition, every suite will feature a private veranda." Sounds like no more deck 4 cabins. Maybe an additional dining venue or larger MDR?

Yes,they've done away with steerage on this ship.

Couldn't agree more, Martita. Sea days boring--Never, ever--cannot get enough of them! Are you listening, Seabourn? Have had three almost contiguous 5 and 6 day stretches of sea days in the past three weeks and they flew by. BTW, the entertainment has been over the top.

BTW, Cruiser Dan, just came in from the "Caviar in the Surf" (AKA pool) where I wore the sunglasses--you know. What a riot--everyone had their pictures taken in them. David E. was sad that he did not have his with him. Everyone thought of you, Phil, and Martita, of course. Thanks! Love from all of us on Sojourn!

Hopefully, open dining will continue as now. Silversea's Silver Spirit has capacity for 540 pax, just 64 less than projected for the new SB ship. On Silver Spirit, we never encountered any problem finding a table for two, or for four or joining a new group of people at any time we wanted, and 3 of the 4 cruises we've done on that ship have been full sailings.

540 pax worked for us, but that was before we tried Seabourn, albeit only on the big sisters. I'm not sure now that I'd want to return to a ship with more than 500 guests, let alone 600.

I expect Seabourn not to make the same design mistakes with the new ship as SS made with the Spirit, the biggest clanger being that there is no public room on the ship large enough to hold all 540 guests at once, therefore, for example, the Captain's welcome party has to take place across two venues.

Edited by Ravenscroft