CARIBBEAN PRINCESS Jan 11 2014-Photo and video review

Bimmer09

Another CCer recommended your review. Loved the pics and review. Thank you for the info about getting to the port and back.

Thanks for reading it Susie and I'm glad there was some useful info there for you.

It's already 4 months ago and I have 4 more months before I set foot on a Princess Ship again (Ocean Princess) in Venice.

Cheers!

Norris

I haven't been glued to any thing since my last Grisham novel, But I have spent the whole day just reading all your comments and watching your photos and videos. We fell in love with cruising back in '68 when we celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary on a Cunard ship converted from a liner to a troop ship to a cruise ship. We could only affort a teeny cabin with bunk beds. We didn't cruise again until the 80s when my husband retired. In between we were too busy seeing our own beautiful country, South America and most of Europe. now we are D$&@ near 90 years old and cruising is about all we are able to enjoy. AND WE DO STILL ENJOY IT. We will be back on the CB in October for his 86th birthday Yes, I married a younger man. Your posts have made me more anxious to get back on that beautiful ship

Now we book suites and our B2B on the CB will be in a window suite. I'm anxious to see what that is like. guess we will need to book the Sanctuary for our outdoor time. Thanks to Princess we have been to every continent and loaded our brains with some wonderful memories and all kinds of photos, movies and videos.

So a great big hug and thank you from this old old lady.

I haven't been glued to any thing since my last Grisham novel, But I have spent the whole day just reading all your comments and watching your photos and videos. We fell in love with cruising back in '68 when we celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary on a Cunard ship converted from a liner to a troop ship to a cruise ship. We could only affort a teeny cabin with bunk beds. We didn't cruise again until the 80s when my husband retired. In between we were too busy seeing our own beautiful country, South America and most of Europe. now we are D$&@ near 90 years old and cruising is about all we are able to enjoy. AND WE DO STILL ENJOY IT. We will be back on the CB in October for his 86th birthday Yes, I married a younger man. Your posts have made me more anxious to get back on that beautiful ship

Now we book suites and our B2B on the CB will be in a window suite. I'm anxious to see what that is like. guess we will need to book the Sanctuary for our outdoor time. Thanks to Princess we have been to every continent and loaded our brains with some wonderful memories and all kinds of photos, movies and videos.

So a great big hug and thank you from this old old lady.

Thank you! A great big hug right back at you!

I wish you had one of those lists after your name which shows all the cruises you have taken. I am sure you have seen many changes over the years. My next cruise will only be my 8th as a passenger (2 Carnivals in the early 90s and 5 Princesses-Coral,Crown,Diamond, Ruby and CB-all of them in the past 3 years).

I had intended to include a "rant" in my CB round-up but then dropped the idea.

It was going to be against people who complain about "old people" on cruises as if there should be an age limit to having fun on a ship at sea.

There are also the complaints against people using scooters and wheelchairs for mobility-a definite lack of empathy there for people less fortunate.

You won't ever hear complaints from me in these regards.

I am very happy to hear that after all these years cruising with Princess still gives you so much joy and so much to look forward to and that you are healthy enough to partake of one of life's great experiences. We only live once and should savor every moment.

I hope you'll watch out for my Ocean Princess review in early October. It's a new class of ship for me and an itinerary which is places I have never been to before so I anticipate it being very long (no- even longer than you can imagine) and no doubt I will wear the cameras out trying to capture it all.

I just have to survive the next 4 months of anticipation!

Thanks again for taking the time to read the whole CB review.

Norris

norrisadair.blogspot.com

Norris,

Thank you for such amazing details and pictures! You truly have a gift! I will be on the CB with my mom on Monday and was a little apprehensive, but after reading all 23 pages, I am now excited. :)

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you read the whole thing. CB is another good Princess ship so you'll have a great time. I have loved every Princess ship so far. Where is she sailing to on Monday?

Enjoy to the MAX!!

Norris

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you read the whole thing. CB is another good Princess ship so you'll have a great time. I have loved every Princess ship so far. Where is she sailing to on Monday?

Enjoy to the MAX!!

Norris

We are headed to Cozumel, its a 4 nighter with a sea day going and a sea day coming back. I have only been on the Crown before. Thoroughly enjoyed the food and met some amazing people. Hopefully we will get to enjoy the Sanctuary this time.

Thank you for the review Norris. We are sailing on the CB late June and we are looking forward to it. A quick question, as I don't recall seeing anything posted here, how were the formal nights onboard? Was the dress code respected by the male passengers? Tuxes, suits.....:D

Thank you for the review Norris. We are sailing on the CB late June and we are looking forward to it. A quick question, as I don't recall seeing anything posted here, how were the formal nights onboard? Was the dress code respected by the male passengers? Tuxes, suits.....:D

HMSDingy-good name!

I wore a dark blue suit on formal nights but then I love wearing suits and ties.

I would say that most men who were dining in the MDR were in suits, with a few (say 10%) in tuxedos. If I owned a tuxedo I would wear one as there is nothing so elegant on a man but I wouldn't rent a $90 one to wear to dinner on a ship.

A couple of fine fellows wore kilts-immaculate! However there were men in shirts and ties with no jackets and that is ok by me. Some chose not to dress for the occasion and that's on them.

Formal dress night has become a tradition on ships and I think it is a good thing.

It's an elegant way to travel (or at least started off that way, just as airline travel did) and it's good to remind people that there are other forms of dress other than jeans and sweatpants with a goofy logo tee shirt. The waiters and crew are all dressed up so why not join them? It adds to the sense of occasion and for the women on board who think more about style and elegance moreso than the men it is a chance to wear more glamorous clothes and express themselves through fashion.

The buffet, room service and the specialty restaurants are there if you don't want to dress-up and think you would feel out of place on a night that's designed to be an "occasion" and beyond the normal everyday relaxed dress-code. I used the specialty restaurants before I decided to bring a suit on my 4th cruise.

Tux, suit, shirt and tie- they were all in evidence on the CB and I am sure every other Princess ship at sea on those nights.

Dress for success!

Hope this helps,

Norris

Yes it does, thanks. I've worn a tux on all of our cruises, save one with Royal where I brought a suit. I don't mind renting the tux as with the luggage weight restrictions, we are somewhat limited in what we can bring. I too like to dress up on and we rarely have any black tie occasions to attend.

• 3 months later...

Norris,

My travel companion and I will be sailing the CB in late October. I am grateful to have found such a thoughtful and entertaining review of your January adventure with Carol.

The new blog is also most enjoyable.

May you continue to find happiness in your travels.

Regards.

Norris,

My travel companion and I will be sailing the CB in late October. I am grateful to have found such a thoughtful and entertaining review of your January adventure with Carol.

The new blog is also most enjoyable.

May you continue to find happiness in your travels.

Regards.

Birdie, thanks for the compliments and I hope your appetite has been whetted for the CB. I wrote it back in Feb/March and am curious to know how you found it this late after the fact as it must be buried in page 56 on CC by now.

I'm glad you did find it.

Next up Ocean Princess Venice to Rome....an Epic I imagine. One month from today. Yippee!

Norris

Here is one from the Island Princess from you tube, there are many more.

Colo, thanks for showing the balloon drop- I've never stayed around to see one and I am glad you helped the German poster who was asking about it.

Maybe I'll watch one on the Ruby next January....

Norris

Norris, just caught up with you, so I can say I read your complete catalogue so far. Waiting for your Oct travels. Thanks for the blog and I will continue to follow you in your trips around the world. Julia

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Julia if you have read everything then you are ahead of me! The blog is over 120 articles and I have only read it as I was writing it (that helps to spot the spelling errors) I have been busy with organizing our Ocean P cruise and will be sailing out of Venice one month from today. I must say the hotels (Venice and Rome) have been very efficient to deal with via email and Rome in Limo has made me feel confident also after a shaky start.

My endless research has shown that the Ocean got a failing score (81) from the CDC on her last inspection (I think Feb this year) so I will be wearing my white gloves and looking behind the fridges in the galley, clipboard in hand.

Thanks for following along and give my regards to Carl.

Norris

Norris,

I first found the post on page 4 or 5 as there was activity in May. As of this morning, you have moved up to the first page. I would imagine you will now see a plethora of new comments and appreciation for the fantastic review.

I look forward to your shenanigans on the Ocean P.

Regards,

Birdie

Colo, thanks for showing the balloon drop- I've never stayed around to see one and I am glad you helped the German poster who was asking about it.

Norris

yes i hope you loud the video from the baloon drop to forum

greats

Norris

yes i hope you loud the video from the baloon drop to forum

greats

Als ich Deutschland liebe, ich will, nur fur die.

Let me know if there are any other things/events on the Ruby you wish to see. I have many videos from Ruby 2013 that I haven't shown yet on youtube but I will publish the January 2015 videos in my review in February.

Tchuss!

Herr Norris von Bitburger

Edited by Bimmer09
grammar error

Als ich Deutschland liebe, ich will, nur fur die.

Let me know if there are any other things/events on the Ruby you wish to see. I have many videos from Ruby 2013 that I haven't shown yet on youtube but I will publish the January 2015 videos in my review in February.

Tchuss!

Herr Norris von Bitburger

wenn sie die atrium party mit den balloon drop einstellen könnten von 2013 wäre es toll.

falls sie mal nach deutschland kommen und ein paar tips brauchen dann schreiben sie mich bitte an.

grüße

• 2 weeks later...