Carnival splendor opinions needed soon

pearle1

Hi all - this might be very impulsive , but my daughter has always wanted to go on a cruise , and I came across a ct resident rate for a 8 night Bahamas cruise that would be during her school break. It leaves February 13th - so only 3 weeks away! Is this too impulsive, or should I go for it??

If we do it, I am thinking an inside cabin ( just because it is less $$)

1440.00 total

Any thoughts ,opinions, would be appreciated

( and what people think of the inside cabins verses ocean view)

Thanks!

We are doing this cruise next week. We have an OV cabin. The prices were dirt cheap to. I hear the ship is very pink but its a cruise ship so, its all good. :p

An inside cabin is just fine but for $100 more (total) we got an OV on deck 2 and the cabin is larger then the inside we had booked.

Edited by limoguy1

That just seems HIGH to me, for this time of the year. We are getting a small blizzard today, with wind chills, below zero:eek::eek: Cruising out of the cold, and then back INTO the cold, doesn't seem enjoyable in this weather. Did you explore shorter length cruises out of FL, and then adding air?

I don't want to be THAT person, but just want to make sure you explored other options. I would not pay that price, no less, for an oceanview, out of NYC in the winter. Regardless, I am sure you two will have a great cruise..

Let us know what you decide.:D

That just seems HIGH to me, for this time of the year. We are getting a small blizzard today, with wind chills, below zero:eek::eek: Cruising out of the cold, and then back INTO the cold, doesn't seem enjoyable in this weather. Did you explore shorter length cruises out of FL, and then adding air?

I don't want to be THAT person, but just want to make sure you explored other options. I would not pay that price, no less, for an oceanview, out of NYC in the winter. Regardless, I am sure you two will have a great cruise..

Let us know what you decide.:D

That's the price for presidents week. It's very fair. She wouldn't be able to fly to Florida for that price that week.

I say do it! I love a balcony but would certainly take an inside if that's all I could budget for. We loved our 8 days on the Splendor.

I just got off the Splendor yesterday. Had a great time. This was my 2nd cruise on her. First one was end of May. Both times we had an inside cabin. Plenty of room. Slept like a baby. Food and service were great. I say go for it !!!

Edited by NYcruzzer

My daughter is even willing put $450.00 towards it :) money she saved from Christmas, and her bday - she turns 13 next week!

I see cruises for less, but they are during school, and she just can't miss a whole week. Then again, I found some for a lot more too.

Just checked OV, and it would be about 1550.00 total for the 8 nights.

That's the price for presidents week. It's very fair. She wouldn't be able to fly to Florida for that price that week.

I say do it! I love a balcony but would certainly take an inside if that's all I could budget for. We loved our 8 days on the Splendor.

Good catch. CT did away with that week off....they give them Friday, and then Monday and Tuesday. Gone is the full week. Still, would not enjoy a cruise out of NYC in these bitter temps. And the Bahamas aren't much better.:eek::eek: We did a land vacation to the Bahamas in APRIL, and the pools were too cold:eek:

To each their own..........If you are just looking to chill, and get away from work, and life, for that matter, I say go for it.:D:D

Limoguy1 -1440.00 is for 2 people. I have found ones for less, but it is when she is in school. This one that I am thinking of leaves February 13th ( the Thursday before her school break) so she would only have to miss 2 days verses a whole week

Limoguy1 -1440.00 is for 2 people. I have found ones for less, but it is when she is in school. This one that I am thinking of leaves February 13th ( the Thursday before her school break) so she would only have to miss 2 days verses a whole week

Ok..This is kinda high for 2 and I understand the school thing.

My GF and I are going next week $1050 OV total but school is open.

I would shop around, I see your dates for less money.

Edited by limoguy1

Do it! Have fun! The price is good. We are leaving on the Valor out of San Juan that week which is pretty cheap right now but the airfare would probably make it more expensive. Might be something to look into though.

The memories you make will be worth every penny, no matter how much it costs.

Just got off of this cruise yesterday and had a very nice time. Your price seems high, but maybe the price is higher because it is over Valentine's Day. We paid $900-something total for an oceanview but were upgraded to a spa balcony for $299.

These cruises have not been selling out, so if you take a lesser cabin you may just get an upgrade call. If they aren't offering what you want when they call, just ask for it. Their offer was to upgrade to a suite but we didn't want to pay that much more...so we asked about the spa balcony. They said they weren't selling those that day, but we said if you want to sell us an upgrade that's what it needs to be...and so we got it.

Sent from my iPad

Do it! Have fun! The price is good. We are leaving on the Valor out of San Juan that week which is pretty cheap right now but the airfare would probably make it more expensive. Might be something to look into though.

The memories you make will be worth every penny, no matter how much it costs.

You are cruising out of San Juan, which will be a balmy 80-90 degrees....easy to say. Cruising out of NYC in February, will be a balmy 20 degrees, if lucky:rolleyes:

I sailed out of NYC on March 6th last year on the Miracle and had such a wonderful trip that I have booked on the Splendor for March 17th. Each of these ships have solarium pools which work well while at sea and keeps the inside areas less crowded than other ships sailing from the area with open pool areas.. The view sailing out of NYC past the Freedom tower and the Statue of Liberty is wonderful. Go for it!!:(:)

I'm leaving on the Splendor on Jan. 28. I totally understand the up and down rates for school holidays. Also the idea of cruising to the Bahamas in the winter from some place cold. Being from Canada, the Bahamas is warmer than here, ergo, I am going some place warm....... besides the cruise for me is the vacation and the time spent on the ship with my mom (we are considerably older than you guys) is a big part of our enjoyment and together time. These are the memories that stay with you no matter what the weather!

Thank you all for all the different suggestions , advice, and opinions - it is all really helpful!

I am finding out that when school is out the prices are all higher - so if I want to take my daughter on a cruise - I just have to accept that.:rolleyes:

What I did look into , as another option, is flying to orlando during the summer months - and maybe doing 3 days on land (universal) ( because I have 2 days left that will expire) - and then doing a shorter 4 night Bahamas cruise.

( but first I have to check and see if people like that ship - carnival sensation)

Still deciding , and getting nothing done at home , since I am hooked on these forums!!